Page 643 of 661 FirstFirst ... 143543593633639640641642643644645646647653 ... LastLast
Results 9,631 to 9,645 of 9903
    [insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I have loved several Gambit moments in this book
    His entire introduction in Red was amazing. I loved seeing him at a political rally in his home state fucking around with a bunch of mutant hating idiots. Having watched coverage of the white supremacy marchers in Charlottesville in absolute horror that it was going on in this day and age, it was so cathartic to have a fictional version of it being mocked by Gambit.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    His entire introduction in Red was amazing. I loved seeing him at a political rally in his home state fucking around with a bunch of mutant hating idiots. Having watched coverage of the white supremacy marchers in Charlottesville in absolute horror that it was going on in this day and age, it was so cathartic to have a fictional version of it being mocked by Gambit.
    I loved that! The standoff between Gambit and that guy was so great
    Make Good Art

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    It's X-Men Red. The title suggests its focus is going to be on Jean. Most of the other characters have had more minimal supporting roles, where they've been used for a particular practical function. Gambit's not an exception.

Is it frustrating he has not been used more? Sure, but Taylor would have had to tell a fundamentally different story from the one he wanted to tell.
    Yeah, asides from Jean everybody's getting pretty equal panel time.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Spectacular Member

What DOA incarnation of the Gambit movie do you think would have turned out best? imo it's the the Doug Liman/ Léa Seydoux one.
    Gambit Gazette, all the latest Gambit comic book and movie news: http://gambitgazette.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nah View Post
    What DOA incarnation of the Gambit movie do you think would have turned out best? imo it's the the Doug Liman/ Léa Seydoux one.
    I hope the one that will get made.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/cracksh0t...36740901425152

White is asking on twitter who is your favourite character. He will count votes later. Voting is active till October 1st.

C'mon, it is time to vote for Cajun!
    Results

Spectacular Member

Results

Glad to see our favorite Cajun get top 10! I'm surprised he even beat Rogue in the polls (no shade towards Rogue here) considering how much more Marvel has featured Rogue in comics the last five years. Maybe this can be a sign to Marvel that they should have Gambit featured more prominently in comics after keeping him in limbo from 2015-2018 and seemingly trying to kill his fanbase with crappy writers and crappy stories. Despite all that they should realize that we still support him. Don't know how this will affect anything but one can wish.

https://twitter.com/cracksh0t/status...35413229080578

Jordan White's (the Xmen Editor) reaction from above just shows you how surprised they were with this result.

Not that the results are 100% accurate, but i'm not surprised in the slightest. Just because he's not used as much as he should doesn't mean he's any less popular a character.

I don't buy the 'divisive character' line either, just because a small vocal minority of geeks online are not fans dosen't mean he's 'divisive'.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CityofAngels View Post
    Not that the results are 100% accurate, but i'm not surprised in the slightest. Just because he's not used as much as he should doesn't mean he's any less popular a character.

I don't buy the 'divisive character' line either, just because a small vocal minority of geeks online are not fans dosen't mean he's 'divisive'.
    And Cyke is straight-up dead and in 1st.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

I am actually surprised by the results. He beat Emma and Rogue, and is almost equal with Storm? That is impressive, given how Marvel has mismanaged and underused him.

I know that a Twitter poll is not the most rigorous method, and the sample size is probably not large enough to count, but I still hope Marvel listens to it.

Also, Kitty is still top 10......

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo3000 View Post
    Glad to see our favorite Cajun get top 10! I'm surprised he even beat Rogue in the polls (no shade towards Rogue here) considering how much more Marvel has featured Rogue in comics the last five years. Maybe this can be a sign to Marvel that they should have Gambit featured more prominently in comics after keeping him in limbo from 2015-2018 and seemingly trying to kill his fanbase with crappy writers and crappy stories. Despite all that they should realize that we still support him. Don't know how this will affect anything but one can wish.

https://twitter.com/cracksh0t/status...35413229080578

Jordan White's (the Xmen Editor) reaction from above just shows you how surprised they were with this result.
    It seems White understands that Gambit is mostly loved or hated. Almost never in between.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    Decent supporting role? We must have a very different definition of decent, lol. He has barely done a thing so far, this is the modern version of Racky Lebeau almost wallpaper, barely speaks and does little to nothing.

His presence so far in the team is completely irrelevant, if he hadn't been included in the story nothing would have been affected at all. You can just remove him and the story would have developed without any major change.

Apparently his best bit was "leading a mission", and if by "leading" you guys mean just telling Nightcrawler to teleport to the cabin, hiding behind Laura for protection and asking Trinary to stop the sentinel. Anyone could have done that, there's no remarkable moment of brilliantence or thinking outside the box, even Glob Herman could have given those two same orders.

Let's be real if Gambit was doing meaningful things in this book people would be here talking about it and praising the book, especially those who think he would be way better away from Rogue and are desperate to see him shine without Rogue in his proximity. But that's not happening because there's nothing to talk about, Gambit in Red is just there.

And finally no, Red is not the best X-Men team book in years, is an average book that's only slightly better than Gold and Blue and that's because those books were trash and not because of Red's own merits. Also Rosenberg's Astonishing with only 3 issues has proven to be a much more entertaining, fun, fast pace book than Red, and in my opinion is way better than Red.

Yay you understand what supporting role means!

It seems White understands that Gambit is mostly loved or hated. Almost never in between.
    LOL..I used to hate Gambit, now love him. I dont think there was an in between stage with me as well

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    LOL..I used to hate Gambit, now love him. I dont think there was an in between stage with me as well
    I remeber we had some top 10 voting at CBR. Gambit ususally had high votes or no votes at all. He ranked high becuase he had a lot of #1s there and not because a lot of people voted for him. Nightcrawler instead had less #1 votes but more people putted him in top 10 list so he had a high position in results too.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    What writer or story changed your opinion about Gambit?