Page 646 of 661 FirstFirst ... 146546596636642643644645646647648649650656 ... LastLast
Results 9,676 to 9,690 of 9903
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dantes617 View Post
    Lol. I think it's a quote from the Devil Wears Prada.
    It's probably been in a lot of movies.l, it's an old expression, meaning prepare for battle, more or less. Though I never knew the exact basis for it until that handy graphics Thanks for purp!

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Thanks, Man
    Your welcome.

Asked KT some questions on Tumblr:

Any hope to see Gambit using "Bang you dead" phrase again? I am so glad that Thieves Guild will appear.

KT: I’ve been trying to work it in I’m hopeful! ;D

MMX 3 was my favourite issue of this series so far. Can we hope to see Gambit using his powers more in creative way? Creative use of Remy's powers was my favourite part of his last solo.

KT: Thank you!
    I’m trying on Remy’s powers. Creative use of super powers is one of my favorite things. But fitting into the narrative can be tricky. We’ll see!

EDA: I DO have one really badass thing I want to use very much…but getting approval for it has not been easy!

Anonymous:
    1) Will Gambit and Gladiator encounter each other again? 2) Will Gambit remind him that he won?

KT: 1) Gladiator is the Majestor of the Shi’ar Empire, he doesn’t get involved in fights of the punching kind (probably why he doesn’t love being Majestor).

2) Of course he would.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Asked KT some questions on Tumblr:

Any hope to see Gambit using "Bang you dead" phrase again? I am so glad that Thieves Guild will appear.

KT: I’ve been trying to work it in I’m hopeful! ;D

MMX 3 was my favourite issue of this series so far. Can we hope to see Gambit using his powers more in creative way? Creative use of Remy's powers was my favourite part of his last solo.

KT: Thank you!
    I’m trying on Remy’s powers. Creative use of super powers is one of my favorite things. But fitting into the narrative can be tricky. We’ll see!

EDA: I DO have one really badass thing I want to use very much…but getting approval for it has not been easy!
    This, in particular, is very intriguing. I wonder what it is that getting approval for it is proving difficult...?

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    This, in particular, is very intriguing. I wonder what it is that getting approval for it is proving difficult...?
    god i hope its not the date rape powers.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Exclusive: X-Men Producer Explains What Films Will Influence Gambit

https://screenrant.com/x-men-gambit-movie-influences/

"I think with the standalone movies, meaning Logan and Deadpool. Not mainline, X-Men movies, one of the things we've strived to do is sort of create a sub-genre within the genre of the superhero movie. Obviously Deadpool was like a R-rated comedy. Logan was very much a western. And, so we talked a lot about who Gambit is. And it's always motivated by the character is. We talked a lot about who Gambit is as a character and the things that Channing [Tatum] relates to in the character. And so obviously he's a thief, obviously you know his superpowers, those things are going to be very present and prevalent in the movie. But he's also a scoundrel, and a rascal, and a womanizer, and a lot of other things that we felt like we could explore in his relationships with women and one of the genres that is underserviced genre now is the romantic comedy. So whenever we can smuggle some other genre into one of these kinds of movies... I mean I did it with...The first movie I ever wrote was Mr. and Mrs. Smith and that was a romantic comedy smuggled into a spy thriller. In the same way that on the surface it will be a superhero movie with you know. People love superpowers and things are going to explode and there's going to be car chases and all of that. Doing all the powers and cards that you are familiar with. Underneath that will be romantic comedy undercurrents and it's not really like Rom-coms from when we were growing up. Or when I was growing up. It's more going back to like Philadelphia Story and His Girl Friday and just the kind of pattern banter of that and the fun and speed of those kinds of movies."

MMX #6
    Remy and one of the kittens
    RemyKitty.jpg

So excited for this!
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    MMX #6
    RemyKitty.jpg

So excited for this!
    That was my question. Beat me to seeing it, though.
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    MMX #6
    RemyKitty.jpg

So excited for this!
    #@$@$## cats, man... If I didn't trust KT.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    #@$@$## cats, man... If I didn't trust KT.
    Do you not like cats?

Just flipped through the Romy book. Ok issue at the start that became a bit of a mess at the end. Given all the characters involved, the fight was kind of lame and after all the acrobatics against scrubs, Gambit gets taken out quite easily by a named character. Some things never change.

As for Rogue's speech about her powers, I totally get what she is saying and I agree. However, I simply don't care. This speech would have been perfect like 10 years ago. Now it is just annoying for me because I am tired of Rogue and her power issues. It is literally my least favorite thing about the character so while I agree with her once again, I am just so over it. When will it ever end?

Probably the worst issue by far IMO.
    Last edited by remydat; 10-17-2018 at 10:33 AM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Spectacular Member Kalternativa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Just flipped through the Romy book. Ok issue at the start that became a bit of a mess at the end. Given all the characters involved, the fight was kind of lame and after all the acrobatics against scrubs, Gambit gets taken out quite easily by a named character. Some things never change.

As for Rogue's speech about her powers, I totally get what she is saying and I agree. However, I simply don't care. This speech would have been perfect like 10 years ago. Now it is just annoying for me because I am tired of Rogue and her power issues. It is literally my least favorite thing about the character so while I agree with her once again, I am just so over it. When will it ever end?

Probably the worst issue by far IMO.
    I believe that what KT is doing is solving this problem once and for all, before departing for other stories. It should have already been done, but unfortunately it was not. So I believe that once this problem has been solved, things will go forward more easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Do you not like cats?
    I don't mind him having A cat, but THREE is just too much for me, IMHO it's weird, especially for a guy that's in his late 20s early 30s.

PS: Dogs are better

Quote Originally Posted by Kalternativa View Post
    I believe that what KT is doing is solving this problem once and for all, before departing for other stories. It should have already been done, but unfortunately it was not. So I believe that once this problem has been solved, things will go forward more easily.
    Entirely possible. I simply don't care at this point. It is an uninteresting and boring story for me but I get that for others they want to read about it. To each his/her own.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.