Page 649 of 661 FirstFirst ... 149549599639645646647648649650651652653659 ... LastLast
Results 9,721 to 9,735 of 9903

So what was the point of adding Gambit to the "team"? Was is just for additional sales? Because I wouldn't have bought any of Red if I realized Gambit and about a third of the team were non-factors.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nopozyzy View Post
    So what was the point of adding Gambit to the "team"? Was is just for additional sales? Because I wouldn't have bought any of Red if I realized Gambit and about a third of the team were non-factors.
    Gambit's done stuff. This is the nature of a team book. Some issues you aren't going to get a lot of who you want, especially if it's overall well balanced (which except for Jean and arguably Gabby, it is).
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Yeah not sure what people were expecting with X-men Red. It obviously was going to focus on Jean Grey as she has been dead for 14 years. I don't see this as any different than the X-men back in the 90s where the books would routinely rotate characters and where Gambit would show up for an arc or two and then be gone for several issues.

Of course, I have been flipping through the pages and only intended to pick up in trade if I felt it had enough Gambit so perhaps my expectations are tempered because of that.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Askia View Post
    Yup, canceling my Red subscription.
    theres only 2 issues left anyway

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Yeah, it doesn't have Gambit in it as much as I'd like but I didn't really expect him to have much of a role with how big the roster is. Still love the book regardless, sad it's ending
    Make Good Art

I was fine with it until I realized that this is just a mini-series. I thought this was the beginning of an ongoing and that there will be plenty of time later for some of the characters to shine and get storylines. Now I'm annoyed that it took this long to recruit an interesting team and they aren't going to be able to do much. It just feels like another Astonishing X-Men type of deal where I got all hyped for a cool team but half of them are just there to pose for group pics.

I was fine with it until I realized that this is just a mini-series. I thought this was the beginning of an ongoing and that there will be plenty of time later for some of the characters to shine and get storylines. Now I'm annoyed that it took this long to recruit an interesting team and they aren't going to be able to do much. It just feels like another Astonishing X-Men type of deal where I got all hyped for a cool team but half of them are just there to pose for group pics.
    yeah... this is the best team I've ever seen and they're only there for a year? Not fair.
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

I think if X-Men Red wasn't just a Jean Grey solo in disguise people would have less issue with it.(I don't mind it, but I definitely get why other people do.)

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Bad editorial. It is sad.
    I suspect it just comes down to how the sausage is made. You have an artist whose second language is English interpreting the script. Perhaps Marvel uses translators, and they were sloppy that day? I'd actually be interested to know how they handle communication between writers and artists with different native languages.

After that, it would add time and extra expense to production to redo the panel, and I can easily see an editor making the call that it isn't worth it. In that position, I might make a similar call.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Yeah, it doesn't have Gambit in it as much as I'd like but I didn't really expect him to have much of a role with how big the roster is. Still love the book regardless, sad it's ending
    Yeah, that's kinda where I am with Red. I've loved the book, thought Gambit had some nice moments, but still wished for more. But I also read the title as coding a Jean Grey-focused book, and set my expectations accordingly. I like Jean, so it worked for me on that level anyway.

I hate Marvel's current trend of solo's disguised as a team book. The only reason I bought in because it at least seemed like Gambit was getting some love. Since he's not, I'm not interested in Red enough to keep buying. Besides, this iteration Jean Grey is boring.
    Success is not counted by how high you have climbed but by how many people you brought with you. – Dr Wil Rose

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

...weird. I just said the same thing on a completely different board/website. Get out of my head! My thoughts! Mine!
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Yeah not sure what people were expecting with X-men Red. It obviously was going to focus on Jean Grey as she has been dead for 14 years. I don't see this as any different than the X-men back in the 90s where the books would routinely rotate characters and where Gambit would show up for an arc or two and then be gone for several issues.

Of course, I have been flipping through the pages and only intended to pick up in trade if I felt it had enough Gambit so perhaps my expectations are tempered because of that.
    Well theyve him like two covers thus far, no? Figured he be doing more, but I can say the same thing for all the characters that got solo covers. Nothing has been character driven but I said as much when I saw how big the cast was going to be. None of these covers seem to mean anything for the whole series thus far. I think they just put an order in x amount with the artist and place them on the books. I think it's kind of lazy.

I was calling this from the start. That Gambit nor anyone else would be getting much development with a cast this size. This was just a bunch of stories to push a single personal politics filled narrative. It didn't even develope Jean. This didn't feel like any kind of Jean I've read in the past. It could have been good but it wasn't imo. Outside of Carmen's art, this was not a good book in my opinion. If Taylor spent more time on the story than on his Twitter-rant turned comic, it would have been a much better book, at least for me. Half the time, half the team is just kind of standing around talking in the background.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 10-25-2018 at 05:23 AM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...-emma-frost-1/

Remy is part of the team that Emma meets with to take down the Hellfire Club.
    Last edited by Tycon; 10-25-2018 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post

I didn't notice her mocking him, just Rogue and Kurt.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post

Thanks!
    Cool. Smth new to wait with Gambit. At least he is kicking some ass there.