Page 659 of 661 FirstFirst ... 159559609649655656657658659660661 LastLast
Results 9,871 to 9,885 of 9903

I am not going to start a new conversation about MMX, about issue that you even didn't read yet or know on how many pages Gambit is in it. Not interested in this. It is ok if you don't like it.

Please, just don't turn Gambit Appreciation into Rogue hating thread because so far this thread was dead. We tried best to bring it back.

Lets bring some positive life to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    Gambit stealing something or being a thief was a complaint by the writer in regards to the Asmus solo.
    It is true. I like KT as writer but she was a bad reviewer.

Nobody has said anything about Rogue other than the book is all about her. It's a real complaint.

Action/splash pages is not content or development. That is actually a real issue, something to talk about.

Edit: however, I have been reminded ... he is not being maligned in any way and the only thing that has changed for him is his marital status. With a few exceptions in fight scenes. I can't forgive the spear to the chest. Gambit's agility would have avoided that (lets call it a nitpick). LOL

Okay - I guess that is something.
    Last edited by Neko; 12-19-2018 at 02:31 PM.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I am not going to start a new conversation about MMX, about issue that you even didn't read yet or know on how many pages Gambit is in it. Not interested in this. It is ok if you don't like it.

Please, just don't turn Gambit Appreciation into Rogue hating thread because so far this thread was dead. We tried best to bring it back.

Lets bring some positive life to it.
    No one is asking you to. However, so far my pessimism has been correct so no need to change it now.

Also not sure how it is hating to point out the truth. If Rogue has fought for this relationship then please show me the panels and I will change my opinion. Otherwise, simply stating the truth is not hating. If the truth hurts then take it up with the writers that write Rogue as always wanting to bail anytime things get tough.

This entire relationship is currently based on Gambit wanting to be with Rogue no matter what and Rogue wanting to be with Gambit only when it is easy. She has done nothing to reassure Gambit about anything. It is always him having to reassure her. It is always about what Gambit can do to keep Rogue from bailing. Never what Rogue can do to support Gambit. But again, if I have missed panels where Rogue fights for this relationship then let me know.

The other annoying thing about this is that the mini was based around Rogue's feelings already. I thought the whole point about the mini was for Rogue to get over her baggage but here we are again with it being all about Rogue. KT went so far as to **** with Rogue's powers just so we can get Rogue whining about them again. I honestly don't know how everyone is not already tired of the same Rogue story repackaged. Her character has become redundant caught in this perpetual cycle of never being sure about who she wants to be with and/or her powers.
    Last edited by remydat; 12-19-2018 at 08:35 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    No one is asking you to. However, so far my pessimism has been correct so no need to change it now.

Also not sure how it is hating to point out the truth. If Rogue has fought for this relationship then please show me the panels and I will change my opinion. Otherwise, simply stating the truth is not hating. If the truth hurts then take it up with the writers that write Rogue as always wanting to bail anytime things get tough.

This entire relationship is currently based on Gambit wanting to be with Rogue no matter what and Rogue wanting to be with Gambit only when it is easy. She has done nothing to reassure Gambit about anything. It is always him having to reassure her. It is always about what Gambit can do to keep Rogue from bailing. Never what Rogue can do to support Gambit. But again, if I have missed panels where Rogue fights for this relationship then let me know.

The other annoying thing about this is that the mini was based around Rogue's feelings already. I thought the whole point about the mini was for Rogue to get over her baggage but here we are again with it being all about Rogue. KT went so far as to **** with Rogue's powers just so we can get Rogue whining about them again. I honestly don't know how everyone is not already tired of the same Rogue story repackaged. Her character has become redundant caught in this perpetual cycle of never being sure about who she wants to be with and/or her powers.
    Wow. I'm not gonna lie, those are some good points you made. I'm not sure how one could respond to those other than saying that Rogue actually married Gambit and Rogue actually listened to Gambit when he called her out on keeping her wedding vows. Maybe you can mention how she actually chooses to wear the power dampener now. But in my opinion those aren't good good arguments against the points you made. You're right on the money with these points especially in those last two paragraphs.

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

At first I wasn't buying into some of the criticisms around MMX being Rogue centric, however I am starting to become a bit concerned reading solicits and the various signposts along the way (KT even said the Mojoverse was Rogue centric).

For me the Thieves Guild arc should be about Gambit going to New Orleans to assert dominance and to lay a few beat downs on usurpers, not about Rogue showing how great she is and being a worthy "Queen". I have a feeling its going to be the latter though.

I'm still enjoying the series but I would like a bit more balance in there stories being told.
    L'Enfer !

Yeah I already said the Thieves Guild arc will be about Rogue. It will be about the Guild seeing her as a formidable Queen and accepting Gambit's role as King because Rogue is so great. That or Gambit will end up walking away from the Guild because of Rogue. I would love to be proven wrong but doubt I will.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

I think Gambit will leave the Thieves Guild. It probably won't be a popular outcome for Gambit-fans. But...

For me personally, I can't really see any benefit or progression for the character if say he was JUST leader of the Thieves and NOT an X-Man. He's based in New York, I can't see how he can juggle two things at once. Maybe I'll be proven wrong, I don't know. For instance, if he were to ONLY be associated with the Thieves Guild, to me, it's a demotion, a setback. For the character to truly grow, he would need to step up as an X-Man (or a Marvel Hero). What I saw on those latest X-Men: Red scans is something that Gambit should aspire to become...I'd rather see that than have him just lead an obscure organisation, in which many writers rarely acknowledge, in the 25+ years have they really done anything of significance in the X-Men lore?

In other words, I don't think it would hurt the character if he were to step down as King of the Thieves Guild. If he continues to cover both statuses as X-Man and Thief, that's great, (Wolverine represented multiple teams which worked fine) but I can see why writers neglect the Guilds at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    I think Gambit will leave the Thieves Guild. It probably won't be a popular outcome for Gambit-fans. But...

For me personally, I can't really see any benefit or progression for the character if say he was JUST leader of the Thieves and NOT an X-Man. He's based in New York, I can't see how he can juggle two things at once. Maybe I'll be proven wrong, I don't know. For instance, if he were to ONLY be associated with the Thieves Guild, to me, it's a demotion, a setback. For the character to truly grow, he would need to step up as an X-Man (or a Marvel Hero). What I saw on those latest X-Men: Red scans is something that Gambit should aspire to become...I'd rather see that than have him just lead an obscure organisation, in which many writers rarely acknowledge, in the 25+ years have they really done anything of significance in the X-Men lore?

In other words, I don't think it would hurt the character if he were to step down as King of the Thieves Guild. If he continues to cover both statuses as X-Man and Thief, that's great, (Wolverine represented multiple teams which worked fine) but I can see why writers neglect the Guilds at times.
    If Gambit will leave Guilds I will be mad and will hate this story. KT did nothing to make him as King of Thieves and didnt show him as King.

Spectacular Member

You raise a good point, but some part of me would be sad about that happening. King of the Thieves Guild makes Gambit unique and interesting. I like that it is something completely separate from Rogue. That it is something she値l have to adjust to.

You値l have to forgive me as I知 behind on my Gambit readings. But can someone explain how one becomes the king of thieves? Also is he just the leader of the thieves guild in New Orleans or are his boundaries larger. Thank you in advance.

If Gambit will leave Guilds I will be mad and will hate this story. KT did nothing to make him as King of Thieves and didnt show him as King.
    I can understand if you'd be upset about that possible outcome, a lot of Gambit-fans like the Thieves. Personally, I don't think he really needs the Guilds. Even Asmus touched upon the Guilds very late into his run if I remember. It's just personal preference IMO, their stories don't really pop for me. I guess it's a "wait-and-see" thing, but I do predict that Gambit will step down eventually, might not be KT who writes it.

Quote Originally Posted by LegoLiz View Post
    You raise a good point, but some part of me would be sad about that happening. King of the Thieves Guild makes Gambit unique and interesting. I like that it is something completely separate from Rogue. That it is something she値l have to adjust to.

You値l have to forgive me as I知 behind on my Gambit readings. But can someone explain how one becomes the king of thieves? Also is he just the leader of the thieves guild in New Orleans or are his boundaries larger. Thank you in advance.
    At the very end of Asmus' run back in 2012-13? I'll have to re-check it...

Amazing Member

I can understand if you'd be upset about that possible outcome, a lot of Gambit-fans like the Thieves. Personally, I don't think he really needs the Guilds. Even Asmus touched upon the Guilds very late into his run if I remember. It's just personal preference IMO, their stories don't really pop for me. I guess it's a "wait-and-see" thing, but I do predict that Gambit will step down eventually, might not be KT who writes it.
    I just hope there will be another subplot for him if he steps down as a king of thieves (XSE, Sinnister, whitness). The worst which can happen is for him to stand down because of Rogue.

Guilds world is making Gambit world outside of X-Men. He has his friend, villains solo stories. It is a huge part of him.

Spectacular Member

Guilds world is making Gambit world outside of X-Men. He has his friend, villains solo stories. It is a huge part of him.
    I agree. Being part of the guild has defined so much of Gambit痴 character. And him being the leader is such an interesting storyline.