Previous reviews:
part 1-15
part 16: Change
part 17: Weapon X
part 18: Spectre Crimes and Judgement

Heya guys!
In 2006 we had a big event on earth. An event where heroes battled against heroes and sides had to be chosen. But beyond earth there was a far bigger and a lot better written event going on. I'm talking of course about Annihilation.

For the few who never heard of it, it's about old FF enemy Annihilus who invades our universe with a huge galactic army. It consists of a 6 issue core mini, 5 4 issue mini's that form a sort of prologue to the main event and a 2 issue mini as an epilogue. Most of it is written by Keith Giffen though other writers like DnA (the beginning of their Nova run) also do some mini's. The art is also done by various artists but the main man is Andrea Di Vito. I'm to try to focus this review on the main mini but I'm also going to some things about the whole deal.

The event has a lot of players (which is one of its strengths). You have Nova (who gets a considerable power boost), Thanos, Annihilus, Silver Surfer, Super Skrull, Ronan the Accuser, Gamora, Drax the Destroyer, Galactus and so many more. With so many characters and so many plot threads you'd think the whole thing would be cluttered and directionless, but it definitely isn't. The core mini can be read alone but I'd advise against it because the mini's, while sometimes seeming self contained stories, set up a lot of plot threads. It's the running tgreads througout the whole event that makes it so epic imo.

When this event started many cosmic characters were in limbo or misused. Throughout this event countless old cosmic characters are revived or changed. This event set the stage for the cosmic side of Marvel to grow into the franchise it is today. If you're looking to get into the modern cosmic universe this is the place to look.

The most epic part of the event has to be the amazing battles. Not only is the art very good throughout the event, the stakes are also always extremely high. It's such an amazing read because you just have to turn the page.

This review is a bit shorter than usual and bit crappier than usual. The last few weeks were very busy but the next few weeks are luckily a bit less busy. I'm very sorry for that and I promise I'll make a better one next week(and I'll also start working on some backups).