Page 1 of 39 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Rumbler's League - Draft / Store Changes and Additions

No time like the present. Any additions, changes and suggestions for the next League can go here.

I've added most of my changes/suggestions to the Future Reference Page. Anything that gets' added here will eventually end up consolidated over there.
    Last edited by Tami; 05-01-2015 at 10:00 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade; 02-06-2015 at 08:13 AM.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Mighty Member

I'll later turn this into my summary post, but comments have been made about my current lineup that merit comment.

Daneel Olivaw has been suggested as a potential 10, under the basis of him being a superfast robot that also happens to be a high level telepath. While the Laws of Robotics are a fairly big drawback, one can generally work around them even without item modification.

At least once, the same has been said of Obsidian. If we accept his Flash feat as legit, it is probably worth discussing.

Maybe bumping Krypto up to nine?

Fornicaras has also been suggested for tenhood, because of its cloning ability, limitations notwithstanding.

The Accelerator Unit might need to be adjusted, in general.

Ditto Humanifold, which I priced thinking of its offensive properties, rather than its superspeed. It is a ten through and through.
    Last edited by Estrecca; 12-19-2014 at 05:53 PM.

Character Additions

Item Additions

Changes

From my team, personally I think Ivy/Archive should be considered for an 8.
    Last edited by Tami; 12-14-2014 at 09:05 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

CHARACTERS
    Ali (Beyond Oasis) 3
    Catsai (Amalgam) 3
    Charybdis/Cary (Irredeemable) 9
    Dusk (Marvel) 5
    Fathom (Elementals) 6
    Gabriel Ashlocke (Mutant X) 6
    Hornet (Marvel) 4
    LEGO Stan Lee (LEGO Marvel Superheroes) 4 - combines numerous hero powers, but LEGO characters are rather significantly scaled down, power-wise
    Leon (Legend of Oasis) 3
    Livewire (Valiant) 5
    Magnus, Robot Fighter (Valiant) 4
    Mink (Dragon-Half) 4
    Monolith (Elementals) 5
    Morningstar (Elementals) 4
    Prodigy (Marvel) 6
    Raiden (Mortal Kombat) 6
    Ricochet (Marvel) 4
    Sketch Turner (Comix Zone) 2
    Sparkster (Rocket Knight Adventures) 3
    Sting (Valiant) 7
    Stronghold (Valiant) 6
    Toyo Harada (Valiant) 7
    VectorMan (VectorMan) 4
    Vortex (Elementals) 5

ITEMS
    Absorption of Kryn Artifacts (Gold Digger) 7
    Bag of 5000 Dragon Teeth (Jason and the Argonauts) 4 - When planted in the gound, each tooth creates a skeleton warrior with a sword and shield, which are skilled in melee combat; they are loyal to the planter
    Big Gete Star Upgrade (Dragonball Z: Return of Cooler) 9 - gives the user a regenerating robot body with the typical DBZ powers on the level Metal-Cooler (equivalent to an upper level Super Saiyan 1)
    Bug Gas (Mars Attacks!) 4 - This Martian gas weapon has the side-effect of increasing bugs to thousands of times their regular size, creating ants the size of train engines, worms the size of towers, etc. The bugs have proportional increases in physical power as a result, retaining all their abilities.
    Clef's Blessing (Magic Knight Rayearth) 4 - grants all the spells used by the Magic Knights
    Chibification (Anime Trope) 1 - Turns the character into a chibi form of themselves. Not really sure why you'd want to, but if you have an extra point to waste, why the hell not?
    Dunked in Spring of Yeti-riding-Bull-carrying-Crane-and-Eel + Spring of Drowned Octopus (Ranma 1/2) 4 - have this replace the original "Yeti-Riding-Bull-etc." item, this was Pantyhose Taro's "enhanced" form
    Flame of Py'Tar (DCAU) 7
    Fusion of the Twenty Legendary Warrior Spirits (Digimon Frontier) 9 - Transforms the user into Susanoomon
    Golden Armlet (Oasis) 2 - ability to summon elemental spirits
    Golden Kanohi Mask (Bionicle) 5
    Hamon/Ripple Training (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Parts I and II) 6
    Soldier Training Montage (Team America) 3
    Stone Mask (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure) 4
    Super Saiyan Wish (Dragonball Online) 8 - grants a human the power to become a Super Saiyan (equivalent to full strength SS1)
    Super Serum (All-Star Superman) 10
    Swarm of Bugs of Choice (Real World) 3 - 5000 units
    Water from Tuck Spring (Tuck Everlasting) 6 - grants immortality, agelessness, and renders the person indestructible, however, actual feats are low
    Yarn Form Curse (Kirby's Epic Yarn) 3 - have this replace the "Metamato" item, as it's a more accurate link and description of the desired effect

ORIGINAL ITEMS
    Super LEGOfication (OI/LEGO game series) 5
    Description - grants the combined powers of all playable characters found in all LEGO licensed property video games; this includes DC, Marvel, Star Wars, Harry Potter, Indiana Jones, the LEGO Movie, Pirates of the Caribbean, Lord of the Rings, and the Hobbit; however, these powers are scaled to LEGO sizes, and the character using this item becomes a living LEGO mini-figure themselves
    Last edited by Duskman; 02-19-2015 at 05:19 PM.

Spectacular Member

The first set of adds is just going to be a bunch of creatures/characters/items from the animated show Gravity Falls, which isn't represented at all in

CHARACTERS
    Swamp Thing (Nu-52) 9-10

The Shape Shifter (Gravity Falls) 4-6 (depending on how dangerous you deem the DNA changing abilities)
    Could completely shift his DNA to that of beings he had seen, but needs to know/see about said creature before he could so. There were very few limitations on this however, it's mass wasn't definite like Mystique and could even turn into things like fire. It was also extremely weak to ice.

Summerween Trickster (Gravity Falls) 4-5
    Supernatural being made out of discarded candy, had pretty nice agility/strength, and the advantage of not being one solid being A La Sandman/Hydroman, albeit made with candy (although it's specifically the kind that no one ever wants on Halloween. Also had some vague supernatural abilities, but nothing too powerful.

ITEMS
    Flashlight w/ Size Altering Crystal attached (Gravity Falls) 4
    Was able to change the size of anything within it's light ( but only it's light), depending on which side of the crystal was facing the light. Longer Exposure = More significant change.

Ingestion of Percepshrooms ( Gravity Falls) 3
    After ingestion, allowed a normal pig to be sentient and make pretty useful inventions. A pretty significant addition to intelligence for anyone with the ability to eat it. Basing the price of the leader powerset, since that's intelligence + telepathy/telekinesis, and this is just intelligence.

Coated in Universal Solvent (Disney) 6
    Any solid matter that touches whatever's coated by the solvent gets destroyed. The only thing proven to not be affected are diamonds and specifically diamonds only. Was able to absorb things like acid and gas as well
    Last edited by Bobisbeast; 01-25-2015 at 09:01 PM.

Original Items

Super Skrull Power Engineering: Academy X Set (Hellion, Rockslide, Surge, X-23) 8
    Super Skrull Power Engineering: Hellions Set (Firestar, Warpath, Roulette, Empath) 8
    Super Skrull Power Engineering: Original X-Men Set (Jean Grey (no Phoenix), Cyclops, Beast, Iceman, Archangel) 9
    Super Skrull Power Engineering: Winter Guard Set (Darkstar, Vanguard, Ursa Major, Fantasia) 8
    Super Skrull Power Engineering: X-Force Set 2(Psylocke, Wolverine, Archangel, Fantomex) 9

Symbols of Pesedjet Set
    Isis, Bastet, Thot, Hathor
    Horus
    Set
    Khonsu
    Sobek
    Anubis
    Ptah
    Osiris

Price Changes
    Kymellian Power Blessing: Gravity - up to 3, since it's currently limited by direct line of sight and does not require the touch. It's a bargain buy at 2.

Items
    Engineer's Nanoblood Transfusion (Authority) 8
    Fuaran Exposure (Night Watch Series)(4-8 depending on the number of exposures (4-1; 5-2; 6-3; 7-4; 8-5)): Gives the user the power of the Others of the Night Watch series (4- Book 1 Gorodetsky level; 8- Geser Level). Dark/Light path of initiation is determined by character alignment at the time of exposure for League's purposes.
    Disadvantage - character becomes emotional energy vampire and at highest level of exposure can't survive away from sentient populations for too long.
    Kev's Revolver (Authority: Kev) 8
    Transfer of Powers of Doctor (Authority) 10 (with the limitations like no access to ancestral memories and even more impaired TP defense)

Characters
    Danger (Marvel) 9
    Nadya Gorodetskaya (Night Watch Series) 8
    Svetlana Gorodetskaya (Night Watch series) 7
    Zinda Blake (DC) 1
    Last edited by Charlotte DeBel; 02-16-2015 at 09:38 AM.

Duskman, which book level Anton? If Night Watch he's fine as 5 or even 4 (given the Others' limitations (spoiler for Book 3, but I don't know whether there's good English translation of it), but by the Book 6 of series he's power creeped into Geser level raw-power-wise (and less noob as well because there is like 17 years between book 1 and book 6).

Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte DeBel View Post
    Duskman, which book level Anton? If Night Watch he's fine as 5 or even 4 (given the Others' limitations (spoiler for Book 3, but I don't know whether there's good English translation of it), but by the Book 6 of series he's power creeped into Geser level raw-power-wise (and less noob as well because there is like 17 years between book 1 and book 6).
    End of series Anton, of course.

Thing is, Night Watch is pretty **** for feats. A lot of high-end stuff implied and talked about, but in the end, Anton didn't actually do a whole lot, even when heavily hopped up on energy.

Then 5 is a hell of a cheap buy, considering mind transfers etc. 6 is maybe more adequate. Anton does have a ton of a raw power, but skillwise is relegated to watching his boss, wife and recently daughter do stuff.
    How about his daughter Nadya as 8 (the Ultimate Other)?

Svetlana Gorodetskaya for 7 (because unlike her hubby she does stuff and has good feats like against Arina in Twilight Watch). I'll add her to the post later (and in fact I'm going to use her next League, maybe).

Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte DeBel View Post
    Then 5 is a hell of a cheap buy, considering mind transfers etc. 6 is maybe more adequate. Anton does have a ton of a raw power, but skillwise is relegated to watching his boss, wife and recently daughter do stuff.
    How about his daughter Nadya as 8 (the Ultimate Other)?
    I suppose 6 is alright for Anton. Thinking on it, the ability to step into the Gloom and get increasing speed boosts from it (however minor) is itself a pretty gnarly power.

Not sure where to rank the others, really. If you want to add them to your list, feel free.

EDIT: I just realized what you wrote and noticed you said there was 6 Books. I thought the series ended at Book 4 (Final Watch). But I see there's been more. So, Anton probably has more feats I wasn't aware of. I'll defer to your judgement on that, then.
    Last edited by Duskman; 12-15-2014 at 01:35 PM.

Inquisitor - Knight-Enchanter Mage (Dragon Age: Inquisition) 8

But for the power-up/class choice. The Knight-Enchanter is the most powerful of the sub-classes for the Mage Subclass. Allowing the Mage to do things like become invulnerable for two seconds, and should they be capable of rematerialising inside of an enemy doing massive damage to the person while at the same time throwing them a short distance. In addition, you have a magical sword that does bonus damage to Demons and you also receive a shield on hit (for any attack), that reflects a portion of the damage received by a small percentage, while rendering you unharmed to the shield itself, the shield also receives more health the more damage you deal period. You also receive a 50% speed reduction spell that can be cast.

Only think this one deserves an 8 because the Inquisitor (Mage) isn't the most durable otherwise and doesn't have anything beyond human reflexes/speed, and would require another high-priced item (or several small ones), to be of much benefit otherwise unless you built your team around defending this single character. But they're pretty potent if given the chance.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Duskman View Post
    I suppose 6 is alright for Anton. Thinking on it, the ability to step into the Gloom and get increasing speed boosts from it (however minor) is itself a pretty gnarly power.

Not sure where to rank the others, really. If you want to add them to your list, feel free.

EDIT: I just realized what you wrote and noticed you said there was 6 Books. I thought the series ended at Book 4 (Final Watch). But I see there's been more. So, Anton probably has more feats I wasn't aware of. I'll defer to your judgement on that, then.
    Night Watch/Day Watch/Twilight Watch/Final Watch/New Watch/Sixth Watch (the 6th one is released this autumn, Lukyanenko degraded to nWoD references, though he confessed he referenced Butcher - but the retcon of vampires is very... nWoD'ish).
    Probably the last two are not translated into English.

Final Watch has some spoilers on TV Tropes. Anton is still a mediocre fighter, but it is confirmed that he retained the knowledge of high level spells taught to him in the end of Twilight Watch.
    How effective those spells are on non-Others, it's questionable, and the one used in the book proper is "double BFR" spell (Anton escaped being entombed in Gloom/Twilight forever due to the intervention of almost literal Plot God - personification of Gloom. In Sixth Watch his opponent is removed from Twilight tomb as well.
    Last edited by Charlotte DeBel; 12-16-2014 at 06:43 AM.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ure/NightWatch
    This list includes only five books - The Sixth Watch got released only yesterday, though the Part 1 of the book was previewed on author's blog as early as August, thus I included feats from it in my justification for Anton being 6 (he gets at least into one big fight in this Part 1 though his wife still ends up doing more impressive stuff (not to say about the daughter)). I'll try to get my hands on the entire book ASAP.