Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Normal transporter clone is a Clone unlike the Tiger as there's no 'good/bad' and starts already done. I always thought the Talisman had to be broken in-match. At 10 there should be no question of 'Can Transporter make Magic/BLANK things?' either so Thor-Clone has working Mjolnir.

I missed the Twin Curse though, and I was basing it on the 'Blank Replicant' item price. Do the Curses start activated and is there any personality shift for the Twin? I should remember that but I can't .
    Talisman has 1 feat of creating multiple pairs of clones when used remotely. Breaking in-match is a go when you plan to use it on self. And since top number of clones created by the thing simultaneously was 5 or so it figured in my justification of 8 price.

Estrecca shall have a scan of screenshot from older Wiki.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

At 10 there should be no question of 'Can Transporter make Magic/BLANK things?' either so Thor-Clone has working Mjolnir.
    Except transporters were really bad at exotic metals and chemicals in the show ANYWAY, much less actual magic crap.

But even so, Tiger Talisman and Twin curse also duplicated items, so yeah. I think a Trek-porter clone should be the three. Especially as the one time they did it, it wasn't even one of the crewmen with superpowers like Troi or something. SO... no feats.

I missed the Twin Curse though, and I was basing it on the 'Blank Replicant' item price. Do the Curses start activated and is there any personality shift for the Twin? I should remember that but I can't .
    No, I don't think it starts activated, but when it was used on me it was said they explicitly had all the powers of the other twin.

EDIT: and Cold water is cheap.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

A question about the Blank replicant item.

Can you choose Anyone in the League or just those on your team or not drafted.

Say I was thinking about using my 10 and bought the Blank slate to make a copy if Munch's Mega Man would I get him and his items?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte DeBel View Post
    I'll find the scan. It was in Secret Invasion: Inhumans No.2.
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_iPliLYHc76...ag.+Int.+2.jpg
    I was only able to find the scan of this particular Superskrull (Emma+Jean for double TP + Medusa thrown in for looks "comfortable for Inhumans") getting hit in the face. I have no scan of actual comic at the moment.
    Thats good enough. I didn't need scans for them, I was just unaware of the stacking as I know I have missed some Skrull appearances over the years. That is pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Except transporters were really bad at exotic metals and chemicals in the show ANYWAY, much less actual magic crap.

But even so, Tiger Talisman and Twin curse also duplicated items, so yeah. I think a Trek-porter clone should be the three. Especially as the one time they did it, it wasn't even one of the crewmen with superpowers like Troi or something. SO... no feats.
    Transporters have beamed around Troi, her Mom, Sisko, the Girl-Q, and other aliens with powers before. They've also beamed bizarre stuff like the Vulcan Artifact in TNG that let you kill anyone with violent thoughts/anger and any number of strange metals/objects they didn't know about into cargo bays and containment fields to study. Unless you are saying the planet they beamed Ryker from nulls every other feat the Transporter has, I think it's still highly useful. If the price needs to be changed that's ok, but don't try to cut it down that much. Besides, as Estrecca said before it can be mandated as an OI that it does clone and duplicate everything because I said so (As the guy who made it up).

Now there are things it's harder to replicate out of nothing than to mine/gather itself for whatever reason (Too much energy to make, replication is unstable, etc), but those things are also beamed from place to place fine and weren't created by the treknobabble that made Tom Riker. Also: Replicators can't make living creatures - Transporters do all the time.

No, I don't think it starts activated, but when it was used on me it was said they explicitly had all the powers of the other twin.

EDIT: and Cold water is cheap.
    If the twin had Ki & Skills of whoever, I wouldn't object as it's MAGIC~!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte DeBel View Post
    Talisman has 1 feat of creating multiple pairs of clones when used remotely. Breaking in-match is a go when you plan to use it on self. And since top number of clones created by the thing simultaneously was 5 or so it figured in my justification of 8 price.
    I meant the Tiger Talisman, and when did it make more than one set of dupes?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post
    A question about the Blank replicant item.

Can you choose Anyone in the League or just those on your team or not drafted.

Say I was thinking about using my 10 and bought the Blank slate to make a copy if Munch's Mega Man would I get him and his items?
    The Blanks require DNA to copy things if I remember right, and I don't recall it duplicating items or changes from the original as scars/tatoos/etc aren't duped.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Transporters have beamed around Troi, her Mom, Sisko, the Girl-Q, and other aliens with powers before.
    Yeah, but they never CLONED them with it.

You want to claim they could mass-produce Qs using transporter patterns from Amanda Rogers, people are going to want some serious feats.

They've also beamed bizarre stuff like the Vulcan Artifact in TNG that let you kill anyone with violent thoughts/anger and any number of strange metals/objects they didn't know about into cargo bays and containment fields to study.
    I thought they used the transporter to blow that one up.

EDIT: No, that was the Star goes Nova thingie.

Unless you are saying the planet they beamed Ryker from nulls every other feat the Transporter has, I think it's still highly useful.
    I'm not saying it negates it, so much as it has never had to deal with cloning Thor and Mjoliner or something. I'm just saying the feats aren't there for it to be a supers cloner.

If the twin had Ki & Skills of whoever, I wouldn't object as it's MAGIC~!
    Well yeah. that's why I'm surprised someone put it on as a 3.

At 7 it was scary enough.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Yeah, but they never CLONED them with it.

You want to claim they could mass-produce Qs using transporter patterns from Amanda Rogers, people are going to want some serious feats.
    As those have likely been purged if they weren't lost when that enterprise blew up, and at no other time have they ever mass produced people with transporters, you know that's not what I'm claiming.

I thought they used the transporter to blow that one up.

EDIT: No, that was the Star goes Nova thingie.
    Yeah, using the transporter for destroying something rather than it being an accident or anything else.

I'm not saying it negates it, so much as it has never had to deal with cloning Thor and Mjoliner or something. I'm just saying the feats aren't there for it to be a supers cloner.
    Well, I'm saying as the creator of the OI that 'It duplicates everything, magic or not'. It's not something that's being used or come up yet so there should be no issue, and though I haven't watched Animated Trek in a long time I think they beamed those magic folk at least once.

Oh, the Tiger Talisman didn't duplicate that Oni Mask so it should have problems duplicating items of Magic origin at least.

Well yeah. that's why I'm surprised someone put it on as a 3.

At 7 it was scary enough.
    Well, does it have feats of duplicating anything other than standard stuff? If not it's not AS scary at a 7.

I meant the Tiger Talisman, and when did it make more than one set of dupes?
    I'm talking about it.
    The usual method to trigger the duplication is to crack the tiger talisman in half, but there was at least one instance in which the talisman projected an energy beam to trigger the yin/yang split from range on somebody besides the talisman wielder (JCA 4x4 Black Magic).The talisman has been used to sustain more than one pair of clones at a time (JCA 2x23 The Return Of The Pussycat).
    http://rumblers-league.wikidot.com/z...mans-of-shendu
    But it doesn't clone artifacts, but rather distributes them between clones based on their alignment.

Mighty Member

Relevant scan concerning the Tiger Talisman's ranged duplication.

Did you save "creating multiple duplicates" scan as well?

Alright. I gave a try at creating some Original Items. I am dissapointed at the lack of Power Ranger like team builds and took a stab at making some Morpher Sets of my own. Plus a Darkforce power up styled after Black Bolt as the Darkforce Cloak in the store is to vague to try and get full Darkforce control out of it. I am open to suggestions.

Also made a note in Alpha Flight Original Set and Thor/BRB price changes that can extend to other characters with high powers but no usable speed.

Mighty Member

As a quick note, anyone thinks that timestoppers should be high value -in some cases perhaps 10-?

Quote Originally Posted by Estrecca View Post
    As a quick note, anyone thinks that timestoppers should be high value -in some cases perhaps 10-?
    That really depends on how badass their stoppery is. Folks like Clockblocker from Worm and D&D Time Stop users cannot harm the things they stop or cannot stop more than one thing at a time as restrictions. Others are unable to bring allies into the stopped time or various other minor restrictions, with few being capable of freezing everything but what they want to move while being free to butcher their opponents.

Unless there's a speed cap put in that makes Time Stops gamebreakers without the ability to be faster than them I think they aren't too underpriced though.