Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Note to self: Sailor Moon villains, such as Metalia, merit some thought.

Mighty Member

Also, nominating the Wand of Watoomb, The (Marvel) 8 for tenhood.

Quote Originally Posted by Estrecca View Post
    Also, nominating the Wand of Watoomb, The (Marvel) 8 for tenhood.
    I thought that since it was so fragile a ten might be to high. Maybe a 9?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I thought that since it was so fragile a ten might be to high. Maybe a 9?
    My opinion as well. A 10 item that REQUIRES ACME fusion/Devil Bringer (iffy on this one as a generic artifact absorber but shall work for the Wand in spirit)/Humanifold treatment to buy to be practical... is too unwieldy. Look at the ongoing tournament - it was not drafted at all for those very reason (the only ones with possibility to reasonably grab it are MIA Holacik and Estrecca).
    9-hood is more practical for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte DeBel View Post
    My opinion as well. A 10 item that REQUIRES ACME fusion/Devil Bringer (iffy on this one as a generic artifact absorber but shall work for the Wand in spirit)/Humanifold treatment to buy to be practical... is too unwieldy. Look at the ongoing tournament - it was not drafted at all for those very reason (the only ones with possibility to reasonably grab it are MIA Holacik and Estrecca).
    9-hood is more practical for it.
    I'm more willing to trust Estrecca on this, but I see your point.

BTW Humanifold Treatment should be kept only if it's speed is thrown out, as Wally Speeds are far too fast for the League's existing limits.

Spectacular Member

In regards to the Wand, there's actually a Final Fantasy ability called Safeguard that prevents both theft of items and damage to items, that a few of the Final Fantasy Job items gives access to, not that it refutes the whole needing to buy another item to make it useful, but there are a few other options than just those two items.

Also I do feel that Scion should be removed from the list, obviously he's not super unbeatable, but I feel that the nature of his existence just doesn't mesh well with how the League functions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobisbeast View Post
    In regards to the Wand, there's actually a Final Fantasy ability called Safeguard that prevents both theft of items and damage to items, that a few of the Final Fantasy Job items gives access to, not that it refutes the whole needing to buy another item to make it useful, but there are a few other options than just those two items.

Also I do feel that Scion should be removed from the list, obviously he's not super unbeatable, but I feel that the nature of his existence just doesn't mesh well with how the League functions.
    I agree about Scion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I agree about Scion.
    Seconded to that.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bobisbeast View Post
    In regards to the Wand, there's actually a Final Fantasy ability called Safeguard that prevents both theft of items and damage to items, that a few of the Final Fantasy Job items gives access to,
    One Job. Chemist.

At least in the standard tactics. I'm a little less up on A2.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Mighty Member

A thought.

Since the notion of getting rid of the Mobius Chair seems to have a fair amount of traction, can we add a Fatherbox, so that evil characters have a valid alternative to the Motherbox that doesn't scream OOC?

A thought.

Since the notion of getting rid of the Mobius Chair seems to have a fair amount of traction, can we add a Fatherbox, so that evil characters have a valid alternative to the Motherbox that doesn't scream OOC?
    Don't see why not.

A thought.

How do it's feats stack up to a Motherbox, or do we just handwave 'Evil Motherbox' for it?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    How do it's feats stack up to a Motherbox, or do we just handwave 'Evil Motherbox' for it?
    Fatherbox as the Apokoliptian equivalent of Motherboxes is a 21st century development with older feats showing evil New Gods using plain ol' Motherboxes.

So, I guess that Evil Motherbox with different soundtrack handwave would be in order, unless something solid can be found to contradict the assumption.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Alrighty, time to introduce a fun new series to the Rumblers League with a couple of proposed items to the store. We're going to take a quick look at 666 Satan, otherwise known as O-Parts Hunter in the West.

In the series, there are supernatural beings that form sentient parts of opposing components for an ancient superweapon known as the Kabbalah. There are 10 of each, one set of Angels, one set of Demons. These beings can be extracted into "nuclei" and implanted into normal humans to give them varying superpowers. There's a surprising amount of versatility on the table here so I think they could be fun.

As a note, I will not be documenting all ten of each side since some of them are only ever mentioned and have no feats, I'll be covering the ones that do have feats that make them usable. Angelic Nuclei are numbered 1 - 10, Demonic Nuclei are numbers 1i - 10i.

- Angelic Nucleus 1: Metatron: 6

Reputedly the most powerful of the angels, Metatron grants the following abilities to the host.

- Brick strength/durability boost to somewhere in the region of Class 60.
    - Speed boost to low multimach level speedster.
    - The ability to block regeneration from attacks they inflict by leaving "light" lingering in the wounds.
    - The ability to transform into Metatron's true form, a humanoid figure in armour wreathed in flames.
    - A perfect soul - as in any attacks that focus or amplify negative emotions or hatred just do not function on angels.

In Metatron's true form, the user gains access to extra firepower. Metatron can manifest 365,000 Burning Eyes and fire a barrage of laser blasts that can obliterate a super durable construct the size of a city block.

- Angelic Nucleus 4: Zadkiel: 5

While Zadkiel, like all angels, has a true form - we never see it so all feats are for the half-transformation.

- Multimach speed boost.
    - Minor strength and durability boost, looks like around Class 30.
    - Perfect soul, as noted above.
    - Sacrificial life. This ability means Zadkiel, and any allies who are close by and he can see them, will not take damage from potentially fatal attacks. When the attack hits, they will be instantaneously swapped out with a temporary clone of Zadkiel who will die in their place. The only catch is that this doesn't stop the target from feeling the pain of their fatal injury. This appears to be based around Zadkiel's thoughtspeed reaction so fast attacks should still work.

- Angelic Nucleus 5: Samael: 7

Samael grants the following abilities.

- Perfect Soul
    - Multimach speed boost
    - Class 60ish strength and durability
    - High end regeneration, unless his nucleus is hit directly.
    - Telepathy. Samael can effortlessly read minds and uses this to have combat pre-cog. However, it lacks the raw power or finesse of some of the higher end TP characters and can be fooled by doing weird **** to your own mind.
    - Guns with enhanced firepower. Samael manifests a pair of handguns whose bullets explode like heavy duty hand grenades and punch through all but the hardest substances. Even if blocked, they still can send class 60 level strength people flying so fast they break the sound barrier.
    - The Twelve Watchers: Twelve triangular prisms that Samael can move and redirect with his mind. These prisms can shoot black lightning between each other which slices through stone like cheese and instantly kills class 60 bricks. If formed into their "12th Cross" configuration, they can launch an omni-directional energy wave that can obliterate large temples.

Samael also has a true form. Samael's true form is a gigantic snake made of angular shapes with a crown of energy feathers. In this form he is much stronger, more durable and his firepower gets on the level where it can it can punch through not only superdurable rock but also the body of a gigantic demon containing said temples and superdurable rock.

Angelic Nucleus 6: Michael: 7

Michael gets you the following abilities:

- Perfect soul
    - Multimach speed boost, arguably higher actually since he has one of the best speed feats in the series - legit dodging a column of lightning after it had been launched at him. But since he didn't seem to demonstrate the godlike speed advantage that this level should have afforded him, I'll stick him with multimach like everyone else.
    - Class 60 strength and durability
    - Super breath that can hurl objects across a large chunk of a city
    - Regeneration.
    - Judgement Shisou: Michael can trap two opponent in a giant scale made of energy. Their souls are then weighed against one another, whichever has experienced more hatred, sadness and negative emotions will cease to exist. If they balance then no one dies.

Michael's true form is an orb the size of a city block. In this form he gains the ability of a transmutation field which restores any unnatural substance to it's natural components. So, for example, concrete is reduced to cement, sand, naturally occurring rock and water, the cement is then reduced to it's component minerals. Anything or anyone that goes within ten metres of Michael's true form would be reduced to their component substances and thus killed.

Angelic Nucleus 10: Sandalphon: 2

Real talk? Sandalphon kinda sucks. Due to an amazing lack of feats she basically has like... no evidence of the regular boosts that all other Angels seem to have. I know the wiki link above might say she has enhanced strength but there is scratch zero evidence of that in the series.

- Perfect soul.
    - Size changing. Sandalphon can alter the size of anything she touches and herself.
    - Low level matter manipulation: She altered the appearance and functions of a spaceship while touching it. I don't know, Sandalphon sucks and has no feats of any import despite having a ton of screentime.

I'll do the demons a bit later on since I gotta do work now.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 01-25-2015 at 08:28 PM.

I'll post the feats for the gun I've referred to in my debate, and you say how you'll rate it. It's a "one scene wonder" but it downs a pretty potent superteam. A guaranteed "bypass the durability of Diet Coke Superman and works on cyborgs/Wolverine-tier regenerators" feat at the very least.
    That's the only appearance of the thingy IIRC. But that seems to be everything SoK guns being hyped as minus homing stuff as all the shots are delivered from very close range.