Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    Zero Year was 2007 and the JL formed in 2008 (deduced by editorial time-tags) - 2015 will be Year 8. Makes sense because he returned to Gotham at 25 and in this preview he says he's 32
    So Batman was in Year Two around the time the Justice League formed and we're currently in Year 7. Cool .

Endgame has been pretty great so far, in my opinion, and this preview definitely has me excited for what the rest of the arc has in store. The sheer number of antidotes that Batman's had to develop for Joker Toxin is pretty impressive, both for the quantity and that Joker's been able to develop so many new strains of it .

And Jim! Great to see him out of prison and still working with Batman, though I wonder if he's Commissioner again? #34 implied he still was in prison, but an officer in the recent Batgirl referred to Barbara as the commissioner's daughter so maybe he's been reinstated after Eternal once the truth was revealed and Bard's presumably been canned/arrested?

So, yeah. This issue.

spoilers:
    Jim's stuff? Hella creepy. Maybe I'm alone here, but there's something really unnerving to me about someone hiding inconspicuously in the background of a picture.
    end of spoilers

The elaborate arts and crafts projects that Joker must go through to make all these death traps and psychedelic scenarios for the benefit of Batman and Gordon had me rolling my eyes, but Snyder is really good at ratcheting up the tension.

This is probably one of the scariest issue I've read all year, especially the part with the pictures and bed.....

All-New Member

You put two in his head and done. Lots of tension, but who is Gordon trying to reason with here. End it.

Pretty well paced comic if I do say so myself. I reviewed it here if anyone is interested.

So... spoilers:
    does this mean Joker either lives forever, or is part of some kind of cult of clowns that have been around for ages?
    end of spoilers

Interesting if it's true, total revamp of the Joker character.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Fantastic Member

I really, really hope this doesn't turn out to be a giant waste of time. I like these twists, I think the real nature of the Joker suggested here makes his modern version work much better, ending the whole "why doesn't anyone kill the Joker already!?" complaint, but I could see it all being fear gas or plain montages and traps in the end, which would be really disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    Pretty well paced comic if I do say so myself. I reviewed it here if anyone is interested.

So... spoilers:
    does this mean Joker either lives forever, or is part of some kind of cult of clowns that have been around for ages?
    end of spoilers

Could be that he was just messing with Jim. We'll see I guess. Was a good issue, the ending was really chilling (no pun intended lol).

Quote Originally Posted by bat1987 View Post
    Could be that he was just messing with Jim. We'll see I guess. Was a good issue, the ending was really chilling (no pun intended lol).
    You know it never dawned on me if maybe the pictures were faked...seems like a cheap move if that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post

So... spoilers:
    end of spoilers

I just read your review and it was excellent!! Pretty spot-on in fact. I find it interesting that Batman and Justice League both have virus related storylines going on at the same time. Have you reviewed this week's Justice League yet? In my opinion it was pretty damn good!! I'm really loving Fabok's art!!

Quote Originally Posted by JLAFan4Life View Post
    I just read your review and it was excellent!! Pretty spot-on in fact. I find it interesting that Batman and Justice League both have virus related storylines going on at the same time. Have you reviewed this week's Justice League yet? In my opinion it was pretty damn good!! I'm really loving Fabok's art!!
    Thanks! Glad you liked it. I haven't read it yet but will.

I definitely think the virus stories are hitting due to a growing fear of it in the real world.

Always Rakzo

Decent issue if you're interested in the overblown Joker.

Not for me though.

All I can think about is Damian and Dick seeing each other again and oh god there are so many tears..

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    The elaborate arts and crafts projects that Joker must go through to make all these death traps and psychedelic scenarios for the benefit of Batman and Gordon had me rolling my eyes, but Snyder is really good at ratcheting up the tension.
    Sitting around learning Photoshop is exactly the type of insanity I expect from the Joker haha