Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

I think that some Jonny Quest Adventures would be a good fit for DC Comics. The Space Ghost is also a good option, I loved his guest appareance in Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Fantastic Member

About two years ago (at Comic-Con International), I once personally gave an idea to Art Baltazar in doing a DC/Hanna-Barbera crossover featuring the TINY TITANS and THE JETSONS. Art said he would love to do that.

Fantastic Member

It would be great as a ongoing (or mini-series) under the title THE UNTOLD CASES OF HARVEY BIRDMAN: ATTORNEY AT LAW. Of course, it will be under DC's VERTIGO imprint since this is one of CN's ADULT SWIM series.

BANNED

Space Ghost Absolutely.
    Preferably minus the kids & monkey

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by evangelionofasgard View Post
    Space Ghost Absolutely.
    Preferably minus the kids & monkey.
    But people love monkies.

Anywho, all this talk about Space Ghost and the Herculoids being included in the DCU, I can't help but think of my first contact with the characters on the old NBC Saturday morning cartoon series, Space Stars. Which along with Space Ghost and the Herculoids featured Space Mutts ,and Teen Force. The latter had a recurring foe, a space tyrant named Uglor. A scary, at least to me when I was six years old, villain that the Space Stars would occasionally have to team up to stop the villain. Who on one episode, had several beings from Olympian Myth working for him. I could see Geoff Johns including him to the DCU ,and making a rival to such characters as Darkseid, Sinestro, Brainiac, or Starro(the R.E.B.E.L.S. version).
    2776558851_12380ecc6d.jpg

HB verse definitely needs it's own universe.
    Although I'd somewhat separate the more anthropomorphic animals from the humans.
    Except for the occasional laff-a-lympics type
    x/overs.

As per the new thread, You could definitely add the Zoo Crew verse and the Just'a Lotta Animals to this competition.

So sad DC is just sitting on these properties without developing them.
    Last edited by Güicho; 03-08-2018 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

I think fans have done more to keep these in the public eye, than the company who owns them.

Part mythology, epic fantasy, part sci-fi space opera, part giant monster creature feature / prehistoric lost world, all wrapped in a family drama, probably the coolest genre mash in cartoons.

All designed by Alex Toth no less.
    In the end it's so much it's own thing, DC probably doesn't even know how to approach it.
    Make this one happen.

Fantastic Member

We might expect to see a Laff-A-Lympics epic in DC's SCOOBY-DOO TEAM-UP (For 2016 to coincide with the Summer Olympics), if both Sholly Fisch and Scott Jeralds are interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    HB verse definitely needs it's own universe.
    Although I'd somewhat separate the more anthropomorphic animals from the humans.
    Except for the occasional laff-a-lympics type
    x/overs.

As per the new thread, You could definitely add the Zoo Crew verse and the Just'a Lotta Animals to this competition.

So sad DC is just sitting on these properties without developing them.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Would a HB universe include the Super-Friends? Because if the answer is yes, then sign me up!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Would a HB universe include the Super-Friends? Because if the answer is yes, then sign me up!
    Yes!

Well , definitely 7 the Hanna Barbera created Super-Friends! ;P
    Apache, Dorado, Vulcan, Samurai, Zan, Jayna & Gleek.

Not sure if Rima counts, since she wasn't an HB creation.

Plus all the HB World of Super Adventure Heroes (minus F4 who were licensed from Marvel) + Space Stars which added Teen Force.

& Johnny Quest!
    Last edited by Güicho; 03-08-2018 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dcfanpal View Post
    We might expect to see a Laff-A-Lympics epic in DC's SCOOBY-DOO TEAM-UP (For 2016 to coincide with the Summer Olympics), if both Sholly Fisch and Scott Jeralds are interested.
    Would be great!
    Laff-A-Lympics was pretty much HB's version of a multiverse x/over event, their "Crisis" was just more a sports event. LOL!

In the SCOOBY-DOO TEAM-UP comic , besides Scooby meets Batman, What HB x/overs have they done so far?
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-11-2015 at 01:06 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    With DC COMICS neglecting Hanna Barbera characters, why not just give them to IDW and Boom Studios as they can take better care of those characters than DC Comics ever could.
    even though they're owned by WB I would assume a different publisher could license them for publishing??
    Someone would have to talk to an EIC or publisher of one of those companies

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I think even some the 90s Hanna Barnera characters could work. I would love to see the Swat Kats team with the Blackhawks. Dexter could be DC's Amadeus Cho.