Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    which is why i can't understand the fans that cry and want everything to stay the same despite the problems that have happened due to things staying the same for so long....these nostalgic old fans are clinging onto the past for dear life and don't want to let go some even think that the mark waid relaunch will scare away too many customers and get less sales than the traditional archie books....

do they want archie comics to go out of business?! it seems like they just want archie to remain this stupid outdated comic book with the happiest town on earth and designs straight out of the 50's....

i feel like arguing with the old fans isn't worth it because they are sure Mark Waid's gonna spell the end of archie comics
    The fans (or at least this one) isn't thrilled with this because I'm a fan of the existing style and tone of the Archie comics (which I only just got into). I would guess most existing fans like Archie the way it is or they wouldn't be buying it. So I think its fair that such folks (the only existing fans) feel a little alienated by this. But if the existing style and tone don't bring in sufficient sales to keep the comic going, then of course I think most folks understand they need to try something new. My personal preference would have been for them to keep publishing Archie in the existing style and have the Waid/Staples be a new book altogether. Of course, they tried something like that a few years ago and it didn't work. If I recall, the art wasn't very attractive so perhaps it's not surprising.

I sort of think this is all a stunt to get them past issue 666 without having to have an issue 666. Or at least that's how they'll spin it if it fails and they need to revert to the classic style and numbering.

Quote Originally Posted by TOXIC View Post
    Congratulations to this company for alienating a fanbase for the sake of trying to be cool like a comic book.
    Archie's been trying to be "cool" for decades. So far, they've tried rock bands, superheroes, secret agents, adult-themed soap-operas, magic, zombies, the Ninja Turtles, Sonic, Mega Man, even the freakin' Punisher. They'll try pretty much any pop-culture fad they can think of.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

All-New Member

I was thinking somewhat the same thing Myetche,

Although trying to be 'cool' would not be how I put it. I think being hip...wait, I might be showing my age...lol. Oh, and you missed Caveman Archie and Future Archie and Time travel
    Jughead.

I understand that the majority of the people on line here have probably not read many ( if ANY) Archie Comics, so a 're-launch is interesting, especially when
    some big names are involved.

Of course, there have NEVER been any 'big names' before, I mean after all it is not like Neal Adams got his start doing Archie, or Jack Kirby never did any Superhero
    comics for Archie. Wait they did.

Reboot remake redo... The last remake had the group looking 'human'. It didn't help.

The stories have always been satire ( how many people know that one of Lodges biggest investments was with the Beverly Hillbillies?) , mostly funny and sometimes sad
    (The run away child, and the Lonesome Betty stories come to mind) of course, there has been both 'devilish' issues ( Betty and Veronica have both 'sold their soul to the devil--
    Veronica TWICE), and then there are the ones on the opposite side the Christian Comics... hey, want some great looking art, look at Al Hartley, after his Marvel stint he
    became 'the' Archie artist.

Ever hear of Archie at Riverdale High? They had some good stores that did not have to do with the 'love triangle' ( and with that they did
    a story arc called "love showdown, where Archie chose his 'perfect mate' -- Cheryl Blossom.). In these stories you might find Archie and the gang
    battling robbers, being chased by animals, being trapped in a fire, and many other type of stories.

True, they would not have all the 'wordage' that a traditional Marvel Comic might, but they were entertaining, and that IS what a comic really is for.

Will I pick up the new stuff? Probably, after all I do have some of the marriage issues, the zombie issues, the death issue... wait, with all of this hasn't he
    already been Rebooted?