Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I think Waid is the right person to do modern with it still being light and fun, as anyone who reads Daredevil or The Fox can attest to. Still hella hard to wrap my head around the words "Archie relaunch" I'm going to give this a go.

I would have called this idea insane but for the incredible creative team.

All-New Member

Fiona stated on Twitter that she's only doing the first three issues and that Saga's schedule won't change. That's a relief.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JackKnight View Post
    Fiona stated on Twitter that she's only doing the first three issues and that Saga's schedule won't change. That's a relief.
    Praise Galactus!

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

There was never any chance that Fiona would leave a very successful book that she actually owns and clearly has a lot of passion for something like this but I'm sure this will be a fun little side project for her.

Either way, onto the comic itself, it's a pretty killer creative team but, honestly, even with the huge amounts of praise the Archie line has been getting of late, I can't bring myself to drum up much enthusiasm for it. I loved Archie as a kid but I've never felt a burning desire to get back into it and honestly if Waid's not going to do be doing superheroes, I would much prefer to see him do something really far out of his wheelhouse as a full-on creator-owned series.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Aguirre-Sacasa, a creative director that's emphasizing the creative.

Marvel and their increasingly staid storylines should take note.

The series should start with everybody as freshmen.

Amazing Member

I've never read Archie, but I like Waid and LOVE Staples. I might look into it if it's new-reader accessible.

I think I'll check this out when it gets released. The art looks great
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

BANNED

Hmm. They're making Archie interesting for the first time ever. I might have to give it a go. I like Mark Waid, I've never read anything from Fiona Staples before. From what someone told me, I'm not missing much.

I've never really read Archie before though I have been curious about the title. I may see about checking this out with the relaunch depending on how reviews for it are.
    Thennary Speaks - Video reviews for comic books, anime & manga, J-pop and other topics

BANNED

As an oldschool archie fan, I'll give it a shot.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

It may not have the obvious visceral appeal of "Archie has to deal with zombies/the Predator" (the former of which is possibly the funniest book on the stands, and I expect great things from the latter), but it's Mark Waid and Fiona Staples doing a book together. They could be relaunching Adam X the X-Treme and I'd buy it, sure as hell I'll be picking this up.
    Buh-bye

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

It sounds like they're taking greater care with modernizing Archie than DC did with it's New52.

Quote Originally Posted by chaos X effect View Post
    I might look into it if it's new-reader accessible.
    Despite 600 issues, there wasn't a lot of continuity to get bogged down in so I doubt anyone will have a hard time following it.

Quote Originally Posted by chaos X effect View Post
    I've never read Archie, but I like Waid and LOVE Staples. I might look into it if it's new-reader accessible.
    This...

10char
    #MagnetoWasRight