Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This art piece suffers from a severe lack of Veronica Lodge!

BANNED

is this new reboot gonna take the place of Archie#666 or will it debut later on in the year? that's what i wonder

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    Despite 600 issues, there wasn't a lot of continuity to get bogged down in so I doubt anyone will have a hard time following it.
    Unless you count the decades long plotline of Archie being perpetually undecided on who he liked more: Betty or Veronica. And that was as close as one got to continuity in the Archie universe. So, the new series should be accessible, unlike the dreck from DC and Marvel these days.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Unless you count the decades long plotline of Archie being perpetually undecided on who he liked more: Betty or Veronica. And that was as close as one got to continuity in the Archie universe. So, the new series should be accessible, unlike the dreck from DC and Marvel these days.
    and yet archie is the one clinging to whatever sales numbers they can muster....the majority of comic book readers don't want to read about some incompetent red headed goofball that keeps trying to juggle two girls at the same time all while being trapped in a town straight out of the show "Leave It To Beaver"

Oh WOW guess I'm reading Archie now then! It doesn't mention if Staples is just doing pencils or colouring herself too, does it? The sample art seems to suggest she does, and no colourists mentioned in the article... Anyway I'm hyped for this, don't really care for Archie too much but if anyone can make me care it'll be Waid & Staples.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    as for Fiona Staples, I have no idea who she is, that said, I wasn't too terribly impressed with that art sample. I guess I'll have to wait until this book comes out before I pass judgment.
    Think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Even the people who dislike Saga for its occassional vulgarity tend to agree that Staples is a fantastic artist.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

Archie looks like a redhead version of Mako from The Legend of Korra. I knew he reminded me of someone!

I...might read an Archie book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    hopefully it actually ships on time

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    You're not alone.

Well, at least for three issues.
    image Ascender, Birthright, Deadly Class, Die, Lazarus, Monstress, Nocterra, Oblivion Song, Rat Queens, Realm, Reaver, Redneck, Sweet Paprika Marvel Excalibur, Marauders, X-Force, X-Men DC Batman/Catwoman, Wonder Girl Dynamite Red Sonja, Vengeance of Vampirella Boom Dark Blood, Once & Future, Something is Killing the Children

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    and yet archie is the one clinging to whatever sales numbers they can muster....the majority of comic book readers don't want to read about some incompetent red headed goofball that keeps trying to juggle two girls at the same time all while being trapped in a town straight out of the show "Leave It To Beaver"
    Why should kids comics appeal to "the majority of comic book readers"?

Been an Archie Fan myself for several years and this isn't the first time they've spun it as modern. I remember the old New Archie's Cartoons in the late 80s and of course Archie Mysteries a decade ago. I've very interested in the new TV series and this comic looks right up my alley. I'll be checking it out.
    Mooper Films

Disappointed they're using Staples name to help sell the book where she'll only be on board for 3 issues. That's not enough to call her part of the new creative team.

I wonder how far they'll go in reflecting the teens of today. Underage drinking? Sex?

I think they should have kept the old archie series going. There was something nice about a book that went back to the old times and then done a second book with the more modern take.

I only recently starting picking up Archie, but I've been really enjoying the continuity-light, fun and frequently clever stories. They have been a breath of fresh air. While I really like Waid as a writer, I'm definitely less than thrilled with the concept of a "modernized" Archie. But since the sales for Archie are so small, I can't blame them for trying. I would really prefer if they keep the existing style, continuity and numbering and just make this a separate thing.

BANNED

The art looks awesome and Archie looks cooler!

I haven't read Archie in years (which is very sad considering it's one of the main things that got me into comics in the first place), but I may have to pick it up after this ne wlaunch. The only thing that bothers me is the iconic look the characters have had for years is now gone and I'm afraid this is a HUGE risk for Archie Comics and may eventualy hurt them in the long run....