Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    You forget the only reason Batman is able to take on Darkseid in the first place is because of a suit Green Lantern and Flash helped build for him.
    So, first off, that's "never" in answer to my questions then?

And secondly, how many times have Flash or Green Lantern been made suits by the entire League that let them take on Darkseid?

So if you don't like the suit and think it's too powerful your beef is with the JL not Batman.
    My beef, and that of most others, is not with The Fictional Character Batman. I like The Fictional Character Batman.

Any "beef" I have is with the writing.

If the sin is PIS or someone looking too powerful and the sinner is Batman you'll complain if the same sin is committed but by someone else (literally any non superhuman character other than Batman) the reaction isn't as negative.
    As you've pointed out, the same sin is not commited by anyone else.

Spectacular Member

I get the impression from dialogue like Darkseid saying he's just "woke up" that this Darkseid isn't at full strength. If he was, then surely he'd have used Omega Effect much sooner in the fight?

Someone needs to edit in Grayson in that last spread. :<

Astonishing Member

Darkseid is assuredly not at full strength.

It's weird. I love this storyline so far. I love that Batman's legit wearing "Plot Armor". I love the notion of contrasting Bruce & Damian to Darkseid & Kalibak as a step in the evolution in the wake of Final Crisis and R.I.P. and Must Die and Return of Bruce and Leviathan. I like how Darkseid probably remembers the alt. timeline even if Bruce doesn't quite. I like the super-symbolism Kirby ridiculousness of "You turned my son into a BULLET in a GUN." And the Bat Into Hell high-concept of going to Physical Apokolips, which is also a bit of a callback to what, Rock of Ages? And the Animateds. I LIKE Bob Haney Batman, man.

In my headcanon I'm pretty sure that the Hellbat suit is made out of the remains of the Barbatos-infected Bush Robot Kirby Batman suit from Return of Bruce Wayne # 6. The shadow bats of the cape are nanoswarms. The JLA (who were instrumental in helping Batman remove the thing and expelling the Demon-Adapter back into caveman days) then took the Kirby-Bat suit and applied Justice League friendship to it. Like shooting Dan Turpin in the shoulder with the Radion Bullet in the BOOM Pistol, this is Bruce using a weapon that Darkseid basically created as a weapon against Darkseid.

I wish Tomasi had thought of that and made that implicit because thematically it works so well that Batman's Costume From The End of Time, his Kirby-Batman, is the only thing he can use to skirt past Darkseid.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Some real breathtaking moments this issue. Nicely resolved. Looking forward to Alpha next week.

Just LOVED IT.

LONG LIVE ROBIN

The art was so awesome, gah great job art team.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Damian's come back to life an issue earlier than I expected, so I'm hoping they get a real moment in "Alpha" with Dick. I'm just re-reading Damian's death, and you can't not have that moment! Dick was there for him when Bruce couldn't be at all the important moments of Damian's life!

Also, on a related note? Screw it - I didn't like this story, but the last page and a reread of Inc sells me utterly on bringing the kid back. If Batman is an ongoing concern, his son can't have died like that and have it stand. The character just can't operate plausibly with that hanging over him - and neither can the supporting cast. I don't like how it was done, but I'm glad the story is now that the death was a bump in the road.

BANNED

Found this on reddit: http://imgur.com/hgC9h5k

Astonishing Member

So here's an aside ...

I'm a fan of Cyborg's inclusion here. But this story SHOULD have featured Mister Miracle. "Escape from Hell" ... Boom Tube ... two "Escape Artists" ... the Morrison Seven Soldiers & Final Crisis connections ... the final thwarting of the Omega Sanction ... the classic Brave and Bold team-ups between Batman and Miracle. The ultimate escape from the black hole of depression and death and the graves.

It's a crying shame that Mister Miracle is co-opted over on Earth-2 shenanigans. And kind of ironic bad timing that it was Scott Free who just woke Darkseid up last week so that he could run into Batman today.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

This wasn't as bad as I expected.

It was actually worse.

Damian was one of my favorite characters. This story really deserved better, or to just be left alone. (Preferably the latter....)

Ugh -
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Generic condescending passive aggressive elitist statement.

I find it rather apt that that which killed Batman was able to resurrect Robin. A nice oroboros, if you will.

Batman and Robin #37. Or, how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Batgod.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    his best friend is dead

Its as if more than half the batline is written by children bashing their action figures together.

I enjoyed it. It was just so off the wall crazy, that I'd love to see it in animated form, at some point.

And our boy is back.