Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Batman and Robin #37 Preview/Discussion

Batman vs. Darkseid! The penultimate chapter of "Robin Rises" is here! Can Batman bring Damian Wayne back from death? Concluded in this month's

Full article here.

Let us bathe in the glorious return of the BatGod!!

But in all seriousness I cant wait to read this issue.
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by napolid View Post
    Let us bathe in the glorious return of the BatGod!!
    I admit I don't read DC comics except some rare exceptions, but, isn't Darkseid a super powerful cosmic being? What's the catch? How can Batman fight him?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brainwasher View Post
    I admit I don't read DC comics except some rare exceptions, but, isn't Darkseid a super powerful cosmic being? What's the catch? How can Batman fight him?
    He wears special plot-armor
    (quite literally this time though, the rest of the League pooled their resources to make that thing for him without him knowing about it... downside is that it's basically running off Bruce's lifeforce).

Amazing Member

I mean...its cool and all. But...it just makes so many other people look dumb. Darkseid is a multiversal threat. As in if he shows up its likely that he will crush your world and quite possibly your entire universe as well. Highfather is busy converting the Rainbow Corps into New Gods to wage war upon him. The Antimonitor is consuming worlds/universes in preparation for his battle with Darkseid.

And now some random earthling with money and a few years of training has near efforlessly charged into Darkseid's domain and is now punching him in the face. All because he has a suit of armor built by a Kryptonian, Amazon, Atlantean, Green Lantern, and a Cyborg. So...if Highfather had one of these he could just end the whole millenia long war in about an hour right? And save all of creation from the tyranny of Darkseid? Too bad noone on Earth 2 had the idea to do something like this during their years long war with Apokalips. They might have a planet still if they did.
    Last edited by SaintRhon; 12-15-2014 at 08:10 AM.

Astonishing Member

Yeah I'm glad I hoped off this trainwreck when I did. Nice art though.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

That dialogue is so poor.

I think Morrison had it right with Darkseid when he was talking about him around Final Crisis time, he said something along the lines of this is the ultimate eveil and should only be showing up at the end of a world ending threat battle...when he shows up in a story you know this is the real deal.
    i.e don't overuse him and have him in a fist fight with the heroes every other week!
    Last edited by Mick Turpin; 12-15-2014 at 08:28 AM.

I don't think that this is the real Darkseid...

They should have replaced Batman with Superman here it would have made for a much better story.

DC may need to invent a new big bad or something because Kalibak got dismissed like a Joker goon. And now Batman's ragdolling Darkseid in his crib.

I don't mind Batman getting some mecha costume and going up against daunting odds, but not alone to this degree, especially doing it so easily. This isn't appealing to me. I'd rather he exploit some weakness or even have some plot device. You give him some costume that makes him stronger than the rest of the Justice League and just have him bust into Apokolips and pummel Darkseid and his forces into submission just makes DC's villains laughable.
    The J-man

What chance do the New Gods have against Batman? NONE

Long live the Batgod!

A Batman vs Darkseid story could be good. But for me, not like this.
    I think it would be more interesting if focused on outsmarting Darkseid rather than having an actual fist-fight with him. That just makes the villain seem not as powerful and makes me think...why the hell doesn't the JL just make a bunch of these suits of armor and beat everyone that way?
    And I agree that Darkseid is better used in a major Armageddon type storyline....not this villain of the week type stuff. It waters him down.
    As far as an underdog confrontation goes, I liked it better when Green Arrow and Atom went up against Darkseid in Morrison's JLA. They used wits and physics to get the best of him and you could feel the danger and high stakes in the scene. The characters seemed genuinely surprised and nervous about the confrontation which made the victory have more weight.
    This is just a powerful suit of armor type fight. (at least in this preview....maybe there's more to it than that).
    The art is great though.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Is Darkseid still blind?

BANNED

Implausibility, batgod accusations all of that can kiss my ass, this is Epic!

Okay, maybe I'm letting the idea of Batman in a superpowered suit taking on Darkseid and the likelihood of a knockout drag-out brawl prevent me from seeing this arc as anything other than awesome and fun .

Poor Kalibak though .

But I doubt Batman's just going to beat Darkseid in a fight thanks to the suit. If anything, especially with Bats' life-force still being drained, I expect Darkseid will win the physical part of the fight while Batman will come up with something afterwards that will give Darkseid reason to spare him and allow him to get Damian back.

But at least now we know that Darkseid's at least in relative good health since the League beat him, at least better health than what Kalibak implied.

well darkseid is definitely better here than he was during the opening JL arc.
    Batman has gone full batgod but since he's fighting darkseid its expected.
    Nice post crisis reference not sure how it fits in the new 52. Looks like it'll be a good fight