Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by weshes195 View Post
    Yeah, recently batman has been wanted to the max. His punch (regardless of who made the suit) even slightly affecting DS just shows how much Batman has become much worse character and quality wise.

I actually have begun to dislike Batman's character. sigh, as long as Batman doesn't come in any of the other comics he isn't in I will just act like this never happened.
    Technically shouldn't you hate the JL since they're the one's who made the Hellbat? I don't see why so many people have a problem with this for 1 for all we know the fight could be short with Darkseid winning. Secondly even if Batman does win, who cares? He's a fictional character if the writers make it so the suit the JL made for him is capable of defeating someone as strong as Darkseid then that's what is. I wouldn't say "Superman bench pressing the weight of the Earth for 5 days straight is stupid" because in this fictional universe that is what the writers have shown he can do. And I don't see how Batman being made more powerful makes him a worse character if that's the case you should start hating every comic book character since they're all stronger than they were when the were 1st created. It's funny how Batman is the only who is a God and OP when he gets stronger but not with others. In JL 35 Lex said he has tech that can kill an army of Kryptonians in his lab. Lex who struggles with just 1 Kryptonian allegedly has tech to kill an army of them, that makes sense. Lex has become OP and Godlike too but I've yet to see anyone complain about it.

I hate how Batman is held to a harsher standard than other characters.

This has been an entertaining arc, especially the stuff before he went to Apocalypse, but yeah, there is no defending Batman punching Darkseid like that. Tomasi went full BatGod. You never want to go full BatGod.

I guess I would be more upset if I held New 52 Darkseid in any sort of high standing. That first JL arc with him in it really lowered the character. He doesn't really feel as threatening or like this embodiment of evil that we have previously seen him as. He is just a big evil alien in the New 52. He isn't really more complex than that.

judging a book on its cover once again.

It seems DC thinks that having Batman go up against Heavyweights like Darkseid and do things like take down the JL such as at the start of Endgame makes Batman look good. All it does is annoy us and make other characters look stupid.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baba3231 View Post
    It seems DC thinks that having Batman go up against Heavyweights like Darkseid and do things like take down the JL such as at the start of Endgame makes Batman look good. All it does is annoy us and make other characters look stupid.
    He took down most the Jokerized Justice League who were not fighting with their full faculties and, even then, he still couldn't be Big Blue.

Batman is using armor created by the other members of the Justice League. He punched a blind god. He's going to get his butt kicked.

I can't wait for Damian to return, and I'm really intrigued with this power scenario similar to the #666 Damian, but yeah, the idea of the Bat family infiltrating Apokolips is just dumb. Someone believable from a point of view of the mythos, like Superman or a New God, going in while something for Batman and co. to deal with on Earth would have made tons more sense.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-16-2014 at 01:04 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    This has been an entertaining arc, especially the stuff before he went to Apocalypse, but yeah, there is no defending Batman punching Darkseid like that. Tomasi went full BatGod. You never want to go full BatGod.

I guess I would be more upset if I held New 52 Darkseid in any sort of high standing. That first JL arc with him in it really lowered the character. He doesn't really feel as threatening or like this embodiment of evil that we have previously seen him as. He is just a big evil alien in the New 52. He isn't really more complex than that.
    yeah, if only Darkseid in new 52 deserved respect for being competent.

I really hope that one punch is all we get for a fight. I wanted some sort of intellectual battle with good dialogue because if this "fight" drags out, the rest of the Bat family and Cyborg are gonna be dragged in and they are(should) be destroyed within seconds.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    It's funny how Batman is the only who is a God and OP when he gets stronger but not with others.
    How many times has Green Lantern taken down the whole Justice League, and how many time has the Flash taken on Darkseid solo?

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    How many times has Green Lantern taken down the whole Justice League, and how many time has the Flash taken on Darkseid solo?
    You forget the only reason Batman is able to take on Darkseid in the first place is because of a suit Green Lantern and Flash helped build for him. If it wasn't for the Hellbat armor those 2 and the rest of the League helped him build he wouldn't even be able to fight Darkseid. So if you don't like the suit and think it's too powerful your beef is with the JL not Batman. You guys sure are picky when it comes to what bothers you I bet if the Avengers made a suit to help Captain America fight Thanos no one would have a problem with it. Just like Lex possibly being able to kill an army of Kryptonians is cool with you guys but Batman just barely surviving against one is the biggest deal ever. It reminds me of the saying "Don't hate the sinner hate the sin." Well in the case of some of you it's "Don't hate the sin hate the sinner." If the sin is PIS or someone looking too powerful and the sinner is Batman you'll complain if the same sin is committed but by someone else (literally any non superhuman character other than Batman) the reaction isn't as negative.

I'm going to enjoy the outcome of this issue no matter what because either:

Batman loses to Darksied to quiet all of the complaints

or

Batman beats Darksied and I laugh at all the silly nerd rage it will cause.
    Last edited by The True Detective; 12-16-2014 at 11:32 PM.

DC needs a new big bad. Batman thoroughly embarrassed Darkseid. Flung him around like DS owed him money and left him broken and crying in his own house.

DC should just move DS to like Batman and Superman rogues and either move Anti-Monitor or Trigon as the premier DC Universe threat.
    The J-man

Not a bad issue although the way the fight conclude made it seem like Batman was holding back the whole fight. should be necessary since this is darkseid
    Not sure What was done to damian but that moment at the end was nice.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    DC needs a new big bad. Batman thoroughly embarrassed Darkseid. Flung him around like DS owed him money and left him broken and crying in his own house.

DC should just move DS to like Batman and Superman rogues and either move Anti-Monitor or Trigon as the premier DC Universe threat.
    Don't forget Final Crisis where Batman took down Darkseid with just a bullet.

Extraordinary Member

Nice to have you back Damian
    Now about those superpowers....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

Wow talk about gross exaggeration, Batman got 5 hits in total of which only one made Darkseid say "aargh" and that too after Batman used his magic cape/symbiote trick so he has just surprised most likely and not hurt,in the process the supposedly uber hellbat suit was destroyed. The best shot that Batman got(which again did absolutely nothing other than knocking DS off his feat) involved Darkseid's own weapon,the chaos shard which was blowing up planets it was also further amped by Darkseids own OE. You can also look at DS' performance in Earth-2 and the New Gods abilities in the GL books.

As for Monti and Trigon,I like them both but lets not pretend as if they've never had their own low moments, and both of them combined dont have a mythology even 10% interesting as DS.