Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The villains are a terrible example of lazy storytelling. Its the complete opposite of lazy to take a couple not-oft used villains, dust them off and try to present them anew. Whenever there's a genuine concern with this book its constantly used as a platform to launch into mindless hate.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The villains are a terrible example of lazy storytelling. Its the complete opposite of lazy to take a couple not-oft used villains, dust them off and try to present them anew. Whenever there's a genuine concern with this book its constantly used as a platform to launch into mindless hate.
    It's lazy have c-lists villains completely trash superman and ww without a good fight. even if it have power up
    Last edited by Blacksun; 12-15-2014 at 01:56 PM.

Neither is it lazy to dare portray the heroes having a bit of trouble once in a while. Villains can't put on a good show every once in a while? Joke villains only stop being a joke when they're written as a threat. These two were written as a threat. Nothing lazy about that.

BANNED

Neither is it lazy to dare portray the heroes having a bit of trouble once in a while. Villains can't put on a good show every once in a while? Joke villains only stop being a joke when they're written as a threat. These two were written as a threat. Nothing lazy about that.
    It wasn't a bit of trouble, another character came to save them. they were easily defeated

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I don't have a problem with the villains portrayal. I just wish they had used a Wonder Woman villain instead of Major Disaster. I like both Disaster(though his costume sucks) and Atomic Skull it's just that I feel almost starved for Wonder Woman villains in the New 52. The only laziness I saw in this issue was Diana's arrogant, unsympathetic portrayal.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Characters make the save for another all the time. Total non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I don't have a problem with the villains portrayal. I just wish they had used a Wonder Woman villain instead of Major Disaster. I like both Disaster(though his costume sucks) and Atomic Skull it's just that I feel almost starved for Wonder Woman villains in the New 52.
    That I get. Thankfully that's going to be made up for soon.

BANNED

Characters make the save for another all the time. Total non-issue.
    a character created like yesterday? no way, at least for me

What do you mean created yesterday? Both villains are old. Just not often used.

BANNED

What do you mean created yesterday? Both villains are old. Just not often used.
    wonderstar, not the villains.

Ah, I getcha. But why does age of creation have anything to do with it? Its not like Superman and Wonder Woman had some problems with these guys and a normal human like Dick Grayson saved them. This kid obviously has superpowers and caught them by surprise, so I'm still not seeing the disconnect.

BANNED

Ah, I getcha. But why does age of creation have anything to do with it? Its not like Superman and Wonder Woman had some problems with these guys and a normal human like Dick Grayson saved them. This kid obviously has superpowers and caught them by surprise, so I'm still not seeing the disconnect.
    lazy, let's have superman and ww trashed so this superpowered character can save them. bad storytelling

You have to exaggerate what happened in the issue to make your complaint work. You act like they were systematically destroyed, that Superman and Wonder Woman put up absolutely no fight at all, and that's not what happened. Two villains gave them a good fight and had the upper-hand on them before someone else intervened. Perfectly legitimate setup.

BANNED

I'm not exagerating, supes and ww lose to easily for the big guns they are. the fight wasn't good, it was seriously jobbed. I expected better from tomasi