Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I also want Marvel to get the FF rights back. Whilst not every aspect of the forthcoming reboot sounds terrible, there's enough it and the apparent rushed nature to tell me it's unlikely to stand up to the MCU and Fox's own X-Men films. I mean this whole mystery Marvel film is almost certainly unamed because Fox wants to see how the possible 2 FF films stand up before revealing it as the crossover with X-Men, otherwise they can just say it was X-Force, Gambit or Deadpool all the time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    I just would like Marvel studios to make Fantastic Four movies.
    I have nothing against Fox, really...

Marvel Studios is just better suited because of their shared universe and commitment to expanding the cosmic line.
    As one poster commented I think MCU is fine as it is. Yeah I'd love to see Doctor Doom throw down with The Avengers but with what Marvel lacks opens an opportunity to use other characters and give them a shot at being adapted. If Fantastic Four and X-Men were sent to Marvel then we might not even have a Guardian's of The Galaxy movie or other proposed MCU films for Phase 3.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    As one poster commented I think MCU is fine as it is. Yeah I'd love to see Doctor Doom throw down with The Avengers but with what Marvel lacks opens an opportunity to use other characters and give them a shot at being adapted. If Fantastic Four and X-Men were sent to Marvel then we might not even have a Guardian's of The Galaxy movie or other proposed MCU films for Phase 3.
    I'm talking about having F4 going to Marvel Studios NOW, not then.
    If the rights went back then they would easily be able to incorporate everything into the wider cosmic universe.

GotG would just lead the way in terms of the cosmic line.

Mighty Member

Let's all write letters for Fox to can the product and have Disney/Marvel Studio get the rights to FF as we want Silver Surfer and Galactus in the Avengers/MCU including having cameos by the FF themselves
    Last edited by TomServofan; 05-15-2014 at 10:04 AM.

Incredible Member

For me, it's always been about Doctor Doom.

because he's so tied to the FF franchise, he's probably the biggest crown jewel that was sold off.

I want a well portrayed Doctor Doom being involved in the mcu as he would be the gift that would keep on giving.

Mighty Member

Oooh yes Doc Doom would be good in the MCU/Avengers series

Existenz

Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    They've done that in the comics for years and it still doesn't make sense to me. If I'm Joe Public in the Marvel Universe, I'd feel just as uneasy about the Human Torch as I would with Cyclops. Maybe even moreso since Johnny often irresponsibly uses his powers. And don't get me started on Reed Richards, how many alien threats has this guy accidentally unleashed on Earth?
    So the Fantastic Four are heroes, while the X-Men are persecuted doesn't sit well with me either in the comics or the movies.

I'm good with the franchises being separate, unless it involves cross dimensional travel. Meaning that the F4 travels to a different earth where mutants exist.
    People were originally uneasy with the Fantastic Four, but the Fantastic Four earned the people's trust. They've cooperated with authorities, their identities are public, they contribute to society. People KNOW the Fantastic Four.

That's why people are uneasy around mutants in particular. Because they don't know who they are. Kids are getting powers that can level a building before they're even old enough to drive and we don't know who they are, what they want, if they're good, if they're bad. Do they want to hurt us, do they want to take over, how do I know my children are safe? The fantastic four can answer these questions and reassure the populace they have nothing to be afraid of. Mutants are a wild card as no single mutant can speak for all mutants as we don't even know how many there are or who they are.

Wasn't Franklin Richards kind of mentioned in X2 on the computer screen?

Also apart from Franklin who is a mutant, the teams don't really seem to crossover that much in the comics, with a few exceptions here and there (Such as Wolverine serving on the "new" team during Walt Simonson's run).

Wouldn't it be a easy fix just to say that the X-men have been around for years but the FF is brand new to the superhero world.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    Who wants Disney to get back FF?
    I would rather see Disney/Marvel do something interesting with all the other properties they own.

The odd things like Ant-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy seem far more interesting to me than Marvel doing their own X-Men, Fantastic Four, and Spider-Man movies.
    Last edited by simbob4000; 05-16-2014 at 08:06 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    I would rather see Disney/Marvel do something interesting with all the other properties they own.

The odd things like Ant-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy seem are more interesting to me than Marvel doing their own X-Men, Fantastic Four, and Spider-Man movies.
    I'm with ya.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YoungThanos View Post
    Kinberg~

Now someone at FOX has finally gotten a clue that the 2 don't mix and want a pat on the back for stating the obvious..?

It's this type of flip flopping nonsense that has fans reluctant in siding with FOX-Marvel in the first place. If nothing else it's official that Kinberg has taken the duties of "blowing smoke" from Mark Millar.
    Sure does sound like it. At this point, all I can hope for is a good entertaining movie.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Astonishing Member

Because First class was a mild success and FF isn't even out yet so it's pointless to do it.
    Not to mention the characters don't have a whole lot in common, where did this idea that different franchises connecting together = good come from?
    We all know that isn't even in true in comics.

As I believe others have said, I think the X-Men in a lot of ways creatively works better in it's own universe apart from other heroes.

But if a cross over potentially can make money (and I think it can), then I'd be surprised if they didn't at least try.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Wouldn't it be a easy fix just to say that the X-men have been around for years but the FF is brand new to the superhero world.
    How would newness translate to universal acclaim?

I think he has a point. A lot it works in the books because thats simply been the way its always been. We think about it now, and realize it doesn't make sense but it add it to the other list of things that don't make sense in the medium because thats simply the way its been established. FF are loved, X-Men are hated, Superman and Clark can't be differentiated, Spider-Man is a hero and a menace. Its all filed under suspension of disbelief. This doesn't necessarily work for the movies, you can't just hand wave it.

The only way I could see it working is if you use history to explain away mankind's suspicion of mutants. Years back Magneto assaulted the White House and claimed mutants are the future kind thing, so now even the hero mutants are linked to that negative feeling.