Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

When I was a kid and right after I had just gotten into Spiderman, my dream movie was to have Spidey facing off against Venom, Doctor Octopus and Hobgoblin. No boring backstory for anybody, just great action. Of course, I was in second/third grade then. In all seriousness though, there should be no more mention of Uncle Ben except in the occasional flashback. Everyone now knows what happened and it doesn't need to be rehashed again.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    No they are not. Each love interest is distinct and unique and have their own personality which determines how compatible they are with Peter and how much of an impact they make on his life. Carlie Cooper and Silk are not even close to the same league as MJ and Gwen in importance.
    Spidey is too versatile to have a principal love interest and too chaotic as a protagonist too maintain a love life that sticks for good. Like it or not, Spider-Man is devoted to the love of justice and responsibilty like every other hero. Spidey changes his love interests like his suits and eventually resets back all over again to the original females he's known for then the cycle repeats. It's the same with Batman and Daredevil. Personally I think it's sensible for the character to be reinvigorated every time tiers new ideas for stories involving relationships not just the core fundamentals like Gwen or MJ knowing full well they don't last with the guy.

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    No, that'd be a terrible idea. Spider-Man 3 was bad enough and it was clear that Raimi was out of ideas by that point. Plus I'd rather not see a problematic Peter and godawful MJ again.
    First off let me say I agree Spider-man 3 was pretty bad although I like his 1st and 2nd better then any of the Amazing Spider-man I dont want Raimi back ...but your conclusion is wrong on Spider-man 3 and the the thought that Raimi was out of ideas... No that was not the case .. this is what he does when he doesn't have control or get his way, he was so vehemently oppose to having Venom in the film but the studio force his hand.. so in retaliation he did a half ass job on Spider-man 3 ..

Quote Originally Posted by Heasensy32 View Post
    Spidey is too versatile to have a principal love interest and too chaotic as a protagonist too maintain a love life that sticks for good. Like it or not, Spider-Man is devoted to the love of justice and responsibilty like every other hero. Spidey changes his love interests like his suits and eventually resets back all over again to the original females he's known for then the cycle repeats. It's the same with Batman and Daredevil. Personally I think it's sensible for the character to be reinvigorated every time tiers new ideas for stories involving relationships not just the core fundamentals like Gwen or MJ knowing full well they don't last with the guy.
    You act like there wasn't a 20 year history where Peter and MJ were married. If not for 1 person, Joe Quesda, they likely would still be. It's not set in stone that Peter won't go back to that and stay that way if Marvel have realized now that the majority of their fans prefered and still prefer them married. It happened in the newspaper strips that way, they are 27 years and counting.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 12-20-2014 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    I actually think the best course of action at this point for Sony is to bring back Raimi, Maguire, and Dunst for a Spidey 4 and adapt Kraven's Last Hunt.

Acknowledge you done bleeped up in TASM 2 and move on. Have a brief scene where Maguire-Peter wakes up in a sweat, and Dunst-MJ asks him what's wrong.

"I had a dream . . . ghost dad! Electric guy! Dubstep!"

"Oh, Peter, it's just a dream. Go back to bed."

". . . Okay."

That's all you have to do.

It'll be ten years since Spidey 3. Make it ten years in-universe. Peter and MJ have had Mayday and Benjy. Peter's beaten nearly every bad guy in his rogues gallery, some multiple times. But here comes Kraven, ready to change things, ready to pull off the ultimate hunt: killing New York's beloved hero.

Make the ultimate coda to Raimi's trilogy. Kraven versus Spidey, with maybe a cameo from another Spidey villain to kick off the film (maybe Shocker or Mysterio) who's taken out quickly and early like Scarecrow was in The Dark Knight. Post-credits, we see a teenaged Mayday take her first leap into the NYC skyline.

After release, let the inevitable happen and sell Spidey back to Marvel. But this way you go out on top instead of in disgrace.
    I doubt the Dallas\Newhart route will work but I gotta admit hearing that idea is very entertaining. Ha!!!

At this point, they can only expect the current course to result in less Box Office receipts. Thats been the trend since the original Spider-Man (yes, yes, international audiences made SM 3 an anomaly). They need to forget all about building a larger Spider Universe and rehabilitate Spider-Man himself some how.

They just need a new writers and director to move the franchise back on the street because ASM was good. Skip time. Have Peter already dating MJ but on/off because he is still racked with guilt over Gwen. Bring in Dr Ock and the sinister six. But get a good writer and director

BANNED

Make spidey the next cap and maybe iceman the next ironman.

Is Marvel attempt to work with Sony to attain Spider-man for Civil War Kaput or is it still ongoing?? I've been hearing in both sides that it trully is a dead deal and others says it's still ongoing??

Anyways .. Marvel supposed re-intro if they attain Spider-man was to Fore-go the romance and work in the angle of the tween's struggle of his dual identity ... I think that would have been the best recourse..

I think Vortex's overall idea could work. A few films with a Peter Parker who has been Spider-Man for a while.

Then when it's time to recast they could cover the major beats of the earlier films, with more distance from earlier renditions (The origin, The death of Gwen Stacy, The Osborns) and after they're done with the prequels, keep the new actor around.

An emphasis on trilogies isn't essential. It might be that the adult Spider-Man actor sticks around for 2 films, or 4 films.

I don't see the Clone Saga becoming as significant in Spider-Man films. One benefit of it in the comics was that it created new characters who could carry their own books. On film, it's going to be more work for the guy playing Peter Parker. It might be fun for one film, or the climax of a film, but I don't see it sticking around for much longer.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by 5Eyes View Post
    First off let me say I agree Spider-man 3 was pretty bad although I like his 1st and 2nd better then any of the Amazing Spider-man I dont want Raimi back ...but your conclusion is wrong on Spider-man 3 and the the thought that Raimi was out of ideas... No that was not the case .. this is what he does when he doesn't have control or get his way, he was so vehemently oppose to having Venom in the film but the studio force his hand.. so in retaliation he did a half ass job on Spider-man 3 ..
    True, but it doesn't change the fact that there were many story beats/plot points that were simply rehashes of the first two films.

Ultimate Member

I'd kind of like the see an adaptation of The Death of Jean DeWolff. It'd be something quite different from the other films, and it'd also be something unexpected. More of a mystery/who-done it kind of story. And if Marvel can make freaking Alexander Pierce into a viable main villain for a movie, then Sin-Eater is certainly doable.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    When I was a kid and right after I had just gotten into Spiderman, my dream movie was to have Spidey facing off against Venom, Doctor Octopus and Hobgoblin. No boring backstory for anybody, just great action. Of course, I was in second/third grade then. In all seriousness though, there should be no more mention of Uncle Ben except in the occasional flashback. Everyone now knows what happened and it doesn't need to be rehashed again.

Yeah, I agree that it doesn't need to be rehashed again in the films, at least not for a good while. I'd like it to start when he's been Spider-Man for a little while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I'd kind of like the see an adaptation of The Death of Jean DeWolff. It'd be something quite different from the other films, and it'd also be something unexpected. More of a mystery/who-done it kind of story. And if Marvel can make freaking Alexander Pierce into a viable main villain for a movie, then Sin-Eater is certainly doable.
    A Spider-Man/ Daredevil film could be fun.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Spectacular Spider-Man please and Spidey in MCU.