Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: Batgirl, #37

Babs tracks down a Batgirl impersonator in Brenden Fletcher, Cameron Stewart & Babs Tarr's "Batgirl" #37.

Full review here.

I like the book and the new direction but one thing keeps bothering me. In the first issue she lost all her tech and needed a computer and a costume. This issue again she needed a cowl. Does she forget she has access to the bat cave. Can't figure out why she wouldn't use Batman as a source of tech and support

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

From the review: "However, Dagger Type's unveiling is…uncomfortable. Not only does Barbara precede it with some very out-of-character transmisogynist disgust, but when the crowd laughs, it's unclear why the reader is supposed to think they're doing so. "

Babs was surprised that the person impersonating her was a man, not just any man but the photographer behind the gallery she went to earlier that night. The crowd was not laughing at Dagger Type because he was cross-dressing but because he is a fame seeking shill who will do anything for likes, retweets and popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    I like the book and the new direction but one thing keeps bothering me. In the first issue she lost all her tech and needed a computer and a costume. This issue again she needed a cowl. Does she forget she has access to the bat cave. Can't figure out why she wouldn't use Batman as a source of tech and support
    This is taking place during Eternal while spoilers:
    Bruce lost all his money. He actually has to count how many Batarangs he has left at one point.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by RobinFan4880; 12-21-2014 at 09:41 PM.

She was surprised by the fake batgirl's identity. She didn't expect the artist. Had nothing to do with sex or discrimination

I did remember that from eternal, it is just hard to figure out when all the bat books are taking place, especially Batman and Robin when they are all together but Damian isnt in Batman or Eternal
    Last edited by Darth Kal-el; 12-21-2014 at 11:15 PM.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    She was surprised by the fake batgirl's identity. She didn't expect the artist. Had nothing to do with sex or discrimination

I did remember that from eternal, it is just hard to figure out when all the bat books are taking place, especially Batman and Robin when they are all together but Damian isnt in Batman or Eternal
    B&R has to be either before Eternal or during the (assumed) weeks/month long break between issues 20 and 21. Anything later would require Batgirl to be in her new outfit (which she was not wearing when she was in the Cave with the Robins).

Still liking this, the artwork is great and once I've finished reading it, they disappear into my daughters room.
    Nice to have something dark to read like Batman & something light hearted, like this!