Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Looks like the real strength of the Lantern family was the will of Johns. I knew sales had declined but not enough that the line basically implodes.

All New 52 Now incoming I take it? They are going to launch a bunch of new #1's coming out of Convergence probably. So they are dumping all their low and med-tier books to make room for that.

GREAT RAO! Someone tells me who will be the main artist in the relaunched GLC after Convergence.

I can't tell yet, but trust me, we won't miss Bernard Chang at all

Fantastic Member

It's funny that DC is using April 1st as a place for March Annuals. Speaking of which, Tom King co-writing the Teen Titans Annual? John Romita Jr. solo writing Superman? I think we found that out yesterday actually, but still interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    Looks like the real strength of the Lantern family was the will of Johns. I knew sales had declined but not enough that the line basically implodes.
    They'll be relaunched through some kind of restructuring of the titles though (I've whispers of a Green Lantern Weekly). It's not like their books were selling where Star-Spangled War Stories and Infinity Man and the Forever People were. All three of those GL books are in the Mid 20K range which isn't what they used to be but still decent enough to warrant a relaunch.
    "If I come back from the dead one more time I'll be seriously in danger of turning into some kind of walking cliche." - Jean Grey, Uncanny X-Men #284

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    All New 52 Now incoming I take it? They are going to launch a bunch of new #1's coming out of Convergence probably. So they are dumping all their low and med-tier books to make room for that.
    What I'm thinking, too.
    However, I was surprised to see Earth 2 not on the cancelled list.

1. If Earth 2 is destroyed, why would it still be called Earth 2?
    2. If it's a new Earth 2, coming out of Convergence -possibly even with a new creative team, wouldn't that justify a renumbering?
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Amazing Member

I'm guessing there are long term plans behind the Green Lantern books cancellations. I didn't enjoy much of those books after the writing changes until Godhead. I feel like they are just getting into their groove and would hate to see them go for good.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    What I'm thinking, too.
    However, I was surprised to see Earth 2 not on the cancelled list.

1. If Earth 2 is destroyed, why would it still be called Earth 2?
    2. If it's a new Earth 2, coming out of Convergence -possibly even with a new creative team, wouldn't that justify a renumbering?
    I'm also wondering about this. I would think that whether Earth 2 is being relaunched (My guess) it warrants a new number 1 with the new creative team or if it's being destroyed (Doesn't seem likely to me) then it should be the final issue. Also, another likely scenario is they just forgot to put the final issue banner in for Earth 2.
    Last edited by JustJelly; 12-15-2014 at 02:09 PM.
    "If I come back from the dead one more time I'll be seriously in danger of turning into some kind of walking cliche." - Jean Grey, Uncanny X-Men #284

Quote Originally Posted by Shinomune View Post
    GREAT RAO! Someone tells me who will be the main artist in the relaunched GLC after Convergence.

Ethan van sciver?

Incredible Member

The majority of those were expected. I expect some of those get relaunched or get changed to completely new directions. Though with all those GL books cancelled... we're gonna get Green Lantern weekly, right guys? ...Right? pls i want this

Also Tom King on the TT Annual.. interesting. I may have to check that out to see how he write teams and other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinomune View Post
    That's definitely not speaking for everyone, because I'll miss him terribly.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

Klarion,Trinity of Sins and Aquaman and the others added to the cancelled list.

Wow, they didn't cancel Outlaws. That is one book that really needs some type of relaunch or something.

Still at least with Klarion coming to an end I hope they put McCarthy on a book I am actually interested in reading. His art is too good to be on a title like Klarion.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

As people predicted March was going to be a sweep, June will be very interesting.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Trinity of Sin and Klarion now claim the title of shortest new52 series.

Extraordinary Member

I suppose the more interesting news is the GL line. As others suggest I am guessing that there will be a GL weekly sometime after convergence. Not sure if it would be an ongoing of some sort or just done when there is a big event story to tell as that seems to be what the GL books tend to end up doing and a weekly probably works better if the right team is put together.

As for Earth 2, I do not think it will need a new #1 if it carries on the story but just the aftermath. I mean E2 and the two weeklies, plus Convergence, must be leading up to something with an outcome that probably the E2 characters will end up being the focus in. I much prefer when DC does not renumber the books anyway as I do not think there is much evidence it leads to anything but a bunch of extra #1s on left on the shelf or bagged and unread in someones longbox.