Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Surprised about GLC and well that's really it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    With Gary Frank please
    NO. Gary Frank needs to come back home to Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    The Solicit, Its not tagged for cancellation.
    Thanks for reminding me. Dodged a bullet there.

All these cancellations really blow. I had no idea so many DC titles were getting canceled. I knew Swamp Thing was pretty much canceled, Infinity Man, and a couple others, but man. I had no idea so many Green Lantern titles were on the chopping block. I had a sneaking suspicion about Batwoman. It's felt like it was on its last legs for a while now.

Arkham Manor is already getting canned? Man, what's happening?
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Maybe we will get another universe reboot soon.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by quinnzel View Post
    All these cancellations really blow. I had no idea so many DC titles were getting canceled. I knew Swamp Thing was pretty much canceled, Infinity Man, and a couple others, but man. I had no idea so many Green Lantern titles were on the chopping block. I had a sneaking suspicion about Batwoman. It's felt like it was on its last legs for a while now.

Arkham Manor is already getting canned? Man, what's happening?
    I am sure Arkham Manor was planned to only last that long. It did not seem like a long series. I mean it does not seem like an idea that could last forever haha.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Green Lantern will turn into a weekly, people have been predicting this for a while.
    It was a weekly title already every time an event rolled around. Codifying that into a single Weekly book starring all of the lanterns is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    It surprises me how Black Canary has never gotten an ongoing title, not even a mini. She deserves to have her own mythos right?
    DC released a 144 page book called Black Canary and Zatanna: Bloodspell back in June. That should qualify as a mini.

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    Maybe we will get another universe reboot soon.
    Unecessary. We can just get a story set on one of the uncodified Earths. We don't need a reboot.

Hopefully, Black Canary can get a solo title again without the need to change her code name to Black Bat.

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    Hopefully, Black Canary can get a solo title again without the need to change her code name to Black Bat.
    How does that even make sense?

I remember I was just a young lad the last time Black Canary had a monthly title without relying on green arrow or batman :
    http://www.comics.org/series/7725/covers/

Fantastic Member

Surprised and not surprised at the cancellations. Swamp Thing, while fantastic, has been known for a while that it was coming to an end due to Soule leaving and hope it comes back at some point. Jesus Saiz better be put on a new book soon afterwards. GI Zombie was a nice little experiment by Gray & Palmiotti that I'm glad it at least existed and will check out the rest of the issues. The Dark line taking a hit like that is surprising with only Justice League Dark and Constantine surviving so hopefully something is in store when things come back for that line. Dropping Trinity of Sin as I was not impressed at all by its first two issues. The new Batbooks mostly staying alive, with Arkham Manor being the only one cut but was expected as it had a very definite finite life compared to the others, is good and hope the teams stay on. Didn't realize the Lantern line was going to be hit hard too. Red Lanterns felt natural and for all intents and purposes felt like it should have ended with Soule. If this is to make way for a weekly Lantern book then it makes sense for eliminating 3 of the 5 Lantern books.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Green Lantern will turn into a weekly, people have been predicting this for a while.
    Turn into, as in the monthly Green Lantern turns into a weekly? Or the Green Lantern franchise gets a weekly as well?

You know what, I'd actually really support the former, however unprecedented it is. I've actually really not like the Earth 2 split between a weekly and monthly title. Eternal has it right by keeping what happens in the weekly in the weekly, but if the past decade of Green Lantern is anything to go by, it won't be able to do the same (unless Hal goes off by himself, of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    I am sure Arkham Manor was planned to only last that long. It did not seem like a long series. I mean it does not seem like an idea that could last forever haha.
    Yeah, I guess that's true. I think I did read somewhere that it was predicted for a short run, so I guess that makes sense.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender