Page 67 of 81 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1214
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Officially Overstreet and the Industry have not recognized the next tier in our "Comic Ages" past Bronze Age at '86.
    I think we all agree that 1986 to Present is a ridiculously long 'era' as the styles are wildly different.

Attachment 66739

Using just that plaque:
    Golden: 1940 - 1956
    Silver: 1956 - 1986
    Bronze: 1986 - 2006
    P.......: 2006 - Present

To keep it simple, our Bronze Age starts about 1970 - 1984/86 depending on your source. Not sure why it's not yet universally nailed down as a date/year for the end of the Bronze Age.

I've seen and participated in this discussion before. Some want to see Bronze as just '70-'80 with a micro age called Copper '80-'86.
    I almost universally see folks agreeing that due to the darker turn in story telling, rise of the anti-hero(Punisher, Lobo, Spawn) and Marvel's Bankruptcy that something like '86 - 2000-ish be The Dark Age. With 2000-ish to Present being the Modern Age.
    There's an issue were Wally, Jay and I think Kyle went to dinner, and Wally said something about "ages" and that people said that an age lasts for around 20 years, and being the end of the 90's, they were in the Dark Age.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

I always thought of 2007 through 2016 as DC's Pissing Everyone Off age. But whatever.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Any Barry fans out there? I read comments about the Flash's latest issue and see a lots of Wally's fans while Barry almost gets no supporters- which makes me incredibly sad. I mean I love both but how underrated Barry is upsets me so much, even his appreciation thread is so small

Quote Originally Posted by Yonekunih View Post
    Any Barry fans out there? I read comments about the Flash's latest issue and see a lots of Wally's fans while Barry almost gets no supporters- which makes me incredibly sad. I mean I love both but how underrated Barry is upsets me so much, even his appreciation thread is so small
    There are a few of us on this forum.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

The latest issue of Flash only works because Wally is acting selfishly and irrationally. If Wally decided to Slow down, realize that Hunter might be manipulating him and then work with some of the many smart people in the DCU to find a solution that doesn't involve blowing-up the speed force, this story would be over quickly and without any unnecessary fights.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

Astonishing Member

People bash Barry because they blame him for Wally getting shafted and not the editors. Barry is actually acting rational but fans are going to ignore that and justify Wally.

Wally fans are unhappy and depressed, and they have every right to be, but despite how it might look on the surface I don't think it's any easier to be a Barry fan.

I see, it's really not easy to be Barry's fan these days, some people just won't give him a chance. Sometimes I just hope Wally can get his own book just so haters can finally leave Barry alone.

Just gimme one happy Flash Family
    Dc_XZGuVwAYMAAc.jpg
    Cre: https://twitter.com/Diro_nff/media

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

The story of Barry's crew cut and how he lost it in the 70s.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

I see, it's really not easy to be Barry's fan these days, some people just won't give him a chance. Sometimes I just hope Wally can get his own book just so haters can finally leave Barry alone.

Just gimme one happy Flash Family
    Dc_XZGuVwAYMAAc.jpg
    Cre: https://twitter.com/Diro_nff/media
    Just missing Jesse, Jay, and Max .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Just missing Jesse, Jay, and Max .
    so sad! I hope they come back soon!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

I'm the opposite, the more Wally's fans whine and blame Barry, the more I don't want Wally to get his own book or his family back.

Ghost of the Stratosphere Not BAMF's Avatar

I have to admit, I don't usually poke in here because I'm a bigger Wally fan than Barry, but I thought you guys might appreciate this: our podcast episode today is Barry-centric. We read and review The Death Of Iris Allen and then debate who would win in a brawl: the Flash's rogues or Spider-Man's. Check it out if you are so inclined.

https://gotstratosphere.com/2018/07/...-18-flash-mob/

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    I'm the opposite, the more Wally's fans whine and blame Barry, the more I don't want Wally to get his own book or his family back.
    No one is going to make you read it. There’s plenty of room for two flash books and it’s absurd that DC hasn’t done this yet.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    No one is going to make you read it. There’s plenty of room for two flash books and it’s absurd that DC hasn’t done this yet.
    I never said I would. I just enjoy seeing them get their comeuppance.