Page 9 of 81 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I am not a Grant Morrison fan. But I am sure that if he wanted to write the Flash, DC would give it to him. Especially in light of the pending tv show and the fact that sales on the book have fallen since Manapul left. He's a proven commodity sales wise. But I would not see it taking place until this whole big event is over though.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Apparently The Flash is Morrison's favourite superhero. I would love to see him take a proper crack at the book (apparently his run during Waid's tenure was mostly written by his co-host, Mark Millar) but it should be on an All Star type of book where he can really do what he wants without having to cater to the New 52 continuity nightmare.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Apparently The Flash is Morrison's favourite superhero. I would love to see him take a proper crack at the book (apparently his run during Waid's tenure was mostly written by his co-host, Mark Millar) but it should be on an All Star type of book where he can really do what he wants without having to cater to the New 52 continuity nightmare.
    I think in the past he's discussed doing it as an Earth One book. And I know Flash at least used to be his favorite superhero, though I don't know if that's the case any more.

If he did it on an ongoing basis, we'd definitely be getting trippy Morrison. From the origin as a comic fan to the cover of Flash #163 to the madness of his Wednesday Comics story to his role in all the reboots, Flash was always the most meta superhero, and Morrison would totally play with that.
    Buh-bye

I don't care for a good 90% of Morrison's work, but that actually sounds like a really awesome idea for a Flash story.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

I'd love a long Flash run (ha ha unintended) from Grant Morrison. If he could bring in some silver age elements just like he did for Batman.
    I'm losing it just thinking about it.

Spectacular Member DetectiveStrange's Avatar

Given how bankable Morrison is, I think this will eventually happen - and I'd be thrilled about it!

As to whether it will be in or out of New 52 continuity, who knows? In the interview from the BC link he mentioned how he had been offered to do a "one-off story" but that he instead wants to do a lot more. I'm guessing when he says a lot more he means more of a proper comic book run than a maxiseries. I might actually like his Flash being in the New 52, as a breath of fresh air in what's been, in my opinion, a pretty homogenous and stale relaunch. Improve the universe from within. Then again, if he would have to deal with too much editorial interference/events shenanigans, I'd definitely rather his run be outside the New52.

For me, the biggest question is what he would do with Wally...

Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveStrange View Post
    Improve the universe from within.
    In a weird way, his Action run seemed the most dedicated to the idea of the 'New 52' of anything else I've read. He was modernizing the basic concepts (Krypto, the Fortress, Krypton, the Champion of the Oppressed angle, Kryptonite) and the villains (Luthor, Metallo, Brainiac, the Phantom Zoners, Mxy), and actively remixing old concepts into entirely new characters and ideas altogether (Superdoom, Nimrod, the Kryptonite villains, Captain Comet and Drekkin). Even his Batman run was purely a continuation of his old material, with elements that directly contradicted the New 52--it was essentially like an alt-skin feature, where it clearly took place in the old DCU but with a New 52 paint job. Action was really him trying to build a more 'realistic' DCU where all his crazy stuff could still fly, and I'd love to see that applied further with a character encompassing such a different set of aspects from Superman.
    Buh-bye

Astonishing Member

Who should be the artist for this hypothetical Morrison run on the Flash? I'd be down for a Morrison/ Paolo Rivera run.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

All-New Member

Morrison/Rivera would be a cool combo. I am a HUGE Morrison fan, and would love to read his take on The Flash.

An another note, I am psyched for the show, and I became convinced that Grant's portrayl of Barry would be great in his first episode of Arrow. Its when hes getting off the train and the camera above/behind him and he checks his watch. And you can tell from his body language hes upset that hes late. It may sound sound silly, but in that moment I was like "They've nailed it."

Everything I have seen for the show so far has increased my excitement level. And a fan of the old show, its awesome to have John Wesley Shipp on board.

Spectacular Member DetectiveStrange's Avatar

Morrison/Rivera would be awesome. I also think Morrison/J G Jones would be great. And - now I doubt this would ever happen - Morrison/Jeff Smith on Flash? Now THAT would be fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveStrange View Post
    I also think Morrison/J G Jones would be great.
    YES. My first thought at hearing the idea for the hard sci-fi take was that if any of Morrison's collaborators was the guy for this, it'd be Jones.
    Buh-bye

That would be pretty amazing. A character like The Flash, who occasionally travels to other times and dimensions, would be perfect for Grant.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see this happen if Grant wants it. DC knows he's guaranteed sales and they're going to want to push the Flash as much as they can what with the show right around the corner.

If Morrison really wants to write it, I wouldn't be surprised if they gave it to him in a couple years after the current run.

I know it won't happen and just an unlikely dream, but imagine a Morrison/Darwyn Cooke creative team But it's more likely that it's with a usual collaborator like Jones.
    Now reading: The Flash (vol. 2) 35-62

Quote Originally Posted by The Flash View Post
    I know it won't happen and just an unlikely dream, but imagine a Morrison/Darwyn Cooke creative team But it's more likely that it's with a usual collaborator like Jones.
    I don't see Jones on anything other than an Earth One deal. No way could that guy hold down a monthly.
    Buh-bye

So it seems there is going to be a Flash/Green Lantern movie coming up in 2017. Is anyone else interested to see how WB plays out a Barry/Hal team up in live action?
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman