Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default The Artist's Touch - Kyle Rayner Appreciation

DC Forum Appreciation Thread rules:

1) No negative comments about the honoree of this thread. It's an appreciation thread, not a non-appreciation one.

2) No negative discussion about any competitors of the honoree of this thread (i.e. John Stewart in the Hal Jordan thread). No ifs, ands, or buts. Find another non-appreciation thread to do that, just not here.

3) No negative comments about other versions of the character. For example, if you like the DCU version of Cyborg, but hate the DCnU version (or visa versa), just appreciate the earlier version and keep your comments about the latter to yourself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The savior of the corps, Ion, Torch-Bearer, he has been called many things during his career but for ya it's just going to be Kyle.

Be.jpg.jpg

Let's show our love.

Kyle is awesome. Out of all the 90's replacement characters, I think he's probably grown the most and become the most interesting due to the less than favorable circumstances of his creation(I love Wally West, but he had a less than stellar last few years). As you can see by my signature, I am a loyal Hal Jordan fan, but am also a huge Kyle fan too. Here's some pics to kick things off!

Last edited by Pharozonk; 05-03-2014 at 08:28 AM.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Who do you guys think would be a good actor to play Kyle in a live action movie?
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

BANNED

Cool pics, i always liked the costume with the bit of white on the chest.

That was a nice touch.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    Who do you guys think would be a good actor to play Kyle in a live action movie?
    Jake Gyllenhaal.

BANNED

Milo Ventimiglia looks the part.

He could make a decent Kyle i think.

Kyle was my fav GL, primarily thanks to the '90s JLA books.

A GL ring is like the ultimate wish-fullfillment device, and to me, it's far more interesting being paired up with an young artist, than a guy that's a fighter jet test pilot.

What I think is important about Kyle is he is significantly younger than other green lanterns so I would like a younger actor to play him like Harry shum Jnr

BANNED

Hmm, that's an interesting point. Is Kyle really all that younger though? He was for quite a long time the new guy sure enough and he probably was still the Benjamin of the Earth GL till Baz came up but "significantly younger", not sure.

Just jumped on board Green Lantern New Guardians with the Annual and am already loving the series. It's right up there with Red Lanterns & Sinestro as the best GL books.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Samedi View Post
    Hmm, that's an interesting point. Is Kyle really all that younger though? He was for quite a long time the new guy sure enough and he probably was still the Benjamin of the Earth GL till Baz came up but "significantly younger", not sure.
    I think it would be good to cast him as about the same age as grant gustin's flash

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Samedi View Post
    I had always thought that Kyle was roughly 10-15 years younger than Hal since Kyle referenced that his friends grew up admiring Hal as kids during their fight on Oa back during Zero Hour.

I had always thought that Kyle was roughly 10-15 years younger than Hal since Kyle referenced that his friends grew up admiring Hal as kids during their fight on Oa back during Zero Hour.
    That seems about right. Kyle is the only Lanterns that has more or less remained the same age since his inception.
    -______
    |____.._|
    -.(-.O-.)
    ..____¯|
    -¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Kyle is, quite litterally, the only reason I read Lantern books. At all.

I hopped on waaaay back when he debuted, and have gone through waves of disinterest in the entire franchise based on his level of involvement in the proceedings. Hahaha.

New Guardians is easily the best of the current Lantern titles (as if that cliffhanger at the end of the annual doesn't put every other Lantern plot to shame!), save perhaps Soule's Red Lanterns (which I'm loving, btw, despite not giving two figs about these characters before).

I like other characters in the Lantern books well enough, but Kyle's the only one I actively care what happens to.

BANNED

Everyone loves a good bromance.

Kyle is, quite litterally, the only reason I read Lantern books. At all.
    Same, i read only GL books with him.
    Last edited by Baron Samedi; 05-06-2014 at 10:23 AM.