Page 31 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Less tweaked:

Also, I really hope they don't make him the "comic relief" character. That's fine for a Saturday Morning cartoon.

Incredible Member

i assume he's probably in his early 20's?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    Less tweaked:

Also, I really hope they don't make him the "comic relief" character. That's fine for a Saturday Morning cartoon.
    I am pretty sure that's the direction they are going in. For some reason Hollywood thinks that The Flash (both Barry and Wally) should be based on the clown in the Justice League cartoon. I'm waiting for my Nolan version of the Flash.

I think any version of the Flash should be lighthearted and fun, if not necessarily as comedy relief, so I hope they don't go too dark for DCCU Flash .

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think any version of the Flash should be lighthearted and fun, if not necessarily as comedy relief, so I hope they don't go too dark for DCCU Flash .
    This. No Flash should be dour -or- dumb....well, unless all the characters are mentally challenged in a comedy piece. Would like how Barry was in JLA: Year one where there was some humorous and serious moments in turn.

That photoshop of Miller looks freaky. I'm not sure why...maybe because the face doesn't fit the body? He's got Barry-like hair, but the expression is wrong?
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

i agree. the flash's power set and barry's personality seem best suited for adventurous, lighthearted, thrilling stories.

Astonishing Member

BANNED

Depends on how you classify lighthearted and fun. I find that too much of what passes for 'lighthearted' and 'fun' in current American tv and cinema is just puerile and adolescent. That's not how I want to see the Flash (at least the Barry Allen version) portrayed. I don't think we need anymore men-children on screen who have no respect and have a need to shame themselves.
    Last edited by Mia; 03-04-2015 at 12:48 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    Depends on how you classify lighthearted and fun. I find that too much of what passes for 'lighthearted' and 'fun' in current American tv and cinema is just puerile and adolescent. That's not how I want to see the Flash (at least the Barry Allen version) portrayed. I don't think we need anymore men-children on screen who have no respect and have a need to shame themselves.
    that's true. a lot of sit-coms on tv are just absurd and dumb. they have their moment, i'll give that.

the flash can be fun and smart and witty and enjoyable.

Incredible Member

this is soooo funny. i didn't know there was a flash animated series way back in the 60's.

BANNED

I really hope that Ezra Miller is playing Barry Allen. I'll be incredibly pissed if he was the other one. I feel like Allen should get as much attention as possible, to make up for the years he's been gone. WB not announcing what Flash he'll play has me very nervous.

Astonishing Member

i would rather have the movie follow yj. introduce barry as the flash, then wally as kid flash, then jay as a speedster in a mentor role and bart as impulse.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/th...18-1201330654/
    The report mentions Barry Allen, so I think it's a safe bet that Barry will be DCCU Flash .

I have no doubts both Barry and Hal will be in the JL movies. Barry and Hal are being used as part of JL in all media including theme park rides to avoid confusing customers with the multiple versions of the past.

BANNED

Who said Hal was? They could go for John if they wanted too.