Page 4 of 81 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

I thought this would be a good place to discuss this.

How do you guys feel about Grant Gustin's portrayal of Barry? Did you enjoy it? Do you like the costume? Are you psyched for the Flash pilot?

"In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    I thought this would be a good place to discuss this.

How do you guys feel about Grant Gustin's portrayal of Barry? Did you enjoy it? Do you like the costume? Are you psyched for the Flash pilot?

We'll need to wait for the show to actually premiere before we can really offer any meaningful observations, but as for the suit...it looks too *leathery*. I've never thought of the Flash suit being leathery in texture.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

I agree that the suit does look a little too leathery. I guess the producers feel spandex would make the character look too silly.

I personally enjoyed Gustin's take on the character in this season of Arrow. Sure I would have preferred that they made him blonde, but he was likable and fun to see on screen.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

BANNED

How do you guys feel about Grant Gustin's portrayal of Barry? Did you enjoy it?
    I was very disappointed and embarrassed. I wasn’t expecting a verbatim characterisation from the book. But I did expect him to behave like a 20 something guy who lives in North America who at least tries to behave like an adult male. As it was I found him to be very immature and childish and unprofessional,….hardly convincing for someone who is supposed to be a CSI (or work at a police department). I honest to goodness hope that the characterisation has been tweaked for the pilot. Barry deserves much better.

Do you like the costume?
    Looks way too much like Ben Affleck as Daredevil. I would have preferred that they had used a compression suit. Similar to what speed-skaters wear. But it’s not a deal breaker for me. The plot and performance will be what counts.

Amazing Member

Barry Allen to me (nu Barry Allen especially) is the middle class ideal: bright urban professional, positive, energetic, and a good person. He reminds me of various twenty/thirty-something year old friends and co-workers I admire.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by I.Strange View Post
    Barry Allen to me (nu Barry Allen especially) is the middle class ideal: bright urban professional, positive, energetic, and a good person. He reminds me of various twenty/thirty-something year old friends and co-workers I admire.
    Very well said (I think I'll use this as a signature). I find Barry, the pre-52 Dick Grayson and the pre BND Peter Parker to be like that. That to me is their true heroism. It takes strength and courage to live bravely, serve others and live with a positive attitude.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    It takes strength and courage to live bravely, serve others and live with a positive attitude.
    Also well said. I like that.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    We'll need to wait for the show to actually premiere before we can really offer any meaningful observations, but as for the suit...it looks too *leathery*. I've never thought of the Flash suit being leathery in texture.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Ech. Not great.

Why not go the Spider-man route? They're somewhat similar costumes and the Spidey costume looks pretty great on screen.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Justice League 3000 (2013-) 005-011.jpg

Batman saying what we are all thinking, right.

Looking foward to the series the costume looks better than i though it would.

Justice League 3000 Barry
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mighty Member

I agree that the suit does look a little too leathery. I guess the producers feel spandex would make the character look too silly.

I personally enjoyed Gustin's take on the character in this season of Arrow. Sure I would have preferred that they made him blonde, but he was likable and fun to see on screen.
    You need to take into account the actor's build. I've met Grant... a spandex/or compression suit would look very silly on him. He is a very skinny dude... not very muscular at all.
    Last edited by FlashEarthOne; 05-09-2014 at 05:21 AM.

Ultimate Member

http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/cw-s...in-messengers/

It's official, the series is coming. iZombie and Constantine also got picked up. As for the above question. I really like Gustin as Barry. The costume is, acceptable.

I like the new suit
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    Looks way too much like Ben Affleck as Daredevil. I would have preferred that they had used a compression suit. Similar to what speed-skaters wear. But it’s not a deal breaker for me. The plot and performance will be what counts.
    I saw many posts saying this
    The cowl reminds me of Captain America's movie cowl more than DareDevil's though
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/cw-s...in-messengers/

It's official, the series is coming. iZombie and Constantine also got picked up. As for the above question. I really like Gustin as Barry. The costume is, acceptable.
    I like Gustin as Barry as well... although I do wish they would have dyed his hair blonde. Although I'm guessing that it might have looked odd on him.

BANNED

I don't have high hopes for the show at all because the folks at Arrow is behind it.