Page 60 of 81 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast

https://comicsverse.com/flash-38-exclusive-preview/

Joshua Williamson has been ramping-up his promotion of Flash War today on Twitter.

Whatever happens. Happens TheNomadicOne's Avatar

Speaking of Flash War, I wonder how much this will change the status quo as promised.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNomadicOne View Post
    Speaking of Flash War, I wonder how much this will change the status quo as promised.
    I think Williamson is going to use Flash War to bring back a lot of Pre-Flashpoint characters, plots, and continuity which would change the current status quo because Williamson would add what he brings back into his stories.

BANNED

Thank you FlashFreak and phantom1592 for where to begin. I just finished Showcase #4 and it felt rather pleasant to read. I read Flash Rebirth a while ago and while I liked it initially, after reading some Wally West Flash, I started not liking the idea of Barry being the generator to the speed force. It's kind of like when Star Wars introduced midichlorians.

Anyways back to Barry Allen, what drew me towards him as a character is similar to my favorite superhero, Superman, he is humble, kind, and somewhat down to earth. I guess I was raised more traditional where the simplicities of life are what makes life worth living, but I actually really like Barry's personality because he reminds me of myself and some other people as with all of the Flashes.
    I fell in love with Barry after seeing him in the Flashpoint: Paradox animated film. The script was penned by Jim Krieg who I think was mostly influenced by the 60's Flash. I liked it because Barry is cerebral yet still masculine. He's like Bruce Wayne/Batman without the chest thumping alpha male act. Phillip Winchester and James Norton or Matt Bomer would be my ideal for a Flash/Barry Allen if they were doing an accurate book Barry Allen (not the Peter Parker knock off that appears on the tv show).

I am glad that you are getting into the Flash. I just dropped the book because I find Williamson boring as a writer and couldn't stand that his idea of Iris as a 'strong' woman is an angry shrew. I would recommend that you look for Showcase Presents Trial Of The Flash TP. It's out of print and very pricey with online book sellers. But maybe DC will do a re-print.

BANNED

Things I'm Expecting:

- Hunter Zolomon and/or Wally's kids having something to do with start of the 'War.'
    - The return of Bart Allen and Jay Garrick.

Things I'm Hoping For:

- A full restoration of the Flash Family's history, Barry's included.
    - The return of every last member of the Flash Family.

Wildcards:
    - The actual return of Wally's kids. I know I shouldn't put too much stock into it, but I can't get over Williamson's reaction when I asked him about them.
    - Wally becomes the main Flash. Primarily because it's the only thing that would be a surprise. If Barry 'wins', okay, everyone's gonna see that coming because he's the one the company backs and if they bring in Jay as the winner as a cop out, that's also rather predictable.

Any and all of this that happens would of course affect the Flash book and its status quo.

Astonishing Member

I imagine that by the end of Flash War, Wally 1 will re-establish a civilian life for himself, re-connect with Iris and reveal his identity to Wally 2.

I don't expect a proper return for Bart just yet, but maybe a cameo or foreshadowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    I fell in love with Barry after seeing him in the Flashpoint: Paradox animated film. The script was penned by Jim Krieg who I think was mostly influenced by the 60's Flash. I liked it because Barry is cerebral yet still masculine. He's like Bruce Wayne/Batman without the chest thumping alpha male act. Phillip Winchester and James Norton or Matt Bomer would be my ideal for a Flash/Barry Allen if they were doing an accurate book Barry Allen (not the Peter Parker knock off that appears on the tv show).

I am glad that you are getting into the Flash. I just dropped the book because I find Williamson boring as a writer and couldn't stand that his idea of Iris as a 'strong' woman is an angry shrew. I would recommend that you look for Showcase Presents Trial Of The Flash TP. It's out of print and very pricey with online book sellers. But maybe DC will do a re-print.
    Damn I really liked the flashpoint paradox movie haha. It's gonna be interesting reading silver age flash, since I'm so used to Barry Parker :P but I think if it wasn't for the show, I wouldn't be here. So I just take it with stride.

Now I haven't read Williamsons run, but it does make my eyes roll with the whole Iris isn't talking crap. I miss it when you have a love interest that isn't so stubborn all the time (in fact I find it very refreshing and I'm honestly sick of relationship drama.)

I've heard about trial of the flash, that's the one there gonna do later in the Flash tv show.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Things I'm Expecting:

- Hunter Zolomon and/or Wally's kids having something to do with start of the 'War.'

Things I'm Hoping For:

Wildcards:
    - The actual return of Wally's kids. I know I shouldn't put too much stock into it, but I can't get over Williamson's reaction when I asked him about them.
    - Wally becomes the main Flash. Primarily because it's the only thing that would be a surprise. If Barry 'wins', okay, everyone's gonna see that coming because he's the one the company backs and if they bring in Jay as the winner as a cop out, that's also rather predictable.

Any and all of this that happens would of course affect the Flash book and its status quo.
    I would bloody love Zoom to come back. I actually want him in Titans one day to literally teach them about tragedy. I agree with mostly everything here, but I want Barry AND Wally be the main flash. Wally in Keystone while Barry stays in Central City.

I also hope that Flash family becomes much bigger in the future. Have Max and the quicks come back, even bring future flashes like Danica Williams (Flash beyond would be interesting) Or John Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I imagine that by the end of Flash War, Wally 1 will re-establish a civilian life for himself, re-connect with Iris and reveal his identity to Wally 2.

I don't expect a proper return for Bart just yet, but maybe a cameo or foreshadowing.
    Is it weird that I would like Bar Tor to pitch up still, along with Bart?

Amazing Member

I grew up with the Justice League animated show, so Wally was my Flash. I'm trying to get more into Barry's comics. Any recommendations?

BANNED

I would bloody love Zoom to come back. I actually want him in Titans one day to literally teach them about tragedy.
    Can we not bring back the trend of the Titans being canon fodder that constantly die and have loved ones die? Cause that really pisses me off.

I agree with mostly everything here, but I want Barry AND Wally be the main flash. Wally in Keystone while Barry stays in Central City.
    See I'm with you there, but that would require DC to launch another Flash book.

even bring future flashes like Danica Williams (Flash beyond would be interesting) Or John Fox.
    Can't say I care about either of them, but Jenni Ognats is one of my favorite DC heroes and I always think of her as part of the 'main' Flash Family, unlike the others from the future.

Is it weird that I would like Bar Tor to pitch up still, along with Bart?
    I won't hold it against you that you want that abomination around.

Mighty Member

Things I'm Expecting:

Things I'm Hoping For:

Wildcards:

The kids being the start of things could be the case. Perhaps Wally remembers his kids and is ready to do whatever it takes to get them back. Barry, having gone through something similar with his mother and seeing what a terrible things resulted, is against doing so. Hence, conflict between them.

This may be heresy, but personally, I'd kind of rather see Iris and Jai come back than Jay and Bart. I love Jay and Bart, but I guess what it comes down to is that those two were used much more effectively. Wally's kids had great potential, but weren't really used to that potential. I want to see them used as effectively as I believe they can be. Plus, I really want to see Iris hang out with Jon and Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by JudasFanny616 View Post
    I grew up with the Justice League animated show, so Wally was my Flash. I'm trying to get more into Barry's comics. Any recommendations?
    Go back one or two pages

Can we not bring back the trend of the Titans being canon fodder that constantly die and have loved ones die? Cause that really pisses me off.

Hey man it's just an idea lol. But regardless I still want Zoom

See I'm with you there, but that would require DC to launch another Flash book.

I mean I would be happy with that but yeah true. Though I think they could do it with how they did Wonder Woman at the beginning. One issue is Barry and the other Wally

Can't say I care about either of them, but Jenni Ognats is one of my favorite DC heroes and I always think of her as part of the 'main' Flash Family, unlike the others from the future.

I honestly completely forgot about Jenni Ognats. I don't know I would love a larger flash family, especially since characters like Batman have Batman beyond and such.

I won't hold it against you that you want that abomination around.
    Now what I mean with Bar Tor is give him a different direction. I mean as much as everyone hates him, he did feel like wasted potential.

(I just realized that some of my answers are on the quote. Oops)

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    The kids being the start of things could be the case. Perhaps Wally remembers his kids and is ready to do whatever it takes to get them back. Barry, having gone through something similar with his mother and seeing what a terrible things resulted, is against doing so. Hence, conflict between them.

This may be heresy, but personally, I'd kind of rather see Iris and Jai come back than Jay and Bart. I love Jay and Bart, but I guess what it comes down to is that those two were used much more effectively. Wally's kids had great potential, but weren't really used to that potential. I want to see them used as effectively as I believe they can be. Plus, I really want to see Iris hang out with Jon and Damian.
    What about the Tornado twins?