Page 7 of 81 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    Ah Thanks for the response dude! Now in the third issue, wasn't Wally West supposed to return?
    Yeah the third annual shows his first appearance in the New 52

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    Ah Thanks for the response dude! Now in the third issue, wasn't Wally West supposed to return?
    Not this issue, and not the way I believed
    spoilers:
    Wally is a kid Barry finds doing some graffiti, and young Wally is mad at the Flash
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by The Flash View Post
    Yeah the third annual shows his first appearance in the New 52
    Actually his first appearance is in issue 30, the third annual is between issues 30 & 31spoilers:
    Wally dies from an accident at the start of issue 30, in a flashforward
    end of spoilers
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnXsnR-2AvU

Well Barry fans, what do you think of this? The speed effects are definitely top notch for a TV show and Barry's dorkiness is being played up so I'm liking what I'm seeing so far.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

It definitely seems like he's having fun being a superhero which is a good sign. I still have problems with the costume but it looks better now that I've seen it in action a bit.
    But are you the only metal that's liquid at room temperature?

Ultimate Member

Two things:

1. The costume looks better in motion.

2. The speed effects look quite good, especially for a TV show budget.

As for Barry, I like him. It certainly provides a nice contrast for the dark and brooding Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by teej View Post
    It definitely seems like he's having fun being a superhero which is a good sign. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Two things:

1. The costume looks better in motion.

2. The speed effects look quite good, especially for a TV show budget.

As for Barry, I like him. It certainly provides a nice contrast for the dark and brooding Oliver.
    Yes I love nerdy goofball enthusiasm, and that he's not the dark tortured character condemned with his power, but someone with absolute zeal, who will relish in doing what he thinks is right.

And that's not to say he won't have obstacles and pain, there are foibles in thinking you can be everywhere and help everyone, but that's Barry Allen.

I still have problems with the costume but it looks better now that I've seen it in action a bit.
    Yeah hopefully they rework it/refine it some, now that the show is a definite go!
    Last edited by Güicho; 05-14-2014 at 09:47 PM.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnXsnR-2AvU

Well Barry fans, what do you think of this? The speed effects are definitely top notch for a TV show and Barry's dorkiness is being played up so I'm liking what I'm seeing so far.
    That's Barry Allen...that's FLASH.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

It definitely seems like he's having fun being a superhero which is a good sign. I still have problems with the costume but it looks better now that I've seen it in action a bit.
    It's hard to tell the context since it was a promo trailer. But I always considered Barry's desire to be the Flash as a willingness to serve others. Gustin's Flash looked as if it were all about him and showing off. I guess it's why someone mentioned on another board that this 'Flash' is far more similar to Impulse/Bart Allen than Barry Allen.

Two things:

I will agree, that even I find Oliver's 'brooding' to be a turn off at times. I often watching Arrow I have to remind myself that he's suffering from PTSD. But I would have preferred less enthusiasm from Gustin. It is possible to portray a character more light and laid back than reducing him to a kid on a sugar high. I might not have been bothered by the characterisation if he was a teenager. But this guy is supposed to be a college graduate and a professional. So I find his immaturity to be a turn off.
    Last edited by Mia; 05-15-2014 at 09:55 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    It's hard to tell the context since it was a promo trailer. But I always considered Barry's desire to be the Flash as a willingness to serve others. Gustin's Flash looked as if it were all about him and showing off. I guess it's why someone mentioned on another board that this 'Flash' is far more similar to Impulse/Bart Allen than Barry Allen.
    Since this promo aired during Arrow I think they filmed it with the idea of contrasting Arrow's tortured character with Barry's optimism, so they cranked Barry's enthusiasm up a few notches than it will normally be portrayed in the show. If you read the extended official description of the show, they make it clear that his primary motivation is helping people.

Ultimate Member

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=100142

Five minute extended trailer. Also, Oliver will appear in the pilot (Barry apparently goes to him for advice). I think that they're setting GA up to be the "Batman" of this universe (since they're almost certainly not going to use Batman himself). GA will be the one that people go to for advice/to run things by (like Batman sometimes is in the comics).

Astonishing Member

Five minute extended trailer. Also, Oliver will appear in the pilot (Barry apparently goes to him for advice). I think that they're setting GA up to be the "Batman" of this universe (since they're almost certainly not going to use Batman himself). GA will be the one that people go to for advice/to run things by (like Batman sometimes is in the comics).
    Oh. My. God. This looks so freaking awesome. Theres a Spider-man 1 feeling to this show. I really really liked it. If there are better special effects and higher budget, it could literally go on par with the first Spider-Man trilogy.

Awe that was awesome! "...I think it chose you, ...cause you can inspire people."
    I love Barry Allen.
    Last edited by Güicho; 05-15-2014 at 10:19 AM.

It looks fantastic!

And John Wesley Shipp confirmed as Barry's dad!

Mighty Member

That trailer was awesome!

Ultimate Member

Also, Weather Wizard as the villain.