Page 8 of 81 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnXsnR-2AvU

Well Barry fans, what do you think of this? The speed effects are definitely top notch for a TV show and Barry's dorkiness is being played up so I'm liking what I'm seeing so far.
    I'm excited for the series now. Really looking forward to it now. Agreed about the speed effects I think they're really well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Two things:

1. The costume looks better in motion.

2. The speed effects look quite good, especially for a TV show budget.

As for Barry, I like him. It certainly provides a nice contrast for the dark and brooding Oliver.
    1. I like the costume even when it's not in motion but I do agree it looks better when in motion.
    2. Agreed.

Also agree about Barry in contrast to Ollie I think we need that to make it more distinguishable (is that how you spell it?) from Arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    That trailer was awesome!
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I'm excited for the series now. Really looking forward to it now. Agreed about the speed effects I think they're really well done.
    Love it!

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Barry fan since seeing him during the late '60s on Saturday mornings on CBS. Looking forward to the new show this Fall!
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Love it!
    Love it, love it, LOVE IT!!

I am searching high & low for a screen capture of the blurred image of Professor Zoom from this trailer. It literally gave me chills seeing that bright yellow costume with those menacing blackened eyes.

I must have a shot of Professor Zoom A.S.A.P.!!

By the way, I trust I'm not the only one to notice that the gold parts of Flash's costume *GLOW* when he moves at super-speed...which really makes the gold lines, insignia and wing tips pop against the dark red costume. Very appealing to see the golden glow on his costume as he uses his powers; it stands out, grabs your attention and lingers in your memory.

The men and women doing CGI on this show seem off to a fantastic start!
    Last edited by Blackest Knight; 05-15-2014 at 02:31 PM.

Big thanks to poster Lone Necromancer for sharing this screen capture!

Ladies and gentlemen...here is our first live-action TV show glimpse of Professor Zoom!

I know it's not much...but I don't care! Zoom is here--YES!

I read the N52 Flash here and there, and I'm insanely excited for the new show. What's up?

BANNED

Love me some Barry Allen, him and Hal are my 2 favorite heroes and it's been a shame that I haven't been able to enjoy their monthly comics since the new 52. But on a brighter note i'm hoping that big things are in store for the character with this tv show which i'm not sold on but whatever. Great job with the thread guys, keep on appreciating one of the great heroes in all of comics.

BANNED

Let's hope they don't ruin the Rogues but looking at Weather Wizard...................

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=100142

Five minute extended trailer. Also, Oliver will appear in the pilot (Barry apparently goes to him for advice). I think that they're setting GA up to be the "Batman" of this universe (since they're almost certainly not going to use Batman himself). GA will be the one that people go to for advice/to run things by (like Batman sometimes is in the comics).
    Way better than what we're getting in the comics recently. And I never even watch Arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Neowing View Post
    Let's hope they don't ruin the Rogues but looking at Weather Wizard...................
    Yeah, I'm hoping Weather Wizard gets a better costume as the show progresses.

To be honest, I'm still in shock at how awesome it's going to be to see Professor Zoom on the screen.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Way better than what we're getting in the comics recently. And I never even watch Arrow.
    What? The current Green Arrow comic rocks.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Barry isn't exactly my Flash, but I still enjoy the character. I'm very excited for his new show.

BANNED

I have a question. In Flashpoint why did Zoom kill Barry's mother?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    I have a question. In Flashpoint why did Zoom kill Barry's mother?
    Short answer, because Zoom hates Barry and wants him to suffer, but cannot kill him without wiping himself out of existence.

Long answer, in the 25th century Zoom grew up as a crazy fanboy of The Flash. He had his appearance altered to look like Barry, he became a scientist so he could reproduce the accident that gave Barry his powers, and murdered an antique collector who owned the Cosmic Treadmill so he could use it to go to the past and meet his hero. He ended up in The Flash Museum, and while wandering around the exhibits he discovered that Barry Allen eventually kills him when he tries to murder his bride-to-be on his wedding day. Feeling betrayed by his hero, he dedicates his life to making The Flash suffer, which eventually leads him to committing the act that caused Barry to kill him. Basically, he is a crazy stalker fanboy.

Metal Woman

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Another fan piped up recently--Grant Morrison's mentioned he'd love to have a long run on the character, which is something he's talked about before:

"The Flash is the only one left that I would still do. If I’m gonna do the Flash, I want to do it as a science-fiction story like The Incredible Shrinking Man or Stephen King’s Thinner, or The Fly, where you basically take a scientist and then subject him to a very simple equation. For Barry Allen, he’d just be getting faster and faster and faster — and what would that mean? Because somewhere up there is the speed of light, and when you hit the speed of light, basically all time stops and it’s the end. That’s the limit. So we’re watching this guy progress through it, faster and faster. By the end of Act 1, his clothes are burning off every time he moves, so he has to build himself a suit, and then he paints the suit red like a Ferrari and is just speeding around like he’s on coke all the time! I want to do that as a sci-fi story, but out of it comes the familiar image of the Flash. I think that’d be totally different, just taking it from a different angle."
    Buh-bye