Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

It's completely nostalgia based, but I don't like this move as a fan of the history of comics. NYC just seems like it should forever remain the central hub of big comics publishing. This of course has nothing to do with the realities of WB today and the corporate synergy thing, but I still don't like it.

Hopefully they threw money at him till he said yes. Good move by DC.

Fantastic news is fantastic.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingsLeadHat View Post
    It's completely nostalgia based, but I don't like this move as a fan of the history of comics. NYC just seems like it should forever remain the central hub of big comics publishing. This of course has nothing to do with the realities of WB today and the corporate synergy thing, but I still don't like it.
    That really does sound nostalgia based, not to mention I don't understand how this is anything to get mad about.

Astonishing Member

Yeah my dream as a creator, writer and artist has always been "Make it big, go to New York" so I have to say it is a bit nostalgia-based. I mean the Tonight Show comes back to us, but DC moves? The eff?

It's quite pleasant to see DC making big overtures for an Editor gig. Fans like him. Writers like him. Hardcore online forum nerd critics like me like him! The Age of Doyle.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Yeah my dream as a creator, writer and artist has always been "Make it big, go to New York" so I have to say it is a bit nostalgia-based. I mean the Tonight Show comes back to us, but DC moves? The eff?

It's quite pleasant to see DC making big overtures for an Editor gig. Fans like him. Writers like him. Hardcore online forum nerd critics like me like him! The Age of Doyle.
    Yeah man, guess I won't be working in the DC offices ever- which blows.

No way I'd ever leave NYC for LA, not a shot in hell.

Astonishing Member

I wonder how long it will be until Disney pulls Marvel over to bing a bong a bong Burbank.

BANNED

Best news.

BANNED

Doyle got rid of the cancellation magnets Nocenti/Gluckstern on Catwoman and finally picked a decent team for Selina.

Glad to see him stay on.

So he's off to the other side of the coast? Man, that's going to be a long distance relationship with his wife...

Incredible Member

Great news. Maybe the plan is to let him run DC editorial if the Batman line continues to sell critically and is a hit with the fans for the next several months.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Considering the phenomenal job he has done with Batman and the fact that DC will be using the Batman Family as a template for all their other families of books, there was little doubt that DC would not pursue Doyle with nothing but their best effort.

Astonishing Member

I live in Manhattan and I love it; it's a perfect fit, and a dream. I've lived all over the world, from Manila to Istanbul to Buenos Aires and everywhere in between, and New York is a city that has a lot going for it, my favorite city in the world.

But LA gets a bad rep, from my experience and from the people I've met from there. Yes, there is one portion of it that is very superficial, but there are also some very real people, and here in New York my friends in the writing and artist community are telling me that they think LA is where 'it' is happening, at least in the states, right now. New York has priced itself out a lot of the poorer struggling artists, and LA is much cheaper, has a great youthful energy, and is very friendly and welcoming. Growing up you're much more encouraged to live a healthy, active lifestyle there too, something to consider if you've got kids.

Anyway, thrilled with this news. Hope Doyle and his wife are happy.

Astonishing Member

Yeah I can't complain too much about gentrification because I'm a part of that, but in a city like NYC, it suffocates culture, and the whole bohemian artist culture/scene gets replaced with hipster college grads.

BANNED

Great news. I'm genuinely surprised, didn't think this had a hope of happening.