Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

One of my all time favorite characters. I was LOVING what Dini was doing with the character. His Villain special was glorious. Thank you for making this appreciation thread. I also joined you on facebook and added your website to my favorites.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 05-16-2014 at 04:05 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
    One of my all time favorite characters. I was LOVING what Dini was doing with the character. His Villain special was glorious. Thank you for making this appreciation thread. I also joined you on facebook and added your website to my favorites.
    Thank you kindly sir

I agree totally with what people are saying with regards to Batman: TAS, was a fantastic version.

I think Cory Michael Smith in Gotham has the potential to be a great too.

Spectacular Member

And because we dont have too many images in the thread yet, here is an awesome fan art done by Red Trujillo

Frank Gorshwin-I have to give him credit for making the role his own even though I am not really a fan of the goofiness.

Sean Astin-No idea on this one

Jim Carrey-I am torn on this one. On one hand I see bits of greatness in the performance (it wasn't bad) but again the goofiness kind of killed it for me.

John Glover- THIS is the voice of the Riddler in my head. All three BTAS episodes with him in it are GREAT.

Robert Englund-I hate The Batman series but honestly the only episodes I watch regularly are the Riddler ones. Englund plays almost a Marilyn Manson version of the Riddler but it somehow works. Surprisingly good stuff. Plus the Riddler is more threatening than Joker or Penguin (see the last episode of Season two I believe).

Mighty Member

And who thinks even on TAS Glover's riddler looks like the actor?

Spectacular Member

Greg Capullo Riddler Figure from DC Comics NEW Designer Series.

Looks fantastic.

Incredible Member

riddler05-1334302061.jpg

I loved The Riddler in the final scenes of Hush. I really thought that this was going to be a big build up for the character, but seems like they dropped the ball. I love what they are doing in the Zero Year story line. Loved the character in BTAS and The Batman.

That was my favorite part of Hush.

He's an amazing character and one of the most underrated Batman villains, I think. Here is an excellent article by Chris Sims from Comics Alliance underlying why The Riddler best accentuates "The World's Greatest Detective" aspect of Batman out of all his villains, and how he's seldom used to his fullest potential: http://comicsalliance.com/ask-chris-101-the-riddler/

Spectacular Member

Batman: Arkham Knight and Riddler Screenshot.

I haven't actually played any of these games as only consoles in my house since my PS2 have been Nintendo's as my son is addicted to Mario.

Contemplating getting one just to try this trilogy of Arkham games out though.

18744.jpg

Spectacular Member

Cant wait to see Cory's take on Nygma, think he is going to be brilliant.

And how awesome is this tie.

Quote Originally Posted by The Riddle Factory View Post
    Greg Capullo Riddler Figure from DC Comics NEW Designer Series.

Looks fantastic.

I just bought two of these. One for me the other for my brother who is a HUGE Riddler fan as well. They really are awesome.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I just bought two of these. One for me the other for my brother who is a HUGE Riddler fan as well. They really are awesome.
    i collect Riddler things (toys, clothes, cards etc) and am waiting as i don't bother keeping them in boxes and stuff, will get one eventually though.

Spectacular Member

My fave bat villain. Apart from the "Ft Riddler & Two Face" collection there isn't much of the old Riddler classics available, which is a shame.

Conversation Hitcher

We like imagining Edward Nygma being placed in odd situations and coming up with tricky and cunning 'solutions.'

Life is full of riddles: "Boston (Massachusetts) is a city with a pedestrianism-paved park, but San Francisco (California) features a pedestrianism-friendly trolley, so which city is more grateful?"

The Riddler boasts about the dark side of life's ironic competitions; and in his question-mark accented costume, the Riddler confounds the simplicity of conversation.

The Riddler's reply: "Boston is more school-rich (than San Francisco), but Gotham is more paranoid (than San Francisco and Boston), so which is more resourceful?"