People might call this story grim dark or some other phrase but I enjoyed this; you wouldn't think that horror and Superman could be a good mix but this fit pretty well in my opinion. The creature sort of reminded me of the alien from The Thing or IT but taken in a different direction.

I really don't care for narration boxes most of the time but I thought they worked very well for this story. A lot of it is because Superman himself is very confused about the situation but at the same time he' trying to put on a brave front and not appear unsure of himself so everyone else will be at ease.

Kuder and Quintana on art was good. We talk a lot about his monster designs and how creative they are but I think the way the characters express themselves is beginning to rival that as my favorite aspect of this series. The entire scene in the house when John and Martha are talking to Superman and the part where he flips out at the end stand out as well as Lana's expression at then end. Though I did enjoy all the creatures he drew a great deal.

My only question is why did the Takahara and the rest attack Superman instead of just asking for help?

I honestly wouldn't mind more horror Supes stories.

Edit: Didn't see the review thread.