Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Lois has suffered because they are pushing her out to showcase Wonder Woman. Because Lois was crafted to be a great love interest, WW pales. It furthers the focus on Superman's relationships with only masks, not normal citizens. But its what Didio wants right now and I was sad to not see the book on the chopping block. A writer who really likes the character and wants to write about Lois or Jimmy could do wonders. But would they be allowed to?

Incredible Member

For whatever reason DC doesn't respect Lois. Geoff Johns wrote a lois story that was suppose to run in March, now it has been replaced by a Romita story featuring Supes. They don't seem to be listening to the fans that want Lois to be relevant agan!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brucekent12 View Post
    For whatever reason DC doesn't respect Lois. Geoff Johns wrote a lois story that was suppose to run in March, now it has been replaced by a Romita story featuring Supes. They don't seem to be listening to the fans that want Lois to be relevant agan!
    Lois Lane is a better character than Wonder Woman. Thought crime, I know. You can't push a WW/Superman romance and have Lois be a big part of the story, because she will outshine WW.

Quote Originally Posted by brucekent12 View Post
    I do remember that story being teased.

"Johns is also writing "Superman" with John Romita Jr. on art, and the book is trying to focus more on the man than the super. "John's so good at illustrating power, but he's also good at illustrating emotion," said Johns. "We're going to do three big things to Superman that will send him off in another direction. One they've never done before. … Coming up, we have a lot of new villains." Issue #40 will be a "Lois Lane issue" and they're going to be celebrating her birthday. The next storyline will feature Romita drawing a lot of characters he's never drawn." (Source)

Editor Eddie Berganza even alluded to it to mollify Lois fans' concerns in a Superman Homepage Q&A. So if it's been cast aside, never to see the light of day, DC has lost even more of my respect and trust; their promises and assurances are as flimsy as tissue paper. What a nightmare!
    Last edited by misslane; 12-18-2014 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kandor Rising View Post
    Lois Lane is a better character than Wonder Woman. Thought crime, I know. You can't push a WW/Superman romance and have Lois be a big part of the story, because she will outshine WW.
    In which way is Lois a better character than Wondy? I would say they're different characters not that one is better than the other. If you write both characters well non will outshine the other. imo. As a matter of fact Wondy would outshine Lois cause she (Diana) was conceived to be a main character (as star) while Lois is a supporting character.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    In which way is Lois a better character than Wondy? I would say they're different characters not that one is better than the other. If you write both characters well non will outshine the other. imo. As a matter of fact Wondy would outshine Lois cause she (Diana) was conceived to be a main character (as star) while Lois is a supporting character.
    I think he means in context to Superman and who he is dating. Lois is shown having a very big role in the stories than due to her being his traditional love interest the fans and writers would be drawn to pair Clark and Lois together.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dangleo61288 View Post
    I think he means in context to Superman and who he is dating. Lois is shown having a very big role in the stories than due to her being his traditional love interest the fans and writers would be drawn to pair Clark and Lois together.
    No I mean in general. WW is pretty bland, inconsistent and some of the gender politics surrounding the perception are worrying to me. Her comic is blah for the most part, but she can be decent in Justice League stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Kandor Rising View Post
    Completely your opinion, and not at all fact.

Lois Lane is (IMHO) the single greatest beta character in all of fiction.

Wonder Woman is (again, IMHO) one of the greatest alpha characters in all of fiction (a much more demanding field of contenders).

Not fair to compare the two, as they have vastly different roles and responsibilities.

To use a basketball analogy (hey, I like both sports and comix, so screw your false dichotomy of nerd vs jock), Lois Lane is like Scottie Pippen while Wonder Woman is like Hakeem Olajuwon. One served to enhance and complement another, greater figure (here, Michael Jordan = Superman), the other is saddled with shouldering an inconsistent supporting cast (Hakeem played with no other all-stars on his team when he won his first NBA championship). Scottie got all his success (6 championship rings) due to assisting a much more popular player. Hakeem's success (2 championship rings) was largely due to himself primarily. There are very few sports fans who think Scottie Pippen is greater than Hakeem Olajuwon, despite Scottie having more championships in his career. Likewise, there are comparatively few comix fans who think Lois Lane is greater than Wonder Woman, despite Lois appearing in more media over the years.

Anyhoo, back on topic:

Lois Lane should have her own rogues gallery within the Superverse.

These should be largely human characters, the likes of which Superman is not really adept at dealing with, who mostly live in Metropolis. Morgan Edge should be her arch-nemesis. Maybe bring back and revamp Butch Mason (from Action Comics #1, vol 1 in 1938). Lois should also deal with characters like Slam Bradley, Commissioner Bill Henderson, the Thorn and the Guardian Jim Harper.

Lois Lane should also have her own sub-supporting cast within the Superverse.

There's already her family: sis Lucy Lane, dad Sam Lane and I really think they should bring back mom Ella Lane. They need to either ramp it up with this John Carroll character or dump him completely, maybe give Lois a new boyfriend ... what about Pete Ross? He's not with Lana as she's now with John Henry Irons. Or is Lois x Pete somehow too incestuous for Superverse fans? Whoever it is, it should be a pre-existing character ... Jose Delgado (Gangbuster) maybe? What's his status in the New52?

Also, Lois needs a dedicated sidekick. A Robin to her Batman. Preferrably female, although if its male, that kinda makes Jimmy Olsen the de facto candidate.

BANNED

How about Lois Lane: Champion of the Oppressed? Since Superman is doing little to help them, she can take up the slack.

BANNED

Lois and Jimmy need to go to Gotham city.

No, they so do not.

as long as they don't give them superpowers i'm cool. bad enough they did lois with that brainac thing and it went nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Completely your opinion, and not at all fact.

Lois Lane is (IMHO) the single greatest beta character in all of fiction.

Wonder Woman is (again, IMHO) one of the greatest alpha characters in all of fiction (a much more demanding field of contenders).

Not fair to compare the two, as they have vastly different roles and responsibilities.

To use a basketball analogy (hey, I like both sports and comix, so screw your false dichotomy of nerd vs jock), Lois Lane is like Scottie Pippen while Wonder Woman is like Hakeem Olajuwon. One served to enhance and complement another, greater figure (here, Michael Jordan = Superman), the other is saddled with shouldering an inconsistent supporting cast (Hakeem played with no other all-stars on his team when he won his first NBA championship). Scottie got all his success (6 championship rings) due to assisting a much more popular player. Hakeem's success (2 championship rings) was largely due to himself primarily. There are very few sports fans who think Scottie Pippen is greater than Hakeem Olajuwon, despite Scottie having more championships in his career. Likewise, there are comparatively few comix fans who think Lois Lane is greater than Wonder Woman, despite Lois appearing in more media over the years.
    HAKEEM

Oh man he was amazing to watch just like Marc Gasol now except with more post moves and stuff.

Anyway Lois can have a massive impact on the wider DCverse instead of just stuffing her with Superman. I think she really shouldn't be Superman because it is the same way how I feel with Babs and Grayson, they just drag each other down. Lois can be a massive reporter for like around the world reporting on stuff, she could be like in JL Dark, Teen Titans, Red Hood and so on being the main reporter.

Jimmy can work as well but I love him being a rich millionarie guy like he was during the Lobdell era.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    I think she really shouldn't be Superman because it is the same way how I feel with Babs and Grayson, they just drag each other down.
    I'm not sure what you mean. How do Lois and Superman drag each other down?

Now about Jimmy....Is this character really that interesting? What can he contribute to the Superman lure? A sidekick ? Superboy can fill that up easy.
    If they at least keep him rich it would have been more interesting.