Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Incredible Member

I think they need to go back to basics, since DC seems to have this need to have Superman and Wonde Woman be a couple. Let Clark and Lois work as reporters who are sloly attracted to each other, with Jimmy as the eagar to please photographer/assistant.

BANNED

By actually giving them a relationship with Kal, then building off that.

BANNED

Maybe they could do advocacy work like becoming Think Tank Heads or forming a Think tank themselves. This could also be something Clark kent could do since Super-Heroes are limited in these areas. Also it would be cool if Lois, Jimmy and maybe non-powered Super-Heroes form a new version of Justice League International as a Think tank group advocating change in the social and political sphere around the World. Could make for some interesting stories.

New Justice League International

lois
    Jimmy
    Constantine
    Amanda Waller
    Huntress from Grayson

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kandor Rising View Post
    No I mean in general. WW is pretty bland, inconsistent and some of the gender politics surrounding the perception are worrying to me. Her comic is blah for the most part, but she can be decent in Justice League stories.
    Lois was more consistent in her feminist roots than WW, I hear this from many women. No wonder DC want to bury Lois. I recomend last issues of sensation comics #19 and #20, much feminism, such good stories
    Last edited by Blacksun; 12-27-2014 at 05:41 PM.

Astonishing Member

Anybody reading Catwoman currently? They should do something similar with Lois, top to bottom shake up and similarly grounded like the current Catwoman book.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

What the entire Superman line needs--hell, DC in general--is a Mark Doyle-type of editor. Someone who will go to creators and say, "Bring it. Let me see your proposals. Even the seriously outrageous stuff." Then they need to publish some original, fun stuff.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Astonishing Member

You know I was reading Injustice and there was a hallucination story where Lois was President of the US. I thought that was an interesting idea though it literally went no where in the story but maybe they should attempt that on the main Earth. She's basically already famous and Lex was able to become President despite being a criminal and the current continuity is just the old continuity reworked. She would be at a place where she would have a lot of access to the rest of the DCU and it would change the nature of her relationship with Superman and her father.

I stand by my idea that Lois in politics could work.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    Lois on Smallville was a campaign manager and chief-of-staff for a Kansas state senator (Jonathan followed by Martha Kent) before entering a career in journalism.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    Lois on Smallville was a campaign manager and chief-of-staff for a Kansas state senator (Jonathan followed by Martha Kent) before entering a career in journalism.
    Amy adams said that lois would be a politician if she wasn't a journalist

New52 Lois Lane absolutely should successfully run for Mayor of Metropolis. That would open up so many non-romantic storylines for her to pursue ... including standing up to Superman when he oversteps his boundaries as a superhero.

Jimmy either needs to get back into his weirdness-magnet Kirby days or mentally merge (a la Firestorm) into Mon-El to give Superman a true sidekick. Either way, Jimmy NEEDS TO BE TOLD CLARK'S SECRET ALREADY!!!

Edit: Hey, this is my 1,000th post since the CBR Forums got rebooted last April! What do I win? Nothing? Ok, just wondering.
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 01-02-2015 at 01:58 PM.

I'd have put a slight spin on the traditional use of Lois.

Basically, I'd have made her a close work colleague of Clark, and made her gradually fall in love with Clark, without any attraction for Superman. Could see some fun along the way...as Clark without any apparent love life would need to find some lame excuses not to date Lois.

Then..later on..as Clark started to reciprocate Lois's feelings could be some good dramatic mileage in three way Lois, Clark, Diana relationship. Hopefully Lois would win out...not a fan of Wonder Woman.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    You know I was reading Injustice and there was a hallucination story where Lois was President of the US. I thought that was an interesting idea though it literally went no where in the story but maybe they should attempt that on the main Earth. She's basically already famous and Lex was able to become President despite being a criminal and the current continuity is just the old continuity reworked. She would be at a place where she would have a lot of access to the rest of the DCU and it would change the nature of her relationship with Superman and her father.

I support this idea. Lois Lane 4 President ! Really being her own character outside the Superverse would be welcome and awesome. Miss Lane certainly deserves better than what she is getting at the moment.
    Last edited by TheDarkKnightReturns; 01-04-2015 at 11:50 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    New52 Lois Lane absolutely should successfully run for Mayor of Metropolis. That would open up so many non-romantic storylines for her to pursue ... including standing up to Superman when he oversteps his boundaries as a superhero.

Jimmy either needs to get back into his weirdness-magnet Kirby days or mentally merge (a la Firestorm) into Mon-El to give Superman a true sidekick. Either way, Jimmy NEEDS TO BE TOLD CLARK'S SECRET ALREADY!!!

Edit: Hey, this is my 1,000th post since the CBR Forums got rebooted last April! What do I win? Nothing? Ok, just wondering.
    Mayor of Metropolis could work too but I think Lois being the USA President would add much more to her character. Like the opportunity of being her own woman outside of the Superverse. I mean think of all the opportunities it would open up to Lois. She would get the chance to meet all the DC heroes. She would be involved in all major crisis in the DC universe as an major international leader this time around. In short, she would have the chance to be a presence, a force to reckon with in the DC universe. Lois Lane can pull it off well. I believe in Lois Lane.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightReturns View Post
    Mayor of Metropolis could work too but I think Lois being the USA President would add much more to her character. Like the opportunity of being her own woman outside of the Superverse. I mean think of all the opportunities it would open up to Lois. She would get the chance to meet all the DC heroes. She would be involved in all major crisis in the DC universe as an major international leader this time around. In short, she would have the chance to be a presence, a force to reckon with in the DC universe. Lois Lane can pull it off well. I believe in Lois Lane.
    Lois being president would make her older than she is. For the new 52 that is suppossed to have younger heroes and support casting, IDK if it would work and the time to develop it. Well it can be done without she getting that much older (it's comics, silly me lol). Dc and editors just need to have courage to do it
    Lois can know the heroes being a journalist too, IDK why it didn't happened it like the futures end case

You guys are selling me on the idea of Lois in politics. That'd be interesting. No to the President though. I thought it was dumb when they did it with Lex too.