Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    You guys are selling me on the idea of Lois in politics. That'd be interesting. No to the President though. I thought it was dumb when they did it with Lex too.
    Lois Lane being the Chief of Staff to the US President could really work I think.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    Lois being president would make her older than she is. For the new 52 that is suppossed to have younger heroes and support casting, IDK if it would work and the time to develop it. Well it can be done without she getting that much older (it's comics, silly me lol). Dc and editors just need to have courage to do it
    Lois can know the heroes being a journalist too, IDK why it didn't happened it like the futures end case
    Have they stated Lois's age yet? You only need to be 35 to be the Prez.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    You guys are selling me on the idea of Lois in politics. That'd be interesting. No to the President though. I thought it was dumb when they did it with Lex too.
    It was dumb because Lex was a known criminal. Lois isn't and probably could make a reasonable run for it if you have a dedicated writer and editorial team. But considering that the Superman office seems to change directions every 6 months...

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    New52 Lois Lane absolutely should successfully run for Mayor of Metropolis. That would open up so many non-romantic storylines for her to pursue ... including standing up to Superman when he oversteps his boundaries as a superhero.

Jimmy either needs to get back into his weirdness-magnet Kirby days or mentally merge (a la Firestorm) into Mon-El to give Superman a true sidekick. Either way, Jimmy NEEDS TO BE TOLD CLARK'S SECRET ALREADY!!!

Edit: Hey, this is my 1,000th post since the CBR Forums got rebooted last April! What do I win? Nothing? Ok, just wondering.

He needs of mix of how Morrison had him in All Star where he truly was Superman's best friend with all the crazy that entails and the adventuring he had in the Kirby stories. He needs a reason to constantly be in the middle of danger.
    Last edited by The World; 01-04-2015 at 08:32 PM.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Lois in politics would be cool, but I don't think it would feel right seeing her outside the Planet or her career as a journalist. At least personally.

It was dumb because Lex was a known criminal. Lois isn't and probably could make a reasonable run for it if you have a dedicated writer and editorial team. But considering that the Superman office seems to change directions every 6 months...
    Thing is though I just never liked the idea of comic characters in positions such as that. I like the presidency to either be the actual current president, or one that just goes unnamed. But yeah the fact he was a known criminal made an idea I thought was silly even dumber. I'd follow it if they tried it, I just like the ideas of something more down the ladder, like mayor or chief of staff like has been suggested.

With Jimmy, should "be back to the future": two guys that work together and become best friends because they get on well.

Get fed up of writers and editors fixing stuff that isn't broke. And certainly fed up of all the Supes hanging out with each other only, knowing each other's secret identity, etc.

BANNED

Not a big fan of Lois at the government, because it is easy to turn her in a non-personal being like Maria Hill or nick fury, at least hill feature on at least 3 books per month

Lois Lane as politician on any level is both fascinating and problematic (which doesn't mean it shouldn't be tried).

Lois Lane as journalist has a primary responsibility to uncovering truth. Lois Lane as politician (mayor or president or anything in between) has a primary responsibility to keep her people safe and her "area" (city or country or campaign) running, which almost always involves covering up certain truths on a regular basis. Her journalistic instincts would seem to make her unfit to play the role and maintain her standards at the same time.

That said, I'm all for it.

Take a chance, do something different. Lois as president is too much, IMHO, b/c 1) we already did this with Lex Luthor for a couple years real-time and 2) we know that will not last in any event. But on a smaller scale, Lois as mayor? THAT could be a permanent status quo upgrade. It would keep her role entirely in the Superverse and under one editorial team. It would also allow us to view how the various Supers (Kal, Kara, Kon, Krypto and Steel) are perceived through the eyes of those they protect better. It would also show that, as mayor, Lois Lane may be able to accomplish things among the people that Superman himself simply cannot.

But it's probably just wishful thinking. My guess is Lois stays in the background and made more unlikeable until this Superman-Wonder Woman romance runs its course in a few years

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post

But it's probably just wishful thinking. My guess is Lois stays in the background and made more unlikeable until this Superman-Wonder Woman romance runs its course in a few years
    Not so long ago my main Superman"irritant" was that Flash was shown as much, much faster.

Now I look back on that as a golden age. I'll go out for a celebratory drink when Superman is back with Lois...that really can't be years away, can it?

Yeah, it can be. Supes and Wondy will last as long as its popular, and sales from their book indicate its still popular. And even when that's done there's still no guarantee they'll be ready to go right back to Lois and Clark. Maybe by then Lois is excelling just fine with the dynamic being just friends. Then again, maybe not. Point just being nothing's a sure thing when it comes to the idea of them just going back because its "inevitable". Nothing's inevitable.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-05-2015 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Not so long ago my main Superman"irritant" was that Flash was shown as much, much faster.

Now I look back on that as a golden age. I'll go out for a celebratory drink when Superman is back with Lois...that really can't be years away, can it?
    Maybe, but it would make it all the more satisfying when it finally happens which I expect/hope it will one day .

On the positive side, we have that supposedly Lois focused issue in Superman coming up (eventually), so it at least seems like Johns has interest in her and Pak is currently using her in Batman/Superman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post

well, your life was good and you didn't know it. But flash deserves to be faster than superman, it's the only thing he does lol

I don't know buddy, smww are a personal project from berganza and lee. There is the movies, so I'm not sure how long they will continue to contradict movies when DC is doing some synergy with tv. Johns doesn't seem interested on it on JL and Superman. The heat on the couple really passed, and clois received a lot of positive reaction from injustice and the convergence annoucement. There is also big creators that keep pushing for clois back like morrison, snyder, simone, taylor...
    But like I said it's a personal project that I don't think berganza or lee will be done so soon. DC editorial is not known for being impartial.

Lois being major of metropolis iDK if it would have impact since superman, supergirl are more outside of city than inside.
    Hard for Lois do something cool when editors want to hide her. if SMWW is so popular, why keep lois and trevor so in the dark? DC should try to expand the comics, instead of favoring a couple;
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe, but it would make it all the more satisfying when it finally happens which I expect/hope it will one day .

On the positive side, we have that supposedly Lois focused issue in Superman coming up (eventually), so it at least seems like Johns has interest in her and Pak is currently using her in Batman/Superman.
    Pak likes to use Lois as a Bait, IDK why he use her for it since the only thing she did was write superman article. Just like thousand of journalists on the world.
    the superman focused issue was suppossed to be in march, the solicit is out and there wasn't a mention about lois.

She has an established friendship with Superman. No its not been expanded upon or visited much in the present-day comics but it IS established history between the two (Morrison's Action run, Perez's Superman run). So she's not like thousands of other journalists when it comes to him. To the world, they have a link, just like always. Pak's hardly doing any stretching of the imagination to have Lois be a possible target of this assassin. And even if she is just bait, knowing Pak and his work with Superman and his family, it'll probably be the best showing Lois has had yet.

In fact, that's probably the best answer to this question. Get Lois and Jimmy back on track by having Greg Pak do something with them, as he's the top Superman guy by a wide margin right now.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-05-2015 at 07:37 PM.

Incredible Member

if SMWW is so popular, why keep lois and trevor so in the dark? DC should try to expand the comics, instead of favoring a couple;.
    Not sure, but I think DC may have other plans for Steve Trevor. Lest face it, he is pretty much useless in the Wonderverse now. He works better as an ARGUS agent who has connections to various DC heroes and villains. At least, Lois Lane can still works in the Superverse as a journalist, political figure in Metropolis. Steve really needs to go outside for his own sake. He can do so much outside the Wonderverse when you think about it. He did save the President after all.

well, your life was good and you didn't know it. But flash deserves to be faster than superman, it's the only thing he does lol
    Yes, didn't know how much I liked parts of old Silver age set-up until they were gone.

To me the Perry White boss, Jimmy Olsen best friend, Lois Lane closest colleague/ love spoke volumes about Clark/ Superman's own character and values. Here was somebody with the powers of a god...who because of his upbringing...knew he had to use those powers to help others. But deep down it was the day job of reporting that he loved, and he preferred hanging out with his fellow workers to hanging out with other super characters.

Once you make his "main" friends/ love interest other super characters... for me a lot of the character/ personality that made him what he was is lost.

I've never understood why preferring the company of normal humans to such an extent is necessary to prove his love of Earth and its people and to prove that he indeed has a strong "human" side in regards to behavior, social conventions, etc. Its ridiculous to me. Having superhuman friends as well or a superhuman lover does not automatically lessen the love he has for his adopted planet nor does it lessen his "human" cred. If anything it adds to him. Going the route you suggest, having these caveats that he must have a human lover or he must vastly prefer all his human friends to any of his superhuman friends...that's when the character not only gets bogged down in pointless rules but also begins to lose appeal. He's Superman, he's supposed to balance the normal and fantastical, but somewhere along the line (in my opinion the result of taking good ideas like the Lois and Clark show and Smallville, which were designed as a special side of the telling of the myth by focusing more on Clark Kent, and going too far and starting to apply it to everything) this goofy unwritten rule was made that the human side had to dominate; that the Man was what was to be the focus at nearly all times. The New 52 has fixed it somewhat, thankfully, but the fact that's not the way Superman has to be is a notion that'll die hard with some writers, I'm sure.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-06-2015 at 02:19 AM.