Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Default How about a new S.W.O.R.D. line up?

I miss the mutant,space border, non S.H.I.E.L.D., idea. How would you staff it to work or just sell better than the first run.

Old station is the primary setting used to relay with most of the current space empires, Guardians of galaxy, and Starjammers.

Primary crew: Agent Abigail Brand/leader,Doug/Warlock,Kid and\or Richard Nova,Hulkling,and Carol Danvers/Who goes into Binary to survive no oxygen environment at will.

Deep space team: Beta Ray Bill, Firelord, Mantis,and Xavin,and Kid Gladiator.

First mission Agent Brand contacting the Avengers about denying Sunspot's old fling Gosamyr entry to earth.

Have fun what are your ideas?

No Lockheed in the primary lineup? For shame!

I would buy a SWORD series if it had Brand and Lockheed and I'll take anyone else that I can.
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

Not a bad list but i feel like adding Adam-X, Lifeguard and also Silpstream since they are all half Shiar.

Quote Originally Posted by JackalsIII View Post
    No Lockheed in the primary lineup? For shame!

I would buy a SWORD series if it had Brand and Lockheed and I'll take anyone else that I can.
    Sure but with new ideas like asking earth to stop a brood invasion of his homeworld, or making him second in command speaking english or through Cyper.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggs View Post
    Not a bad list but i feel like adding Adam-X, Lifeguard and also Silpstream since they are all half Shiar.
    And the later 2 would be very useful in space, I would like Adam X to be the third Summers brother instead of Vulcan.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    Sure but with new ideas like asking earth to stop a brood invasion of his homeworld, or making him second in command speaking english or through Cyper.
    Oh, definitely! He can't keep being the lovable drunk. It is time for Lockheed to attack!
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

S.W.O.R.D. should have an all-horizons squad given they're supposed to be the first line to protect the planet.

With that in mind:

Agent Brand: Team Leader. At this point, given all the recent alien invasions/ incidents, she needs a new team of very skilled individuals around her.
    Lockheed: Historical member. Second-in-command. A loyalist, no convincing needed.
    Beast: Historical member. Xenobiologist and tech support, his relationship with Brand would be his main draw in joining this team. Distrustful of WS and Danger.
    Danger: A.I. Could join if promised a shot at taking down Unit.
    Warbird: Joins out of boredom and need for alone time (we know Earther's lifestyle is not her thing). Forget the Aaron years, take her characterization from Liu's run on Astonishing and move forward from this point. In desperate need to be properly used and fleshed out honestly.
    Sydren: Historical member. A loyalist, no convincing needed. Plus he's an empath, so basically the one character I'd be eager to see interacting with Warbird.
    Winter Soldier: The maverick, black-mailed by Brand in doing her biding for the time being. His skills would be unvaluable, plus I can see him and Hank butting head, given how self-righteous the latter can be at times with killers.

Star-Lord should be consulting (Brand and him already "worked" together during Infinity), same with Reed Richards every now and then (out of friendship with McCoy when he's stalling on something).
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Space Justice, Justice from Space

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    S.W.O.R.D. should have an all-horizons squad given they're supposed to be the first line to protect the planet.

With that in mind:

Agent Brand: Team Leader. At this point, given all the recent alien invasions/ incidents, she needs a new team of very skilled individuals around her.
    Lockheed: Historical member. Second-in-command. A loyalist, no convincing needed.
    Beast: Historical member. Xenobiologist and tech support, his relationship with Brand would be his main draw in joining this team. Distrustful of WS and Danger.
    Danger: A.I. Could join if promised a shot at taking down Unit.
    Warbird: Joins out of boredom and need for alone time (we know Earther's lifestyle is not her thing). Forget the Aaron years, take her characterization from Liu's run on Astonishing and move forward from this point. In desperate need to be properly used and fleshed out honestly.
    Sydren: Historical member. A loyalist, no convincing needed. Plus he's an empath, so basically the one character I'd be eager to see interacting with Warbird.
    Winter Soldier: The maverick, black-mailed by Brand in doing her biding for the time being. His skills would be unvaluable, plus I can see him and Hank butting head, given how self-righteous the latter can be at times with killers.

Star-Lord should be consulting (Brand and him already "worked" together during Infinity), same with Reed Richards every now and then (out of friendship with McCoy when he's stalling on something).

I like this but we should add Spider Woman with Winter Soldiger blocking alien human arms traffacing.

Incredible Member

http://community.comicbookresources....D-a-crazy-idea

I had some similar thoughts a while back.

I think it's time for humankind to stretch their space arm and it's also a chance to really develop our own solar system in the marvel universe.

it's also a great place to put characters that are considered "overpowered" so they can deal with protecting our little part of the cosmos from the "big boys."

My Team:
    Abigail Brand, Blue Marvel, Moondragon, Captain Marvel, Red Hulk, Man-Thing, Jazinda

Junior Squad: Broo, Franklin Richards, Leech, Artie Maddicks

Hmm, SWORD is a secret military organization, how could they field a junior squad honestly ?

I like the diversity and casting of your team though, makes sense.

@DarkPhoenix: I think Spider-Woman would be stretched too thin between her responsibilities as an Avenger and a Secret Avenger.
    I see her consulting on punctual missions if needs be, given her schedule.
    Same with a guy like Flash Thompson/Agent Venom - Brand would never bring on board a symbiot if she had the choice I think.
    Too dangerous.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Hmm, SWORD is a secret military organization, how could they field a junior squad honestly ?

I like the diversity and casting of your team though, makes sense.
    I guess you could call them interns lol. I just thought it would be funny if they had someone like Franklin who could possibily just put the Earth in a pocket universe if there was a problem the SWORD needed some time on.
    Last edited by Mutant God; 07-17-2014 at 02:41 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    I miss the mutant,space border, non S.H.I.E.L.D., idea. How would you staff it to work or just sell better than the first run.

Old station is the primary setting used to relay with most of the current space empires, Guardians of galaxy, and Starjammers.

Primary crew: Agent Abigail Brand/leader,Doug/Warlock,Kid and\or Richard Nova,Hulkling,and Carol Danvers/Who goes into Binary to survive no oxygen environment at will.

Deep space team: Beta Ray Bill, Firelord, Mantis,and Xavin,and Kid Gladiator.

First mission Agent Brand contacting the Avengers about denying Sunspot's old fling Gosamyr entry to earth.

Have fun what are your ideas?
    What a horrible cast. Utterly bland and ready for the garbage bin at issue #1.

The cast was perfect; Abby Brand and Hank McCoy as Marvel's Aeryn and Crichton, drunk and surly Lockheed, and rounded out the extra comedic relief of Sydren and Death's Head.

Of course Kieron Gillen and Steven Sanders will get their much loved book back for more space adventures.
    Smile.jpg
    thecutedragonisdrinking.jpg
    KissKissBangBang.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by fod_xp View Post
    What a horrible cast. Utterly bland and ready for the garbage bin at issue #1.

The cast was perfect; Abby Brand and Hank McCoy as Marvel's Aeryn and Crichton, drunk and surly Lockheed, and rounded out the extra comedic relief of Sydren and Death's Head.

Of course Kieron Gillen and Steven Sanders will get their much loved book back for more space adventures.
    Smile.jpg
    thecutedragonisdrinking.jpg
    KissKissBangBang.jpg
    Glad your pic matches your nonfun trolling. And the only type of beast I have found intrsting was Dark Beast.