Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I don't mean to cheerlead or solicit people, but I can't help to be truly impressed to see this much sci-fi/fantasy diversity under one imprint. Image is knocking it out the park! There's so MANY great books coming out that blows away popular franchise books. I'm really excited for CHRONONAUTS, DESCENDER, INVISIBLE REPUBLIC, SOUTHERN CROSS, and RED ONE. That's five new titles on top of all the recent new stuff like BITCH PLANET, C.O.W.L., and DRIFTER. There's probably a few other new titles I'm forgetting, but my point here is that there is a lot of new material coming out from IMAGE while the big two are rehashing and milking their existing franchises with endless "events". It's just a great time to be reading other publishers, not just IMAGE, but BOOM, IDW, ONI, and DYNAMITE.

Quote Originally Posted by cray_ws View Post
    I don't mean to cheerlead or solicit people, but I can't help to be truly impressed to see this much sci-fi/fantasy diversity under one imprint. Image is knocking it out the park! There's so MANY great books coming out that blows away popular franchise books. I'm really excited for CHRONONAUTS, DESCENDER, INVISIBLE REPUBLIC, SOUTHERN CROSS, and RED ONE. That's five new titles on top of all the recent new stuff like BITCH PLANET, C.O.W.L., and DRIFTER. There's probably a few other new titles I'm forgetting, but my point here is that there is a lot of new material coming out from IMAGE while the big two are rehashing and milking their existing franchises with endless "events". It's just a great time to be reading other publishers, not just IMAGE, but BOOM, IDW, ONI, and DYNAMITE.
    Kinda half-wish Image would move beyond the Sci-fi and fantasy series a bit too. There's so many sci-fi series out right now, some of them almost blur together for me. Meanwhile in terms of horror Image is relatively lacking, particularly when compared to Dark Horse. Although with Revival, Nailbiter, Wytches and A Voice in the Dark they're getting there. Romance and comedy books we're relatively light on still too. Well I guess Sex Criminals fills both of those holes at once (innuendo intended). Alex + Ada is romance but still with a sci-fi sauce over it. God Hates Astronauts is comedy but also heavily plays off superhero tropes. But they don't really have the super cartoony stuff that Boom! puts out for example. Then again just read Boom! comics for that.
    But yeah overall, Image's the best publisher in mainstream comics in terms of diversity.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

Incredible Member

New Books:

Descender
    Southern Cross
    Red One (never heard of this until the March solicits, but it looks like it's right up my alley)

New books I'm skipping:

No Chrononauts or Invisible Republic for me unless the reviews are ridiculously high. I have to draw the line somewhere. My one taste with Millar (Starlight) left me sour. Also, the glut of science fiction books Image has put out had made me less interested in Invisible Republic. I just don't see anything about it that sticks out.

Regulars:
    Alex + Ada
    Casanova
    Dying and the Dead (depending on first two issues)
    East of West
    Fade Out
    Five Ghosts
    Invincible
    Manhattan Projects
    Nameless (if I like the first issue)
    Saga
    Secret Identities (if I like the first issue)
    Surface (if I like the first issue)
    They're Not Like Us (if I like the first 3 issues)
    Tooth and Claw
    Velvet
    Wytches
    Zero

Also, reading Ei8ht, Lady Killer, Mind MGMT, Pastaways, and Resurrectionists from Dark Horse and all Valiant titles.

It truly saddens me to see that so few people on this board read Invincible. It is a fantastic read and I implore you to give it a shot, despite the high numbering. I thought that with the $.25 price point, there would be at least a few people here willing to try it. :/ For reference, I will also be picking up Outcast, Saga, Wytches, Chew, Nailbiter (cross over), Postal, Rumble, Secret Identities, and Spawn (giving the new team a try). But I would sincerely choose Invincible over all of them. The character work, art, and fluidity of story line is wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by askyla View Post
    It truly saddens me to see that so few people on this board read Invincible. It is a fantastic read and I implore you to give it a shot, despite the high numbering. I thought that with the $.25 price point, there would be at least a few people here willing to try it. :/ For reference, I will also be picking up Outcast, Saga, Wytches, Chew, Nailbiter (cross over), Postal, Rumble, Secret Identities, and Spawn (giving the new team a try). But I would sincerely choose Invincible over all of them. The character work, art, and fluidity of story line is wonderful.
    Love to see someone else beating the Invincible drum!! If you're a fan you should join us over on the Image boards - forums.imagecomics.com
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Im a few issues behind on Invincible. Switched to digital.then forgot to buy 'em....

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    Love to see someone else beating the Invincible drum!! If you're a fan you should join us over on the Image boards - forums.imagecomics.com
    I just signed up, they said they will send an email when my account is ready! What is your username on there?

And Dark-Flux, the last two arcs have been monumental. Definitely check them out when you can. ^_^

To keep in fashion with the topic of this thread though, is anyone curious about Postal? I know March will be its second issue, but it sounds intriguing.

Quote Originally Posted by askyla View Post
    I just signed up, they said they will send an email when my account is ready! What is your username on there?
    Same user name on that board as well. Hope to see you there!
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

BANNED

so what is beyond belief? nothing I've read has made it sound any less confusing

Spectacular Member Agent John Bishop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    so what is beyond belief? nothing I've read has made it sound any less confusing
    Beyond Belief is an adaptation of Ben Blacker podcast The Thrilling Adventure Hour which is a parody of old time radio serials. Beyond Belief follows a married couple, Frank and Sadie Doyle, whose abilities with the occult are legendary. However, they are also constantly drunk and fairly ambivalent about saving the day in any meaningful way. I don't know how it will work as a comic, but the characters are a really sweet blend of cartoony and loving. I expect big things from this title.

Or to put it an entirely different way, imagine if John Constantine was a snarky, upper-class couple obsessed with alcohol in a more comedic occult world. It's seriously a great concept and I hope I am getting that across. It's very simple, but tends to work wonderfully.
    Last edited by Agent John Bishop; 12-28-2014 at 09:08 AM.

BANNED

interesting....that sure is a weird thing to make into a comic

Spectacular Member Agent John Bishop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    interesting....that sure is a weird thing to make into a comic
    Yes and no. Yes in that radio does not necessarily translate to a visual medium. No in that it has a sense of comedic spectacle that will work very well if handled correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Im a few issues behind on Invincible. Switched to digital.then forgot to buy 'em....
    I just caught up a couple of days ago. The book has gotten VERY interesting again. 111 onward has been a thrill-ride.

Anyway, goddammit Image, your books are awesome

Chrononauts #1
    Descender #1
    Invisible Republic #1 (honestly, I wasn't sold on this until I saw the preview. That art! Best art I've seen from Hardman, and that's saying a lot)
    Southern Cross #1
    Invincible #118
    The Manhattan Projects: the Sun Beyond the Stars #1
    The Autumnlands: Tooth & Claw #5
    Bitch Planet #4
    Black Science #12
    Casanova: Acedia #3
    C.O.W.L. #10
    Drifter #5
    The Dying & the Dead #3
    East of West #19
    The Fade Out #6
    Ghosted #18
    Intersect #5
    Nameless #2
    Ody-C #5
    Outcast #7
    Rumble #4
    Saga #26
    Satellite Sam #12
    Shutter #10
    Surface #2
    They're Not Like Us #4
    Velvet #11
    The Walking Dead #138-139
    The Wicked + the Divine #9
    Wytches #6
    Zero #15

Aww. No Lazarus, No Low and No Southern Bastards

On the Plus side there's: Velvet, Alex + Ada, and Saga. A decent Month, maybe april will be better.