View Poll Results: Which of these titles was your favorite?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • Green Lantern Corps

15 10.07%
  • Green Lantern: New Guardians

10 6.71%
  • Red Lanterns

18 12.08%
  • Klarion

2 1.34%
  • Secret Origins

3 2.01%
  • Batwoman

14 9.40%
  • Trinity of Sin

4 2.68%
  • Aquaman and the Others

4 2.68%
  • Arkham Manor

5 3.36%
  • Worlds Finest

9 6.04%
  • Infintiy Man and the Forever People

5 3.36%
  • Star Spangled War Stories

6 4.03%
  • Swamp Thing

54 36.24%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Amazing Member

Red Lanterns, for sure. Soule, I feel, wrote it perfectly. It was the only Lantern book I enjoyed after the big writer switches until Godhead. I don't know how well it would do without Soule, though...

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thetrellan View Post
    Technically, no. I was referring to Moore and Totleben's famous run on Swamp Thing. Before Vertigo, yes, but the series' success helped lay the foundation for Vertigo, so I consider it very much a part of it. I don't believe there would be a Vertigo if not for that classic.
    Oh, I agree with that, but I'm happy with Vertigo as a place for creator-owned material rather than DC properties. Other than Matt Wagner's Madame Xanadu, most of the DC affliated books post-2000 have been disappointing, including Swamp Thing and its unofficial spin-off, The Un-Men. Hellblazer remained good, but that seems more the exception than the rule.

Spectacular Member rhymeswithparc's Avatar

Definitely Swamp Thing but it looks like it's ending as Soule leaves the book which is a good thing since I don't wanna see my favourite book drop in quality.

More human than human thetrellan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    Oh, I agree with that, but I'm happy with Vertigo as a place for creator-owned material rather than DC properties. Other than Matt Wagner's Madame Xanadu, most of the DC affliated books post-2000 have been disappointing, including Swamp Thing and its unofficial spin-off, The Un-Men. Hellblazer remained good, but that seems more the exception than the rule.
    Amen to that, brother. It's kind of funny how it all seems to mesh together in retrospect, though. Memory is a funny thing.

Swamp Thing.

Red Lanterns, Trinity of Sin, Infinity Man, Star Spangled War Stories & New Guardians were all great though.

All-New Member

Swamp thing- was one of the few titles I truly waited to read each month. Sad to see it go.

Bat woman I lost interest quickly after Williams left

New guardians is a little disappointing too with my Kyle fix leaving.

All-New Member

I voted for Swamp Thing, although the only reason I started reading Red Lanterns was Soule's writing on ST, so I'm sad to see both those titles go. Although I would've stuck with ST with a new creative team, I think Soule worked some serious magic to get me to appreciate the cast of RL(with the exception of Guy), and I really never saw myself reading the latter title without him writing it...unless someone like China Mieville came on, and in that case I would stick around for the trippiness.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeswithparc View Post
    Definitely Swamp Thing but it looks like it's ending as Soule leaves the book which is a good thing since I don't wanna see my favourite book drop in quality.
    Why would you assume Soule's replacement would be an inferior replacement?

Anyway, I'm losing Swamp Thing, Klarion, and Aquaman & the Others (I guess Secret Origins, too). Klarion is too young for me to miss. Aquaman & the Others isn't anything special (w/ all due respect to the creative team). But as plenty others have said, Swamp Thing was top-notch. Easily one of DC's best titles since Soule took over.
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song