Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I was a bit disappointed here. Like it good enough, but was really hoping for it to blow me away like Nowhere Men did.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    Because he's the publisher for Image Comics. He can do whatever he wants.

Not that not finishing one piece of work is necessarily a reason not to get other work.
    Fair enough.

expectdelay

The premise and the unfolding of the story was interesting to me. Also most of the art was good, however something about the faces and/or eyes seemed off. Some of them also seemed to basically be copies of other faces, cut and pasted and slightly changed. It was very off putting.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

good enough to follow another two or three issues, but for me, not good enough to preorder beyond that yet.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    good enough to follow another two or three issues, but for me, not good enough to preorder beyond that yet.
    Yeah, kinda how I feel. I'll get the next few to give it a chance of showing me what it's about.

Also, saying that Nate Bellegarde is too afraid to do Nowhere Men is a pretty inaccurate description of his situation. In short, he had a whole bunch of life happen to him, but you could find out more about what he's been struggling with with a bit of research. http://multiversitycomics.com/news/n...f-nowhere-men/

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Fiegel View Post
    I thought Stephenson hated superhero comics.
    His issue seems to be with the publishing practices of Marvel and DC, not the superhero genre.

Quote Originally Posted by johnmahananda View Post
    I also thought Nowhere Men was pretty strong. But...is it finished? It seemed like it paused mid-stream (?) And, if it's not finished, will it be? Why does this writer get a new title if he hasn't completed another for Image?

Anyway, TNLU strikes me as middling. The introduction of the characters was hackneyed. The art is pretty decent. The dialogue is serviceable. But, overall, it has an X-Men feel to it...and I don't need any more X-Men feel...
    Nowhere Men's disappearance has nothing to do with Eric Stephenson. The delays have been due to the artist, Nate Bellegarde, struggling with mental health issues. Bellegarde actually wrote a pretty lengthy essay on the matter - his focus is on getting healthy first, as it should be.

Anyway, I just read this book last night. I loved the level of detail on the art and the colours and lettering were great. Stephenson's writing though just didn't wow me. The book just felt like a ton of exposition without much more than that. I definitely also understand those who have called out the X-Men feel - it's the X-Men if Xavier was kind of a dick.

I'm interested to see how the second issue is though, with that cliffhanger and, also, hopefully, most of the exposition out of the way.

#MagnetoWasRight