Page 65 of 68 FirstFirst ... 15556162636465666768 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I won't. To be honest Jessica Jones only had one story to tell anyway. It should have been just one season.
    Jessice was confirmed for a third season, so she's safe for the time being.

Iwonder if the fact they own the Millar books and they re just sitting on them has some part to play in this.

I will miss cage but i also would like to see some of that Millar IP greenlit

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    Iwonder if the fact they own the Millar books and they re just sitting on them has some part to play in this.

I will miss cage but i also would like to see some of that Millar IP greenlit
    Probably has something to do with it. Disney is getting it's own streaming network, and Net Flixs has their own comic book IP's waiting in the wings. It sort of makes sense for both parties to slowly part ways.

Though I sort of wish we at least got more closure for Luke and Danny. Neither show seemed quite ready to end. Maybe we can at least get one more season of Defenders to give them (and possibly Matt and Jessice) a send off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Creative differences is an even crappier reason to end it. I was a little unclear on who had issues, Netflix, Marvel? I'd love to get my hands on those scripts.
    I wonder if Netflix was asking ot use more characters and Marvel said no.

aka... Netflix wanted to use XYZ villain and Marvel said you don't get anyone else.

Meaning they would have to go back to using Nightshade, Shades, or bring back Diamondback as villains. Which are creatively bankrupt ideas at this point.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Probably has something to do with it. Disney is getting it's own streaming network, and Net Flixs has their own comic book IP's waiting in the wings. It sort of makes sense for both parties to slowly part ways.

Though I sort of wish we at least got more closure for Luke and Danny. Neither show seemed quite ready to end. Maybe we can at least get one more season of Defenders to give them (and possibly Matt and Jessice) a send off.
    That would be ideal to end with some kind of wrap up. I assume DD3 must involve the others learning Matt is alive. Not much buzz on a Defenders s@ but I can hope.

If Disney streaming does do something with Cage I hope it is soon and uses the same actor he was such a great fit for the part.

Anyone think Mike Colters comments about Ariana Grande probably factored into the cancelation of the show? Disney with there no excessive bad press policy might have wanted to get that shut down quick?

Also food for thought, truth of the matter none of the the Netflix shows really "work" in the Disney Model of how they like to do things. There is little to no viable way that could overly exploit the Netflix Hero shows with their MA ratings. I could see Disney just itching for the time they could break contract with Netflix as soon as they bought out Marvel. Moving things to their own streaming service I could see Iron Fist and Luke Cage both being toned back for more of a PG-13 audience just so they can sell more t-shirts, toys, and whatever else off of those characters.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 10-20-2018 at 09:18 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

aka... Netflix wanted to use XYZ villain and Marvel said you don't get anyone else.

Meaning they would have to go back to using Nightshade, Shades, or bring back Diamondback as villains. Which are creatively bankrupt ideas at this point.
    there may have been some of that but they could create new bad buys if handcuffed to bad. I think they are just rolling up the netflix biz and bringing things in house on there own time.
    It does seem weird Cage goes from bringing down the server to gone after S2, and on a cliffhanger which is the worst part.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    We don't know who the creative differences were with exactly. It seems to me that it was between Netflix and Cheo Hodari Coker. The comments are vague enough that it might be between Coke and Marvel or maybe Coke and Marvel and Netflix. The way it's been phrased is that the issues were with the specific scripts and story elements not the overall plot since it appears that had been approved before there were issues. The weird thing is most people comment on how hands off Netflix is, so that's what's throwing me off. If I had to guess, Netflix wanted the show more grounded because it seems they've always been pushing it in that direction, but it could have been any number of things.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    oh well. Sucks but I guess the character franchise isn't totally dead. Maybe.

Have him show up at the end of Black Panther 2 if you want people to go nuts. "We need to talk, brother"...
    Hopefully Black Panther can get him a costume. Being a hero to the everyman is no excuse because some of the everyman's favorite heroes wear costumes.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 10-20-2018 at 11:56 AM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Anyone think Mike Colters comments about Ariana Grande probably factored into the cancelation of the show? Disney with there no excessive bad press policy might have wanted to get that shut down quick?
    I don't think so, if that was the case then they could've just fired him and recast.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Hopefully Black Panther can get him a costume. Being a hero to the everyman is no excuse because some of the everyman's favorite heroes wear costumes.
    The thing is, there's no practical reason for him to wear a costume.

He doesn't need it for protection. He doesn't need it to supply him with powers or gear. He doesn't need it to hide his identity. Essentially him wearing a costume would be purely for the sake of wearing a costume.

Jessice was confirmed for a third season, so she's safe for the time being.
    Melissa Rosenberg (the showrunner for Jessica Jones) is leaving after season 3.

JJ might very well be over after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Melissa Rosenberg (the showrunner for Jessica Jones) is leaving after season 3.

JJ might very well be over after that.
    Yeah, I would imagine all the marvel net flixs shows have their days numbered.

Hopefully Jessica Jones can at least bring some sense of closure in the third season, and I don't feel we really got that with Iron Fist and Luke Cage.

Yeah, I would imagine all the marvel net flixs shows have their days numbered.

Hopefully Jessica Jones can at least bring some sense of closure in the third season, and I don't feel we really got that with Iron Fist and Luke Cage.
    Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Maybe they plan on continuing these shows in some form on Disney's streaming service. Or maybe this is really the end. We just don't know at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Maybe they plan on continuing these shows in some form on Disney's streaming service. Or maybe this is really the end. We just don't know at this time.
    Like I said in an earlier post, if they do ultimately plan on ending all the shows (which would frankly make sense if Disney has its own streaming service and Netflix has Millars comic IPs), then I hope we get a second season of Defenders where they can give some closure to everyone.

And if they want to continue with it on Hulu or Disney or whatever afterwards fine... but I think for Danny and Luke at least we needed more closure than we got.