Page 15 of 68 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Thanks guys.

I know it was after "The Raft" incident
    "At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"

BANNED

Excellent article about Cages relevance for today.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=54868

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post

That is a great article.

Incredible Member

Yeah, terrific article. Never thought of Luke Cage being relevant in that manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Grim View Post
    I want a Luke Cage ongoing. I'm tired of him being a team character, it's time for him to shine on his own now.
    I'm sure he'll get an ongoing once we're closer to the Netflix series release, but damn I can't wait. Now that apparently Captain America will be leading his Avengers team, he will sure need to be spotlighted somewhere else.

If they're taking a chance on Iron Fist, I don't see why we still don't have a Luke Cage series yet. It's not like creators are not interested in him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    I'm sure he'll get an ongoing once we're closer to the Netflix series release, but damn I can't wait. Now that apparently Captain America will be leading his Avengers team, he will sure need to be spotlighted somewhere else.

If they're taking a chance on Iron Fist, I don't see why we still don't have a Luke Cage series yet. It's not like creators are not interested in him.
    If there were any creators interested in Luke cage I'm sure we'd have a solo book.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    If there were any creators interested in Luke cage I'm sure we'd have a solo book.
    Maybe...maybe not. Remember, Dwayne McDuffie wrote a proposal for a Cage series back in the day that all his peers loved, but it was nixed by someone in management. The rumor is that the person, "didn't like all that 'black stuff' in it."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Maybe...maybe not. Remember, Dwayne McDuffie wrote a proposal for a Cage series back in the day that all his peers loved, but it was nixed by someone in management. The rumor is that the person, "didn't like all that 'black stuff' in it."
    I heard this a well.

I'm sure Brian Bendis, Jeff Parker or Al Ewing would write it it an heartbeat if an editor backed it up (and they didn't insist on having Bendis on a highly unsuitable book like Guardians).

There's also Mike Benson and Adam Glass who did the Avengers Origins issue and the Noir mini, and John Arcudi previously worked on a mini as well. Reginald Hudlin also featured him a lot during his Black Panther tenure. And there was of course Dwayne McDuffie, who would've been amazing but Marvel lost its chance...

And that's just writers. I'm sure there's a lot more creators out there who'd love the opportunity to work with Cage, but Marvel doesn't seem to want to take the chance other than with throwaway minis or him being part of a team. I'm hoping that will change with the Netflix series, but that's still a couple of years away...

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post

Wow, I never made that connection. That's awesome; and YES I echo the sentiment that I hope the Netflix show explores the parallels.

I want to see some cross-country and globe-traveling exploits. Show the languages he knows, the regional connections he has.
    I also want to see all-new villains.

I'm still waiting for Marvel to animate the Cage vs Doom fight.

Still marvel's such a bad@$$ yet hilarious moment. One of my favorite Luke Cage moments to this day, especially when you look at current Doom.

"Where's my money honey?"
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I'm still waiting for Marvel to animate the Cage vs Doom fight.

Still marvel's such a bad@$$ yet hilarious moment. One of my favorite Luke Cage moments to this day, especially when you look at current Doom.

"Where's my money honey?"
    Yeah, I loved that moment. However, I could see the Doom fan-boys crying foul.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    I'm sure Brian Bendis, Jeff Parker or Al Ewing would write it it an heartbeat if an editor backed it up (and they didn't insist on having Bendis on a highly unsuitable book like Guardians).

There's also Mike Benson and Adam Glass who did the Avengers Origins issue and the Noir mini, and John Arcudi previously worked on a mini as well. Reginald Hudlin also featured him a lot during his Black Panther tenure. And there was of course Dwayne McDuffie, who would've been amazing but Marvel lost its chance...

And that's just writers. I'm sure there's a lot more creators out there who'd love the opportunity to work with Cage, but Marvel doesn't seem to want to take the chance other than with throwaway minis or him being part of a team. I'm hoping that will change with the Netflix series, but that's still a couple of years away...
    Yes, to Parker or Al Ewing but a resounding HELL NO to Bendis.