Page 18 of 68 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil is Legend View Post
    I agree with a lot of what you said but I could see why some people don't like Bendis's Cage.I don't like the father and the husband thing but I do like that he's given him a home and a place to show up for so many years.But according to some, he just turned him into nothing but a tough talking strong guy who took a drunk and depressed woman home and impregnated her.I keep hearing how Cage was a business owner and spoke a few different languages and even dated a doctor,that seems like a complete 180 compared to how he was before, but hopefully the tv show takes the good from all the previous writers and writes the perfect Cage.
    The "Mandingo complex" thing is harsh. I think he actually handled their relationship well, I don't like Cage being married, I like him with Shulkie, but Bendis gave them a buildup. If anything he's like a lot of our supes, he falls for the basket cases because he's a hero. Look at DD's body count.

I'll Assemble if you call it...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunyc View Post
    The "Mandingo complex" thing is harsh. I think he actually handled their relationship well, I don't like Cage being married, I like him with Shulkie, but Bendis gave them a buildup. If anything he's like a lot of our supes, he falls for the basket cases because he's a hero. Look at DD's body count.
    The truth usually is harsh.

I would love to agree that Bendis handled their relationship well but I just can't.I hated how he made Luke take Jessica home while she was drunk and depressed and banged her,and on top of that 90% of Jessica's time with a man was spent with Scott Lang during Alias.I thought the build up was handled poorly imo.

Spectacular Member

[QUOTE=Daredevil is Legend;424458]I need to

In my opinion, Ostrander took some of the good key elements from Luke's original portrayals and modernized them. He boosted Luke's powers and broadened the scope of his adventures, while at the same time kept Luke true to who he was....a man of the streets and the people's hero.

Under Ostrander, Cage battled major threats like Master of the world, Absorbing Man and the U-Foes but also had adventures with Punisher, DeadPool and Shang Chi. It showed that Luke could have globe hopping adventures with the world at stake, but also take care of the neighborhood and deal with street level threats. It was the perfect balance in my opinion and showed that Luke could operate in both worlds.

The thing that frustrated me at times with his solo series and PM/IF books,
    was that Danny and Luke were repeatedly matched up against D - list villains and rarely interacted with the A list crowd. 10-12 years of being pitted against the "D-lister of the week" types gets old.

Ostrander's Cage was Luke at his absolute best!

Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil is Legend View Post
    I would love to agree that Bendis handled their relationship well but I just can't.I hated how he made Luke take Jessica home while she was drunk and depressed and banged her,and on top of that 90% of Jessica's time with a man was spent with Scott Lang during Alias.I thought the build up was handled poorly imo.
    Fair enough... I think Ostrander's was better too BTW. How'd you feel about Hudlins Cage during his first Panther arc.

I'll Assemble if you call it...

Fair enough... I think Ostrander's was better too BTW. How'd you feel about Hudlins Cage during his first Panther arc.
    I really liked his interaction with Panther,I thought it was cool.Oh,and the I had Black Cat on this couch line was gold lol.I need to read Ostrander's Cage.

I want to see more Cage and Dr. Strange interactions.
    Used to be Juggernuat on the Marvel boards

Extraordinary Member

Well, Axis is fast approaching. I'm not quite sure what to expect once we see the slated change in outlook for Luke.

what is Axis about? How is Luke involved?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    That's what I would like to know

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I think they're going to turn him evil, which would be pretty interesting. As we've seen in the last couple of years, one thing that makes Luke Cage so awesome is that he brings people together and keeps them together. He's a great teamplayer, a good husband who's trying to make things with Jessica work, and a good father who loves his daughter. What happens to everyone when you take that person and turn them evil and against the people they love? Especially given that at least some of the transformation won't be his fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I think they're going to turn him evil, which would be pretty interesting. As we've seen in the last couple of years, one thing that makes Luke Cage so awesome is that he brings people together and keeps them together. He's a great teamplayer, a good husband who's trying to make things with Jessica work, and a good father who loves his daughter. What happens to everyone when you take that person and turn them evil and against the people they love? Especially given that at least some of the transformation won't be his fault.
    That has me curious.I also didn't see him in the new solicit for Might Avengers and Al Ewing said that an original member of the team would be leaving in the first arc.I'm guessing it's Luke since Sam is taking over as leader.

So Cage will be part of the "bad" Axis team... Niiiice... Maybe we'll get to see him face off against some heroes..
    Used to be Juggernuat on the Marvel boards

Quote Originally Posted by Raymone View Post
    So Cage will be part of the "bad" Axis team... Niiiice... Maybe we'll get to see him face off against some heroes..
    What does that do for him long term?

Quote Originally Posted by Raymone View Post
    If both Cage and Sam were present, I assume they'll both be inverted. Though Cages teammates at least likely will have been spared since none of them ever seem to get invited to any of these multi-team Avenger missions. Just Luke and Danny.