Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chief View Post
    The Rock. He's the perfect pick IMO.
    Ugh, with all due respect. "No."

As much as I like him, The Rock's too much of a softie to play a street hardened hero like Luke. It's like getting Cameron Diaz to play Valkyrie. Some actors just need a certain degree of natural toughness to make certain roles convincing.
    Last edited by Ajala; 05-06-2014 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by D. Strong View Post

As much as I like him, The Rock's too much of a softie to play a street hardened hero like Luke. It's like getting Cameron Diaz to play Valkyrie. Some actors just need a certain degree of natural toughness to make certain roles convincing.
    I don't think he's a softie at all. I thought Luke Hobbs in the Fast and Furious franchise was pretty hardcore. But I don't wanna see him play Luke Cage

Quote Originally Posted by Chief View Post
    I really like Cage as this sort of People's Champion character. He's the perfect street level Avengers leader. I think a big part of why Mighty Avengers works is how well Ewing writes him.

His ability to put up with Jessica Jones constant nagging and whining should be added to his list of superpowers. Some of those scenes with them in New Avengers were dreadful.
    I loved Jessica Jones in Alias and I felt Bendis forced their relationship near cancellation.He spent his whole time on the book developing her relationship with Scott Lang then just throw her on Luke right before the series got canned.

The guy was a college football player and a professional wrestler. I'd say he's about as naturally tough as you're gonna get.

Rocks not necessarily my first choice, but I think he could certainly do it. Really I think a lot of guys can. Luke isn't necessariy the hardest character to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsw00d View Post
    What actor would you like to see cast in the role of Luke Cage in a future Avengers/solo movie run?

Is Terry Crews too old?
    I notice no one commented on my suggestion...

LC-TC.jpg
    LC_TC.jpg
    Last edited by Kingsw00d; 05-07-2014 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsw00d View Post
    I notice no one commented on my suggestion...
    LC-TC.jpg
    I think he's perfect.

Luke Cage is great in Mighty Avengers! Can't wait for the next issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The guy was a college football player and a professional wrestler. I'd say he's about as naturally tough as you're gonna get.

Rocks not necessarily my first choice, but I think he could certainly do it. Really I think a lot of guys can. Luke isn't necessariy the hardest character to play.
    Where did I mention whether he was physically fit or not? Luke has a certain degree of street edginess that simply can't be faked, without looking like an awkward and "try-hard" clod. Most people can't fake such an edge, but those that can are truly skilled actors, who separate themselves from everyone else. The Rock hasn't demonstrated in anything he's done, that he has that ability. Not even when he was in The Nation of Domination, back in the WWF. He was the same guy he was when he blew up in the WWF/WWE. Which was just a fast talking pretty boy. While in the Fast n' Furious movies, he was little more than a grimacing bruiser.
    Last edited by Ajala; 05-08-2014 at 02:53 AM.

Where did I mention whether he was physically fit or not? Luke has a certain degree of street edginess that simply can't be faked, without looking like an awkward and "try-hard" clod. Most people can't fake such an edge, but those that can are truly skilled actors, who separate themselves from everyone else. The Rock hasn't demonstrated in anything he's done, that he has that ability. Not even when he was in The Nation of Domination, back in the WWF. He was the same guy he was when he blew up in the WWF/WWE. Which was just a fast talking pretty boy. While in the Fast n' Furious movies, he was little more than a grimacing bruiser.
    The exact words you used were "natural toughness."

And again, as a former college football player and professional wrestler, I was arguing he was about as naturally tough a human being as you're going to get.

What are some good pre Bendis Luke Cage stories?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The exact words you used were "natural toughness."

And again, as a former college football player and professional wrestler, I was arguing he was about as naturally tough a human being as you're going to get.
    I also used the word "softie" before that, which when commonly used, has very little to do with physique. Which would clearly denote that there's more than one from of toughness. So I don't know why you're going back to the physical aspect, when I clearly used a word before that, which framed what I was talking about.

And again being physically fit isn't what I was referring to. Since you can look at both The Rock and Luke, and see that this isn't an issue.

I think the Rock would work but I would personally prefer a new comer. I think Crews is too old.

BANNED

Say No to Trey Crews!

I would very much prefer someone else. Hopefully a new and exceptional talent.

Ever since the Rock shaved his head, grew the facial hair and bulked up I think he lost the "fast talking pretty boy" aura he's had for the majority of his career. Dude looks like a serious bad ass. But again that's my opinion.

Not sold on Terry Crews mostly because I've seen too much humor in his acting and not enough ass kicking and bad assery.

Plus I can just see the Rock yelling "Sweet Christmas!" and making it work.

I do agree with others here that a young up and comer would prob be the best choice. I'm sure the Rock comes with a hefty price tag.

I also used the word "softie" before that, which when commonly used, has very little to do with physique. Which would clearly denote that there's more than one from of toughness. So I don't know why you're going back to the physical aspect, when I clearly used a word before that, which framed what I was talking about.

And again being physically fit isn't what I was referring to. Since you can look at both The Rock and Luke, and see that this isn't an issue.
    The fact that you're using the term softie in reference to a professional wrestler is part of the reason I frankly question your definiton of toughness in the first place.

Tough is both a physical and mental thing, and frankly you need BOTH to be a professional wrestler. The fact that he did what he did for a long as he did qualifies him as being legitimately one of the toughest human beings walking the planet period. Moreso than the vast majority of actors out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cage32 View Post
    I think the Rock would work but I would personally prefer a new comer. I think Crews is too old.
    I often think unknowns work better for comic book characters.

No matter how much make up Jack Nickelson wore or how great his performance was, when you watched him in Batman you saw Jack Nickelson, not the Joker. I didn't see Matt Murdock in Daredevil... I just saw Ben Afflick in a Daredevil outfit. It's sometimes hard to see past the actor.

Course, that's not always the case. With RDJ and Iron Man, it just worked beautifully. But SOMETIMES, not always but sometimes having a big name actor can actually take away from the comic book experience.

That said, a lot of the guys mentioned in this thread would work pretty well.