Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil is Legend View Post
    What writer has written Luke Cage the best?
    Bendis during his Daredevil run, and I loved Jeff Parker's Cage in Thunderbolts (my favourite Cage)

What writer has written Luke Cage the best?
    I'm gonna go with Bendis and Ewing. They did and are doing a nice job of fleshing out the non-super hero aspects of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Bendis during his Daredevil run, and I loved Jeff Parker's Cage in Thunderbolts (my favourite Cage)

I liked him in Daredevil as well but I haven't really dug the character since he's gotten married. I been checking out a lot of his old stuff and he seems pretty damn interesting pre Benidis

I liked him in Daredevil as well but I haven't really dug the character since he's gotten married. I been checking out a lot of his old stuff and he seems pretty damn interesting pre Bendis
    For me it's not Bendis' Cage in New Avenger I didn't like, but Jessica (more specifically how Jessica made Cage look in that relationship). I loved Cage in Daredevil because he was the guy to drop the ultimate truth bombs... yet he was staying with a woman who 90% shouted at him, belittled him and treated his choices as a nuisance (under Bendis). Truth bomb Cage: you deserve better! I don't think it's a coincidence my favourite Cage (Thunderbolts) is the one completely void of Jessica.
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 06-03-2014 at 03:09 PM.

My favorite Cage writers are

Archie Goodwin
    Roy Thomas (I liked his FF appearances)
    John Ostrander
    Hudlin (I liked the way he wrote Cage when he appeared in the BP book)
    Jeff Parker
    We need better comics

For me it's not Bendis' Cage in New Avenger I didn't like, but Jessica (more specifically how Jessica made Cage look in that relationship). I loved Cage in Daredevil because he was the guy to drop the ultimate truth bombs... yet he was staying with a woman who 90% shouted at him, belittled him and treated his choices as a nuisance (under Bendis). Truth bomb Cage: you deserve better! I don't think it's a coincidence my favourite Cage (Thunderbolts) is the one completely void of Jessica.
    I completely agree with you that he deserves better and I do say this as Jessica Jones because I loved Alias but I can't but feel Bendis forced their relationship due to cancellation of the book.I wish I would have read Thunderbolts with Cage in it. I read 1 issue and liked it but I never continued to follow

I completely agree with you that he deserves better and I do say this as Jessica Jones because I loved Alias but I can't but feel Bendis forced their relationship due to cancellation of the book.I wish I would have read Thunderbolts with Cage in it. I read 1 issue and liked it but I never continued to follow
    I don't think Alias was cancelled so much as it was changed into Pulse because they wanted a non-R rated book.

I wish I would have read Thunderbolts with Cage in it. I read 1 issue and liked it but I never continued to follow
    Oh you must, it's so wonderful (my favourite Thunderbolts run). The first arc is called Cage; and he gets some great solo issues too.

Oh you must, it's so wonderful (my favourite Thunderbolts run). The first arc is called Cage; and he gets some great solo issues too.

Wow it looks awesome!! Is Valkyrie on the team?

The Rock can't be Luke Cage and neither can the Criminal Minds guy... We need a big black unkown actor. I don't want a movie but a TV SERIES

Too bad that C. Priest can't be consulted for the upcoming NetFlix series. Or maybe he can be. Hmm.

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

Thunderbolts with Cage and Danny was pretty dope. By Remender.
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

I wonder since Marvel likes changing their comics to fit the movies if Luke's status as a married might change.Especially with the reboot rumors. I doubt it but I was just thinking

I wonder since Marvel likes changing their comics to fit the movies if Luke's status as a married might change.Especially with the reboot rumors. I doubt it but I was just thinking
    Given that Jessica Jones is also getting her own show, I would think the shows will follow a similar tract in that regard to the comics. If they didn't intend to eventually have Luke and Jessica hook up, I sort of doubt they'd bother creating a Jessica Jones TV series. But obviously that's speculation... who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Given that Jessica Jones is also getting her own show, I would think the shows will follow a similar tract in that regard to the comics. If they didn't intend to eventually have Luke and Jessica hook up, I sort of doubt they'd bother creating a Jessica Jones TV series. But obviously that's speculation... who knows.
    Very true....maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part lol