Page 51 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
    "Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Which makes me wonder why?

How can Cage not know if JJ has been in prison. Like... wtf could have happened

Knowing Bendis, he will drag it out 8 issues so people keep tuning in wondering why
    I think he knew she was in jail, but she just refused to see him and so he couldn't confront her.

And yeah, I'm worried about that with Bendis. I hope has a good reason for why Jessica is dodging questions, because the longer this goes on and the weaker answer turns out to be, the worse it'll look for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    The PM&IF has a bit of the same tone, I don't need a comic version of the show since I have the show
    Never said I wanted a comic version of the show. And PM&IF is definitely nothing like it.

Just hoping for a Luke Cage solo with a not so goofy approach. Preferably featuring Claire Temple now that she's back in Sam Wilson's book.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Really hope we finally get a proper Luke Cage solo series after this comes out. Marvel worked to match the tone on Daredevil and bring back the original creative team for Jessica Jones, Cage better get the same treatment.
    I totally agree. There needs to be a proper Luke Cage series. Most superhero books are about characters that punch people in the face. What I mean is that you do not get an Ice Man, Human Torch or Professor X series. You get series where a character powers are usually strong, fast and they will punch you in the face.

Cage is super strong, lives in NY and has been on the Avengers. It makes no since that he has not had a feature comic in the past Marvel Now relaunch. I mean we have had a Moon Knight and Vision comic. Now with the series being so popular, this needs to happen.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Did anyone get Cage #1? I can't get past the art, I just can't.
    I passed because I wasn't sure what to think. The art itself isn't bad, I liked Samurai Jack as a kid. But I couldn't tell what the tone would be and if it was something I'd be interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    True.

I liked the low fade cage had in the early nineties.
    Speaking of artists (not)knowing how to depict black hair. My favorite detail from that CAGE series was the storyline where Luke is incarcerated again and Dwayne Turner did a realistic growing out of Cage's fade haircut to show the passage of time behind bars. It was a rare and appreciated touch.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Because their Netflix versions simply don't fit together

She killed his wife lol. I mean... how do you ever get past the optics that the girl sleeping next to you in the morning punched your wife so hard it killed her?

yeeesh
    Yeah, that's impossible to reconcile, even if it wasn't entirely her fault.

Oddly enough, I like the Jessica Jones Netflix series more than I like the Luke Cage Netflix series. LC is just ok to me. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the N-word has been used more times in the first few episodes than in all of Tarantino's movies combined. Or maybe it's that it feels like a poor 1990s remake of a blaxploitation movie, with a dash of NY Undercover tossed in for good measure. In any event, I am looking forward to Daniel Rand and Colleen Wing showing up in the not too distant future. I also wouldn't mind Daredevil making an appearance.

Cage #1 feels like samurai jack.

I'm not getting Alias.
    The J-man

It SHOULD feel like Samurai Jack. Same creator, Genndy Tartakovsky.

Spartak87

Am I missing something? Is there a comic I should read that covers missing info, or is this a "crazy 1st issue w/ cliffhanger with no background until the next issue(s)" type thing. I mean I have been reading PM&IF and I haven't seen anything that would lead into Jessica Jones #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I passed because I wasn't sure what to think. The art itself isn't bad, I liked Samurai Jack as a kid. But I couldn't tell what the tone would be and if it was something I'd be interested in.
    Yeah, I like Jokey Cage comics and it was jokey cage comics from the second page.

Bleh
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Spartak87 View Post
    Am I missing something? Is there a comic I should read that covers missing info, or is this a "crazy 1st issue w/ cliffhanger with no background until the next issue(s)" type thing. I mean I have been reading PM&IF and I haven't seen anything that would lead into Jessica Jones #1.
    Its Bendis lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Spartak87 View Post
    That's because PM&IF is still on CWII, and JJ takes place afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Speaking of artists (not)knowing how to depict black hair. My favorite detail from that CAGE series was the storyline where Luke is incarcerated again and Dwayne Turner did a realistic growing out of Cage's fade haircut to show the passage of time behind bars. It was a rare and appreciated touch.
    Stuff like that is always appreciated, one of the reasons why I 've hated pretty much every artist they've put on New Avengers (2015 version) they suck at drawing black hair and faces..

Bendis has his time with Cage pass the torch before he does something bad
    The J-man

I gave the CAGE! mini a try and it was actually kinda fun. The art sure takes some getting used to and it's rough in a few places, but I liked the 70's throwback.

Didn't expect to see Cyclops of all people show up, could have done without him.