Page 57 of 68 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I liked issue one. Good continuity. Remembering Noah Burstein's wife and first test subject Warhawk.

I also like the slight noir story beats.

Astonishing Member

Great beginning for this newest series for Luke Cage......and Issue #1 goes into both Luke's past history, while setting things up into his latest adventures.

Also, good moments for Luke, Danny/Iron Fist and Jessica Jones-Cage within SECRET EMPIRE #2.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    She was his wife. Although, considering what happened in the first arc of JJ's comic and the Cage TV showing implying that Luke will be with Claire I'm unsure of their future status as a couple.
    Eh, it's mostly temporarily most likely. Luke and Jessica are together on the same team in the defenders. And while they are having trouble there's been no indication of a divorce or anything. Besides, Bendis claims to be socially savy and has created the only current IR marriage in comics. I highly doubt he's going to kick that aside.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

I liked the moms and pops superheroes raising a child together.

Just wanted to comment generally on the first two issues of the new Luke Cage series. I am really enjoying the book. In my opinion it is one of the best characterizations of Luke in his over 45 years of existence. David Walker and his team has delivered an intriguing storyline, excellent character development, a fine balance of story and action and impressive art work. Anyone who is a fan of the "Powerman" and have not yet checked this series out are doing themselves a great disservice.

Luke Cage is knocking down its open casting slots with Marvel's official announcement today that Mustafa Shakir (The Deuce, The Night Of) and Gabrielle Dennis (Insecure, Rosewood) will join the frenzied fighting when Season 2 strikes next year.

Shakir will portray John McIver, aka Bushmaster, who is described by Marvel as "a natural leader, brimming with charisma, whose mission is focused on Harlem and vengeance." Created by Chris Claremont and John Byrne, Bushmaster was first seen in Iron Fist #15 in 1977. He's a former Euro leader of the Maggia crime syndicate, born in the Caribbean, who possesses superhuman strength and superior street-fighting techniques.

Dennis will inhabit the character of Tilda Johnson, more commonly perceived in comic pages as Nightshade. The seductive scientist vigilante is described as "a brilliant, holistic doctor with a complicated history in Harlem where, as much as she tries to stay far from trouble, it seems to always find her." Originating from the fertile minds of Steve Englehart and Alan Weiss, Nightshade took on Captain America and S.H.I.E.L.D. with her enticing concoctions of pheromones and was first seen in 1973's Captain America #164. She's also the Marvel madwoman who turned The Star Spangled Avenger into a bloody werewolf with her secret serums!
    http://www.syfy.com/2017-7-5/luke-ca...ter-nightshade
    Coming together.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

To me, that's the correct number that should be counted. It doesn't at all seem arbitrary to get to an anniversary number. Good for them.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Invincible Member

Read the latest issue and I'm still enjoying the story, but wow...the art is so stiff looking to me.

Read the latest issue and I'm still enjoying the story, but wow...the art is so stiff looking to me.
    I think that's probably my biggest issue with the series right now. It leaves the story and action feeling kind of dull.

The art is no problem for me. i find it is quite good. However intially inspired by the slow developing intrigue in the first two issues, by issue three i am now finding the story is not moving fast enough. Ready for more action in issue 4.

Well, I think we know why he goes to jail now. So what's the point of the next two issues?

BANNED

Calling it stiff is being nice

BANNED

That I can agree with

https://twitter.com/sanfordgreene/st...48668768231426
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanford Greene
    Warchin' some #Defenders while workin' on some #HeroesForHire