Page 63 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364656667 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    True now that he is on level with The Thing he needs someone who can hit back. Obviously he can have one or two mastermind bad guys too but he needs some one with power.
    Wait----Luke is now as strong as Thing? I thought Luke went from Class 10 to Class 25. Isn't Ben Class 85?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so can any b-c level villains from somebody else's stable be brought in and upgraded, like Kingpin was "borrowed" from Spider-Man for the Daredevil comics?
    Considering basically every super hero and villain in the MU essentially operates in the exact same city, it's pretty easy to justify any hero "borrowing" any other villain. It's evitable that heroes and villains will bump into each other interchangeably.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so can any b-c level villains from somebody else's stable be brought in and upgraded, like Kingpin was "borrowed" from Spider-Man for the Daredevil comics?
    Its definitely possible
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Papapapa POWERMAN!

Luke Cage holding it down on Mighty Avengers.

New Netflix tv series on the way.

I can hear it now.

"Well we're movin on up,
    To the east side.
    FetLife IMVU Canva
    To a deluxe apartment in the sky.
    Movin on up,
    To the east side.
    We finally got a piece of the pie."
    I most loved saint... Confine is outcold.. I'm so happy he's been getting a push recently, no just in fame, yet in addition in power... He's getting entirely damn solid...

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Wait----Luke is now as strong as Thing? I thought Luke went from Class 10 to Class 25. Isn't Ben Class 85?
    He has been written that way the last 10 years or so. Although I don't think he was ever stated how he made the jump.

During Age of Ultron She Hulk and he debated who was stronger. In New Avengers while he punched Ben and Ben comments it was embarrassing way to find out who was stronger. Not entirely conclusive but indicates an upgrade to at least close to Ben

... I guess Luke is as strong as he needs to be for the story. I can remember the circa 1986 Marvel Universe roster book, it listed him as being 3-tons strong. The Marvel Role Playing Game published at the time listed him at "Incredible" which was a 10-ton maximum; I can recall the early 90s solo storyline where he was subjected to another chemical bath which reportedly increased his strength.. He went toe-to-toe with some heavy hitters during his stints in the New Avengers and Thunderbolts..

I just haven't seen Luke working out with one of those super-human weight machines like you see the Thing or She-Hulk or Colossus using.

I think Cage is actually a botch below Thing level, but he's able to hang with Thing level bricks through heart, the same way Thing is a notch below Hulk level bricks but able to hang with people above his weight class through heart.

Where you been? Did you miss Bendis’ 15+ years at Marvel. Just read all of Bendis avengers comics and events

Quote Originally Posted by pauloctavio View Post
    I most loved saint... Confine is outcold.. I'm so happy he's been getting a push recently, no just in fame, yet in addition in power... He's getting entirely damn solid...
    Wow I forgot I posted that lol
    The J-man

Where you been? Did you miss Bendis’ 15+ years at Marvel. Just read all of Bendis avengers comics and events
    Lol. Yeah, didn't read that, although heard that Luke got stronger, just didn't know how much or why.

Lol. Yeah, didn't read that, although heard that Luke got stronger, just didn't know how much or why.
    I don't think there was an actual canon reason. He was just written that way. He's firmly mid tier now, above Spider-Man.

He hung with Proxima Midnight. They exchanged blows. He even had exchanges with Namor and other midterms.

Just something that happened I wouldn't bother looking for an in universe explanation.
    The J-man

I have always liked Luke, even before he replaced Ben as the muscle on the FF.

Luke is a good man and I am glad he now has more power.

I don't think there was an actual canon reason. He was just written that way. He's firmly mid tier now, above Spider-Man.

He hung with Proxima Midnight. They exchanged blows. He even had exchanges with Namor and other midterms.

Just something that happened I wouldn't bother looking for an in universe explanation.
    I think during a fight with Bushmaster, he was exposed to something similar to how he initially got his powers, giving him a power boost.

It was always pretty lame that a guy named Power Man only had like 1 ton strength. The power upgrade (or a name change) was long overdue.

I have always liked Luke, even before he replaced Ben as the muscle on the FF.

Luke is a good man and I am glad he now has more power.
    Luke and Ben might be the two most universally liked/respected people in the MCU.

Some might say Cap but he has pissed off more than hoister even before running Hydra or that version of him.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think Cage is actually a botch below Thing level, but he's able to hang with Thing level bricks through heart, the same way Thing is a notch below Hulk level bricks but able to hang with people above his weight class through heart.
    That is fair. Luke and Ben both last longer in fights due to grit than raw strength large though it may be.

also people overlook it but Cage and Ben have tussled in the 70s and it wasn't so one sided.

here's another encounter-

The J-man