Page 7 of 68 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Claire Temple didn't fit in with Brian Bendis's need to portray Luke as a Black male stereotype.

Quiet as it's kept, pre-Bendis adoption of Luke's character, Cage had only been involved with two women namely Claire Temple and Harmony Young.

It was only when Bendis got a hold of Luke that we were introduced to a character who was nothing more than a scratching post for many of the 616 MU's female heroes before he was finally lumbered with Jessica Jones who initially used him to satisfy her need to be sexually humiliated and used. (unbeknownst to Cage)
    It seems that classic Luke is a lot different than Bendis's Luke. I think I like classic a lot Luke better

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil is Legend View Post
    It seems that classic Luke is a lot different than Bendis's Luke. I think I like classic a lot Luke better
    Classic Luke will always be my favourite but I really loved Luke in the Thunderbolt book as well.

You should chect the TPB's out when you get a chance.

Classic Luke will always be my favourite but I really loved Luke in the Thunderbolt book as well.

You should chect the TPB's out when you get a chance.
    I agree with a lot of the things you say about Luke so I will check it out as long as Jessica and Danielle are absent i'm cool

Claire Temple didn't fit in with Brian Bendis's need to portray Luke as a Black male stereotype.

Quiet as it's kept, pre-Bendis adoption of Luke's character, Cage had only been involved with two women namely Claire Temple and Harmony Young.

It was only when Bendis got a hold of Luke that we were introduced to a character who was nothing more than a scratching post for many of the 616 MU's female heroes before he was finally lumbered with Jessica Jones who initially used him to satisfy her need to be sexually humiliated and used. (unbeknownst to Cage)
    Luke and She-Hulk were together in the 90s Heroes for Hire book. And wasn't he with Dakota North at some point in the 90s too?

Dr. Claire Temple is still my favorite of Luke's love interests though.

BANNED

i don't know why anyone would prefer new Cage to classic.

I'll never know how Luke went from her to Jessica
    it wasn't immediate. it was a gradual lessening of standards.

successful doctor ---> bubble-headed model ---> green door knob ---> bar wench
    Last edited by Ant-manic; 06-17-2014 at 03:01 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by an angry space man View Post
    Luke and She-Hulk were together in the 90s Heroes for Hire book. And wasn't he with Dakota North at some point in the 90s too?

Dr. Claire Temple is still my favorite of Luke's love interests though.
    she was the classiest. of course she was smart enough to stay out of the costumed craziness; dumping Luke and Bill Foster.

Quote Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post

LOL!!! You my friend are hilarious but who is the bubble head model?

BANNED

LOL!!! You my friend are hilarious but who is the bubble head model?
    i think her name was Harmony. Sabretooth messed up her face (she got better).
    http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...ny_young14.jpg
    http://www.comicvine.com/harmony-young/4005-13383/
    Last edited by Ant-manic; 06-17-2014 at 03:19 PM.

Its people that haven't read the old stuff that swear Bendis was the best thing to happen to Cage.
    We need better comics

i think her name was Harmony. Sabretooth messed up her face (she got better).
    http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...ny_young14.jpg
    http://www.comicvine.com/harmony-young/4005-13383/
    She's hot dude. I think she was also in Luke Cage Noir

BANNED

I agree with a lot of the things you say about Luke so I will check it out as long as Jessica and Danielle are absent i'm cool
    Trust me, Luke was written really well in the Thunderbolt book.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by an angry space man View Post

I was under the impression that Jen didn't like Luke at first cuz he was an ex-con, but they became friends and went out for dinner once or twice. I wasn't aware that it was a romance. But I'll admit I haven't read too many of those 90's H4H comics.

Dakota North? Was that on panel somewhere or just among the list of his conquests?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Its people that haven't read the old stuff that swear Bendis was the best thing to happen to Cage.
    Real talk. :smh:

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Old Luke is pretty controversial too. There's no getting around the fact that he was created to cash in on a stereotype. However, once you go beyond that, you can find admirable traits beyond the fake jive talking.

Modern Luke's biggest problem is that much of his time he was written by BMB. And BMB does something really well, somethings not so well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Old Luke is pretty controversial too. There's no getting around the fact that he was created to cash in on a stereotype. However, once you go beyond that, you can find admirable traits beyond the fake jive talking.

Modern Luke's biggest problem is that much of his time he was written by BMB. And BMB does something really well, somethings not so well.
    Modern Luke's biggest problem was that where he was written in the 70's with more of a Blaxploitation aesthetic, he was a much more grounded, solid and independent character, Bendis actually turned him into a 99% walking epitome of every negative stereotype ascribed to Black males.

Making a character more visible is kind of pointless if you're going to neuter said character.