Page 8 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    BANNED

i'm about to say something completley out-of-character for myself. i did like Bendis' depiction of Cage in the Secret War series. but that's because he still had hair and wasn't being bossed around by Jessica. i'm now starting to think that Bendis didn't write Secret War.

for me, Luke's history can be summed up thusly...

classic Cage = DJ Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince-era Will Smith

90s Ostrander H4H Cage = Independence Day-era Will Smith

Bendis-written Cage = Church of Scientology After Earth Will Smith
    Last edited by Ant-manic; 06-17-2014 at 04:59 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil is Legend View Post
    She's hot dude. I think she was also in Luke Cage Noir
    really? i missed out on the Noir series. i'll have to look it up. Cage is one of those characters that might work pretty well in that genre; Easy Rawlins w/ unbreakable skin.

I agree with a lot of the things you say about Luke so I will check it out as long as Jessica and Danielle are absent i'm cool
    They are indeed absent. I think we see her ONCE (pre-take over, when he's look at the Raft) and he is on the phone to her once. She doesn't join in the missions and she never is on the page to shout at him. It's glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    They are indeed absent. I think we see her ONCE (pre-take over, when he's look at the Raft) and he is on the phone to her once. She doesn't join in the missions and she never is on the page to shout at him. It's glorious.
    I never thought Luke would be the type of guy to take smack from a woman.Especially one like Jessica but oh well

Luke Cage's true come up has come under Ewing's pen in Mighty Avengers. Far as I'm concerned a come up isn't being made leader of bargain basement Avengers group only to never really lead it, e a black male with female counterpart only to have her base on you and berate you in public. Luke seemed like one of the clueless dudes on a Springer episode.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Luke Cage's true come up has come under Ewing's pen in Mighty Avengers. Far as I'm concerned a come up isn't being made leader of bargain basement Avengers group only to never really lead it, e a black male with female counterpart only to have her base on you and berate you in public. Luke seemed like one of the clueless dudes on a Springer episode.
    HAHAHAHA!!! I really wish he never had a wife and kid but I hear most people say it's character evolution.

I wish he didn't have a kid or a wife either... However, I really enjoy Ewing's take on Luke....

Quote Originally Posted by Raymone View Post
    I wish he didn't have a kid or a wife either... However, I really enjoy Ewing's take on Luke....
    I do too.I just wish he was single lol

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Its people that haven't read the old stuff that swear Bendis was the best thing to happen to Cage.
    I happened to think the short lived Luke Cage 90's comic series was pretty good. I enjoyed Marcus McLaurin update of the character and expansion of his background.

The Evil And The Cure is still one of my favourite Luke Cage storylines. It is a shame more people have not read that run.

Brian Azzarello Max Cage remains one of the worst portrayals of the character for me.

You know what? I totally forgot how much I loved Luke Cage Noir. I need to get that in trade.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I happened to think the short lived Luke Cage 90's comic series was pretty good. I enjoyed Marcus McLaurin update of the character and expansion of his background.

The Evil And The Cure is still one of my favourite Luke Cage storylines. It is a shame more people have not read that run.

Brian Azzarello Max Cage remains one of the worst portrayals of the character for me.
    I keep hearing people say that.What was so bad about it? I haven't read it

Quote Originally Posted by Raymone View Post
    Agreed on both counts. I really liked Parker's take on him, and Bendis' Daredevil Cage was epic. I have no problem Luke being married with a kid, I only have a problem with how his wife (someone who is supposed to love him) treats him (esp. publicly). I see no love for Luke from Jessica (but I do see it from him). Such a shame, Luke deserves better.

Invincible Member

I keep hearing people say that.What was so bad about it? I haven't read it

It think they were trying go for an updated blaxploitation feel, but it's dangerously close to caricature. I don't it's meant to be out and racist, but I see why some people have a problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Agreed on both counts. I really liked Parker's take on him, and Bendis' Daredevil Cage was epic. I have no problem Luke being married with a kid, I only have a problem with how his wife (someone who is supposed to love him) treats him (esp. publicly). I see no love for Luke from Jessica (but I do see it from him). Such a shame, Luke deserves better.
    He should have went back after Claire

He should have went back after Claire
    But I like Danielle... they should have just outed Jessica as a skrull. Oh missed opportunities...